Need advice from seasoned travelers... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2005, 1:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot
Need advice from seasoned travelers...

Tuesday, DWC and I are heading to Vegas to celebrate his graduation from college. We have coach tickets on American Airlines, and I was wondering about trying to get 1st class. When I flew with US Scareways to NYC, I flew on a buddy fair and was able to upgrade for $15 a leg by just asking. Is this a standard thing or was it because I was on a buddy pass? I usually travel Southwest and their Ninja-boarding, so dont have the opportunity to mess with first class.
Any help or advise would be great.
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-14-2005, 2:47 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: Need advice from seasoned travelers...

Honestly, I don't think you have much of a chance to upgrade. Without miles to burn or FF Status you would need to pay, and it will be a heck of allot more then $15 I believe. The only chance you have would be get there early and play the Grad angle at check in and hope the agent gives you an Op-up if they have availability. Good Luck
post #3 of 5 Old 08-14-2005, 6:43 AM

Reputation Power: 21

it aint happenin UNLESS you take some sort of red eye flight on an off day. you guys need to kiss some serious ass when you get there and tell them this is the last time you are going to see your sweethearts in vegas because they are moving to iraq to help orphans

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-14-2005, 8:20 AM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba
it aint happenin UNLESS you take some sort of red eye flight on an off day. you guys need to kiss some serious ass when you get there and tell them this is the last time you are going to see your sweethearts in vegas because they are moving to iraq to help orphans
I see you get as many unexpected upgrades as I do... Actually AA has been very good to me but only after I reached Ex Plat, gold or plat didn't seem to even raise an eyebrow at checkin.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-14-2005, 9:33 AM
MSF Ridercoach

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via MSN to Getsome

I used to love getting upgraded alot when I was in the Corps. I would show up to check in and they see the haricut, maybe wearing a USMC shirt or something else gets their attention and they ask if I am in the Marine's. Conversations would start and quite often that ticket ended up coming out with a first class seat number on it. Was refreshing to see some people would do little things like that cause they appreciated military people. But I haven't been on a plane since I got out almost 4 years ago since we have driven to everywhere we have travelled since then so I couldn't tell you if you could use the Grad angle or not.. Good luck.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
[GySgt Daniel J."Dan" Daly, USMC; near Lucy-'le-Bocage as he led the Fifth Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page