WMD Sales Pitch Disproved? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to DCEMotorsports
Re: WMD Sales Pitch Disproved?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Aug9.html

When in doubt, gas it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 11:56 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore. Our senators tried to nail the White House for it, but they seemed to have dropped it entirely. I can only guess that thier interest was to use the situation as a political tool, and that it had nothing to do with holding the President accountable for misleading the US population and the world.
post #3 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 12:04 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Glad you read it none the less. Just information.

When in doubt, gas it
post #5 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
SoCalRider : Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
Thats because the majority of American citizens don't agree with that POV......and the majority still agrees with the Iraq policy.....the polls continue to show it.....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #6 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:22 PM

Reputation Power: 25

I amazes me that nobody seems to care about this. This should be bigger news than the war. The only problem is that it was kind of obvious even as it happened. That disfuses it's status as 'news'. We knew that Bush was pulling this stuff out of his *** as he went along. Bush is just not credible. Never was. I just hope that 40 million of campaign money isn't enough to gloss over all this. But, I am afraid that the voting public only remembers about the last month.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:29 PM

Thanks for posting the link DCE.

22 days until it begins...
post #8 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:35 PM Thread Starter

I agree that the polls reported in the mainstream media show a favorable reading on Dubya (although falling). I just wonder who finances these polls? Alot of the favorable polls I read and hear about are paid for by the American Enterprise Institute (a Republican thinktank). Kinda brings into question how objective the results are.

When in doubt, gas it
post #9 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 35

DCE,

This pollster has a decent reputation for accuracy. www.zogby.com

Bush Job Performance Slips to 53% Positive, 46% Negative; More Voters (47%) Say It's Time for Someone New Than Say He Deserves Re-election; Two-in-Three Say it Makes No Difference if WMDs Are Never Found, According to Newest Zogby America Poll... [ read on ] (7/18/03)

If by being violent you mean Islam prescribes expansion of its rule through warfare and is therefore violent then so be it. - SPDUDE
See you at Grattan June 25-27 2007 !
Email me for info.
post #10 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:43 PM

Quote:
DCEMotorsports : I agree that the polls reported in the mainstream media show a favorable reading on Dubya (although falling). *I just wonder who finances these polls? *Alot of the favorable polls I read and hear about are paid for by the American Enterprise Institute (a Republican thinktank). *Kinda brings into question how objective the results are.
I make my decisions and come to my conclusions regardless of polls. But that's just me.
post #11 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 1:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

There is a reason that none of the 9 intellectual dwarves are talking about it anymore. The only reason any of them said anything to begin with was political. They saw it as a chance to attack Bush's credibility and it only worked for a small minority. Same with El Diablo daschle. Talking about not credible.
In 1998, the hilbilly used these EXACT SAME reasons to lob a few hundred cruise missiles at Iraq. ALL of the dems, including daschle and the 9 dwarves were behind him, stating that the evidence was 100% credible.
Fall of 2002, they all agreed again about the EXACT SAME EVIDENCE but chose to forget it recently.
Just a couple weeks ago, the hilbilly (of all people) defended the Bush administration and stated that it was known fact by multiple countries that these programs and substances existed the day he left office. The same things Bush said, the same quantities Powell noted at the U.N. (he was just using U.N. intel and figures anyway).
I guess Hussein decided that since klinton left and there were no more weapons inspectors in his country, he'd just destroy all the weapons he had amassed and kill all the programs.
Notice which dem is conspicuously missing from the attacks? Hitlary. It's all for political reasons, of course, but she's not saying a word - because she doesn't want it coming back to bite her in the @ss.
Now, of course some of the intel will be less than completely accurate. It always has been and always will be - espescially when the agency goes through a massive gutting of field personnel like what happened in the mid nineties. But I guess that's all Bush's fault, too?
Now, why have they shut up after all the attacks, and are actually backtracking? Because of what has been reported by the unbiased media. There will be a report - some say Sept., some say Dec. - that will detail the bio weapons program that has already been uncovered. They've been concentrating on the bio stuff for now, and will delve into the nuclear stuff next.
It's all for political gain, just like the reason for the Bush admin's holding back the facts until now. Yes, the Bush admin is going to use it for political gain also. It's all a bunch of stupid politico crap. That holds true for both parties at all levels.
Everyone knows everyone's opinion here, so why continue to fish and post BS here? Nothing's going to change. Anything posted is just a pointless fishing expedition. Just wait for the report to come out, then you can make up a new excuse to be against the war.
That's what the rest of the dem party is doing.
post #12 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Baketech : Quote (SoCalRider @ Aug. 12 2003, 10:56am)Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
Thats because the majority of American citizens don't agree with that POV......and the majority still agrees with the Iraq policy.....the polls continue to show it.....
What he said.
post #13 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 3:04 PM

Quote:
ULEWZ : Quote (Baketech @ Aug. 12 2003, 12:58pm)Quote (SoCalRider @ Aug. 12 2003, 10:56am)Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares anymore.
What he said.
If nobody cares -- and the polls support the deed (i.e. WAR) -- that makes it Okay?
post #14 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 3:44 PM Thread Starter

Good points bda. I agree with most of them. Just because Klinton and his congress did similar things as Dubya and his congress - doesn't make it any better or even acceptable.

My biggest beef is the lack of accountability and honesty presented by the US government. I guess if everyone in the polls and all that follow them are willing to just stand by agree with the status quo - we get what we deserve. Were is the moral high ground in deception?

When in doubt, gas it
post #15 of 21 Old 08-12-2003, 3:54 PM

Quote:
SoCalRider : If nobody cares -- and the polls support the deed (i.e. WAR) -- that makes it Okay? *

22 days until it begins...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page