American Airlines gets 3 hooves down - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
American Airlines gets 3 hooves down

On the way out I had 2 planes of 2 with unexplained mechanical delays. I did not know the second was delayed so I got off and hussled to the gate since it was very close. I get there and the gate shows a 1 hour delay. Well no one shows for a while and finally I am wondering why the did not call yet for boarding. Well the flight on the board is different. No announcement nothing So I go and look at the board and it is moved to another gate and delayed 2 more hours. So on the inbound flight after getting up early working most of the day (not the airlines fault) and getting on a plane at 5PM so I could get there for a 7AM arrival at work the next morning I instead get in at 1:30AM my time Get very little sleep and get to working.

Well now I am leaving. I booked an early flight so I could get home and get chores done and enjoy Sunday (planned ride with Conq) I could have taken a late flight and went hiking, watching RMBs, to Pikes Peak, etc. but nope wanted to get in early. So I check the rental car in and go to the counter, huge line Well I figure I can do the self check to let them wait on the bazillion people. So I check in and go through the baggage nazis and help a young lady going to South America to visit her Grandma (she was young and a bit scared so I helped point her to folks that could help). Well I figure I was about ready to board since I helped her and hussled to the gate. The flight is cancelled no announcement no people nothing. So I am steamed! Look for another American person and there are none inside the secure area, steam goes up a notch! Well I am almost ready to go to the counter and lay a chomp on someone and look at the ticket again. It is for 11:20 with no seat assignment and no explanation. Of course my connector is Dallas is still scheduled so I am sure they will screw that up So now I am waiting and anticipating getting screwed on the 11 flight also. Likely spend all day in the airport in Colorado (see above activiites that don't suck I could be doing). Of course they contacted 1/2 the people on the flight but not me! So everyone cover your ears about 10:50 mountain time because when the worthless American rep shows and the gate I am planning a serious knawing.

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: American Airlines gets 3 hooves down

Only 2 1/2 hours late and my Dallas flight is fixed. Oh and I get the emergency door window seat in case their excellent record continues I get to be first passenger off

Must obey the sheep dog
post #3 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 8:27 PM

Reputation Power: 31

American has been the worst airline I've ever flown on. From March 04 to May 05 I flew from Germany to the states to visit my wife while I was stationed there and she was in the states. I learned to pack everything I needed in a backpack or give my luggage a hug and kiss as it would almost invariably take different flights than I did. (I successfully gnawed an American Executive to add my luggage's miles to mine when my bags flew Germany-Dallas-Hawaii-New York while I flew Germany-New York.)

While none of the US airlines have me providing glowing customer service forms, at least Swiss Air gave me free Jack and Cokes for the entire flight before informing me that my luggage had once again run off and joined the circus. Plus the flight attendants were hot.

Makes you wonder why we (taxpayers) are providing subsidies for incompetence. Then again, we're paying all the congressmen too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 9:12 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Are you home yet sheep?

Here in Oz
post #5 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 9:34 PM Thread Starter

Yep finally then my internet was down when I got here

Must obey the sheep dog
post #6 of 13 Old 08-06-2005, 9:38 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Welcome back!!

Here in Oz
post #7 of 13 Old 08-07-2005, 9:29 AM

Reputation Power: 21

where'd you go?

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #8 of 13 Old 08-07-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Colorado again. No RMB spotting, hiking, or road touring this time though just 100% work

Must obey the sheep dog
post #9 of 13 Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

American Airlines can kiss my fat white @$$!!!!

Here is a Rundown of our trip to Vegas last week

*BNA - DFW: Flight was delayed for one reason or another. It was raining a bit so Im sure that was the root of it. Arrived in DFW 30 minutes later than expected.

*DFW - LAS: We get to the airport and see that this flight was delayed as well. The good news is that I called a friend in Dallas from school and she met us at the airport and we had a couple of drinks in the 2 free hours we had. We were slated to be in Vegas about 9, and ended up touching down at 11:20. Im glad I ditched plans to meet up with Conq and Princess, as they had an early flight out the next morning.

*LAS - DFW: The one flight that was ontime out of the whole trip. The downside of this flight was that we were in THE back row, against the bulkhead. Meaning no leaning back, and all of the space that American added to seats a couple years ago came from this one back seat. I sit there with my knees crammed into the seat in front of me, hoping the person in front of me doesnt lean back, which she of course does for the 3 hour flight. Then as we are exiting, she lifts the arm rest up, damn near breaking my kneecap.

*DFW - BNA: Back to being late again. We check the monitors and see what gate we go to and hang out and eat lunch there. After the Detroit flight at our gate is delayed for "cleanup", I decide to check the monitor again and find our flight to be moved 15 gates down, with no verbal warning. That woulda been nice, but Im a fairly smart guy that got up to check. Everyone else had plenty of time as this flight was pushed back for some reason as well. It must have been the blue skies holding things up. Once on the plane, I can believe it... We are on the back row again and 2 of the overhead bins were Duct taped shut (I would have hoped that the "Cant Duc it F... it" saying would hold true in commercial aviation). While we are taxiing out I hear a warning alarm sound off then reset, then again as we are taking the active runway for takeoff. This was either real loud from the cockpit or something else. Once in the air, everything is fairly smooth except for the guy in front of us with the Whooping cough or somesuch which decided that it was cool to clear his throat by hacking up some flem about every 10 minutes. DC, myself, and some hottie accross from us all exchange the look of "Have you seen my facemask?" every time and shake our heads. No whooping cough for me today so I dont guess it was too bad.

All in all it sucked. When I picked up my luggage (hard sided samsonite... I hate checking luggage but Daniel packs like a girl and brought the big ass rolling bag complete with the kitchen sink, so I checked mine) I found the rubber trim, about the only part that is succeptable to damage, dagling beneath it.
I think American drafts some of their employees from the DI pool at Parris Island, as I talked to several gruff people from CS reps to flight attendants on the trip.

If I can help it, Ill never step foot on an American Airlines flight again!!!
post #10 of 13 Old 08-22-2005, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Sounds like the reason I only fly when paid (well OK maybe skiing also)

Must obey the sheep dog
post #11 of 13 Old 08-22-2005, 12:49 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

I have never had a problem with Southwest... Once you are accustomed to Ninja-boarding, its a piece of cake and the best thing is their people. I have also flown United and US Scairways with no problems...
Chris
post #12 of 13 Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

I would not do well with the Ninja boarding, I like to ease along and hate lines

Must obey the sheep dog
post #13 of 13 Old 09-15-2005, 9:13 PM

Reputation Power: 45

UAL Premium Exec for 6 years and counting.

When I fly AA, I'm very unhappy. And not just because of miles.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page