Hotels.com - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
DUX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21

Hotels.com

SUCKS!!!!

Made a reservation today for this weekend (10th anniversary) and confirmed the cancellation policy twice before I hung up the phone.

Found out tonight that we can't use the room and called to cancel. They now tell me that I will lose 1 nights charges ($300+) b/c of the cancellation policy, which is NOT what the operator told me earlier today.

I asked for a supervisor who said that was the Sheraton's policy and not theirs. I asked for her supervisor and was told she is at lunch. I left a voice message, and I'm sure she'll get right back to me.

I called Sheraton directly and they said it is not a Sheraton policy, but a hotels.com policy.

Next call is to my bank/credit card company tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-25-2005, 11:07 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: Hotels.com

Sorry to hear...I have been using Expedia for my travels in the last year or so and have been pretty happy. I only travel every couple of months so it's not a lot, but a decent amount.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-26-2005, 7:44 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I booked with Expedia for my trip to Laguna for the MotoGP, got a place for $50/night in Selinas at the Good Night Inn. A week before the trip the Good Night cancels are reservation so they put me up in the Ramata in Monterey for the same price.

So to Experdia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2005, 7:54 AM Thread Starter
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

Persistence paid off. When I got to the next level supervisor, she took care of the problem in about fifteen seconds. The agent quoted the cancellation policy wrong when I made the reservation. Good on them for finally making it right, but what a pain to get to that point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page