Creatine? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe
Creatine?

Anyone have experience with Creatine? I've been thinking about trying it out, would like to hear from someone who's used it and knows what they're talking about.

And then there's this asshole...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:25 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 32

Re: Creatine?

You'll never hit 70 home runs. Just live with it.

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #3 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:39 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I use BSN's NoExplode (pre workout) and Cell mass (post). I love these 2 products, but they are expensive, the most expensive creatine on the market I think. The NoExplode is "speedy" trying to get you amped up to workout. Some people don't like it. It can also be hard on your stomach if you take on empty as they recommend (my buddy had problems with this when he switched to it). I drink a protein shake in the morning and eat some oatmeal too, so I don't take it on empty nor have problems.

I like it very much. I seem to have real problems with overtraining, and the creatine noticably helps muscle recovery. A friend has problems with carpel tunnel, and when he goes off creatine (any brand), he has problems. When he's saturated, there are none.

It will add 10 pounds of mostly water retention in muscle quickly, but after that the only gains are if you are still training to your new, higher limits.

I think a trainer told me the best advice about it several years ago, "if drinking creatine makes you workout more, it's well worth the money".

Last edited by luvtolean; 07-12-2005 at 1:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:43 PM
SPEED

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Eat steak.
post #5 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:45 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

I tried it years ago. It really messed with my stomach, had to stop taking it cause it would make me sick from the pain. I give it .

Dan
post #6 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:49 PM Thread Starter

I'm not looking for a lot more bulk, I'm more concerned with tone. I mix my routine up quite a bit but I've hit some plateaus... I'm at about 175lbs with 11% body fat, would like to be same weight with 6%.

If you go off creatine do you lose that mass right away? If I could up my limits, go off of it and keep my same weights that would make for pretty good progress.

post #7 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:49 PM

Well it's probably worth a try. Just remember that your results may vary.

Do you know how creatine works? Basically it allows you to recover more quickly not necessarily between workouts, although this may be the case, but more really to recover between sets allowing you to be more rested for each set and therefore train harder. The harder you can train the more you can grow. In theory anyway.

The research has shown that it does basically nothing for endurance atheletes, and is really only good for explosive types of movements in sports like, football, hockey, baseball. Etc. Please don't ask me for a link, b/c this was research that I (and my wife who has a Master's in Developmental Kinesiology) read in college.

It's very safe, and usually you take it in two phases. A loading phase and a maintainence phase.

I've used it before and it made me just look puffy. I didn't notice any signifigant performance gains. But that's just me.

HD
post #8 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperAZ
I tried it years ago. It really messed with my stomach, had to stop taking it cause it would make me sick from the pain. I give it .

I've had a couple friends that used it and would have "**** attacks" where they'd literally have to jump up and run to the crapper.

post #9 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
I'm not looking for a lot more bulk, I'm more concerned with tone. I mix my routine up quite a bit but I've hit some plateaus... I'm at about 175lbs with 11% body fat, would like to be same weight with 6%.

If you go off creatine do you lose that mass right away? If I could up my limits, go off of it and keep my same weights that would make for pretty good progress.

The creatine itself doesn't give you more muscle mass. It just makes your muscles swell w/ water. In my case it made my love handles swell too.

When you start to take it you can expect to see your weights go up, and then down again after you stop, however if you've trained properly they should fall to the levels they were at pre-creatine use.

For your goals, I wouldn't recomend using creatine. Personally. I would use some type of fat burner. It's really too bad that you can't get ephedra anymore b/c it really was a good product that a few stiffs ruined for the rest of us. Take a fat burner, up the cardio, and do supersets w/ small amounts of rest between your supersets. OH, and watch what you eat. THe less fat you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it.

HD
post #10 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 1:55 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Hmmm... Interesting responses.

Creating is a natural substance in your muscles which helps them regain energy quickly allowing you to get more from your workouts. In itself, it does not make you stronger although you may think so because it retains water in your muscles making them look bigger. Some people feel that when they take too much creatine, they feel bloated; it's plausible but I have never had that effect.

The goal for using creatine is to get it into your system before and during a workout so that you can do more within the same amount of time. i.e. Less rest between sets. Personally I used it this way for workouts but it was also very effective for sports that requires you to regain energy quickly throughout the match... i.e. Dragon boat or football etc. You can give it your 110% and your next time on the field you'll be revitalized much quicker allowing to give it 110% the next time out without as much fading.

As far as I have heard, there are no medical studies that prove or disprove that creatine is harmful to your body.

Lastly, I found a good combination with the basics. Creatine before the workout (about 1 hour), then creatine in my hydration bottle while I workout and finally protein whey after the workout to allow your muscles to heal. This cycle of hurt your muscles then fix your muscles is what it's all about; Creatine and whey accelerate each of those processes so should help you. Keep the "Moderation of all things" philosophy in your mind and you'll be safe.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #11 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 2:01 PM

Reputation Power: 20

p.s. in response to Heavy-Dee's comments that your weights come down after you stop using. My personal experience is that using creatine accelerate the rate at which I could increase the weight I was lifting and when I stopped using creatine the rate at which I could increase the weight declined - It did *not* decrease my strength.

Uhm... Did I misread that? Did Heavy-Dee mean that you gained weight and lost weight depending on if you were using or not using? That is true because you retain more water.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #12 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 2:02 PM Thread Starter

What would be better for cardio?

A. 15-20 minute warm-up before weights

or

B. no warm up during before weights but a dedicated "cardio day" where I do 60 min. plus?

THe reason I ask is that when I warm up on the treadmill I get a bit fatigued and my weight training suffers. I haven't done my usual 15 minute uphill run on the treadmill for the last few weeks and I've managed to up all of my weights. But I still want to work a cardio routine in there somehow. I'm at the gym at least 3, sometimes 4 nights a week.

post #13 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 2:14 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Have you consulted a JIT manual or any Toyota engineers for their opinions/experiences?
post #14 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
they'd literally have to jump up and run to the crapper.
Given my diet, that's pretty much the norm for me.
post #15 of 51 Old 07-12-2005, 2:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
Have you consulted a JIT manual or any Toyota engineers for their opinions/experiences?

Deming was RIPPED dude!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page