"This Is Your Life" - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39

"This Is Your Life"

I was looking through my PM list on "some other site".... Pay attention to the dates on these things. Ahhh. The memories.

Quote:
stegen
Date Posted: Feb/27/2002 8:17 PM
and no, i am not gay. dork.

Quote:
freq.
Date Posted: Jul/03/2002 2:03 PM
still got that shift lever? by the way, i've been lurking on your site for some time now, just haven't taken the time to become a member. your site is much better but you know that. the posts on this site have really seemed to fall off, at least in the 929 specific areas.

The one from SPEED was posted in another thread, but needs repeating. This is the full list of all PMs between he and I on that site. (And here's the previous mention of it: https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28045)
Quote:
1SPEED1
Date Posted: Dec/21/2001 8:40 AM
I have no problem PM-ing someone, do you? You could have done the same to me!

I guess you are too stuck on yourself to read everything I wrote, but rather you just picked out something you could harp on!

Do you think you are some kind of god?

Seems as though the only things you reply to are negative.

Most of the regulars at your site/forum welcomed me but not the great Conqsoft, nooo, he couldn't be caught being redundant now could he?

You have a nice site/forum, use it as you will, but I ask why do you have to rag on Motorush? Not wise to try to gain by taking someone else down!

I guess you missed the part about how you could have added positively to Motorush but choose to add negatively?

You want me as a member of Fireblades.org or not?

conqsoft
Date Posted: Dec/21/2001 9:13 AM
Huh?

Sorry, I don't welcome every user that comes on-board.... Believe it or not, I do have other duties to attend to.

All users are welcome as long as they aren't annoying/personally attacking other users...

1SPEED1
Date Posted: Jan/11/2002 7:49 PM
Hi conq.

conqsoft
Date Posted: Jan/11/2002 7:56 PM
Hello.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:40 AM Thread Starter

Re: "This Is Your Life"

Found this post by the FIRST member of this site (other than me):

Quote:
SomeStrangeGuy
Monday, May 28, 2001 3:06 AM

Well, I had a really odd day the other day. I woke up and refreshed the screen to NOTHING - ACK! It was kinda odd...and I had to go foraging about for a forum! anyways... I found this and it looks pretty cool, check it out! www.forums.cbr929rr.org A shiny new rr forum and i mean shiny ~chris
post #3 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:46 AM Thread Starter

A new record, even for me?

I bought my 929 at the end of April 2001.

Then:
Quote:
conqsoft
Tuesday, May 29, 2001 9:29 AM

Ok, for some reason I'm considering the unthinkable.

I'm considering trading it in on an 1100XX. My question is as follows:

Honestly, how much worse would the performance in the twisties be? Would I be totally bummed out with this switch?
(No, I didn't edit the Post Time. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:50 AM Thread Starter

Early spool install:
Quote:
conqsoft
Friday, August 10, 2001 11:43 PM

If any of you want spools on your 929, it's easy to do. Took me less than an hour. Get the following part from Lockhart Phillips:

LP Part #213-40 - Description: "THREAD INSERT FRAME KIT"

Then buy some 8mm spools and you're all set.

(Thanks to abtech for pointing me to that LP part!)
post #5 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:53 AM Thread Starter

The ARAI "Scandal":
Quote:
conqsoft
Thursday, December 06, 2001 4:24 PM

In a move to try to eliminate internet dealers of its helmets, Arai has vowed to stop all mail order and internet sales of their helmets. What does this mean for you? This means that if you want an Arai helmet, you will have to visit your dealer and pay full retail price to buy one.

We urge you to contact Arai directly and let them know what you think of this policy. The contact information is as follows:

Roger Weston
Arai Americas
P.O. Box 9485
Daytona Beach, FL 32120
386-441-8500
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

You can also contact John Walter at J&D Walter Distributing, a distributor of Arai helmets. Their phone number is (800)-TRY-ARAI.

Your voice in this matter can make a difference and we urge you to help us fight to keep prices down on Arai helmets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARAI MOVES TO PHASE OUT MAIL ORDER
AND INTERNET SALES OF ITS HELMETS

(Daytona, FL) Arai Helmets Americas, Ltd. has taken a bold, and reportedly long and carefully considered, move to eliminate its helmets made during 9/01 and afterward being sold via mail order and Internet retail outlets. The reason, according to a statement from Roger B. Weston, President of the renowned helmet maker's North and South American operations, is basically a simple one: "to optimize the possibility that each and every Arai customer gets exactly what they are entitled to in terms of fit, size, comfort, noise levels, and the helmet's ability to do its job". In Arai's view, the best way for this to happen is when the specific helmet a rider is buying is fit to that rider's head by someone experienced in sizing and fitting helmets.

A helmet's job isn't just to be a pretty paint carrier, Weston said. "People buy an Arai with a lot of expectations, and we believe those expectations should be met - or exceeded - to the best of our ability. A person's opinion of Arai will be based on their experience with the helmet. If that helmet doesn't fit right, or is too noisy because it's a size or two too large, they will presume it is a fault of manufacture. The simple fact is mail order and Internet operations, by the nature of the way they do business, have less capability to address the individual rider's issues of fit, comfort and noise, among others, and how these factors can affect the helmet's ability to do its job properly."

Another concern is that a new rider, or one buying an Arai for the first time, may not know how the helmet should fit and may therefore accept the first helmet shipped to him, not realizing that another size and/or model might fit better and maximize future satisfaction with the helmet and the brand.

Anyone should be able to easily return a helmet that does not fit, but how do they know it doesn't fit? How loose is too loose? Written Instructions are a good guide, but are best used in consultation with an experienced fitter. It requires a selection of models and sizes, easily to hand, to optimize the fitting process.

A helmet that is too small will be returned because it is obviously too tight, but a helmet that is too large might be kept as it goes on easily and is comfortable at first, However, as the helmet is worn over time and begins to settle in, it may become too loose and noisy, leaving the impression that there are shortcomings in the helmet's desisn rather than that the helmet was to large to begin with.

"We know that some Arai mail-order customers tell us that because they have experience with our helmets, they already know their size and fit. We also know this is not universally true. Products change over the years, they evolve, so what might have worked perfectly a few years ago may not now. We have also learned that head shape is as important as head size in getting the proper helmet. As an example, our advertising and marketing person who's been with us for 17 years always wore a size Large Arai. His head size seemed to measure a perfect Large. But just two years ago, he was re-fitted " and now comfortably wears a Signet Medium. Last year, a well-known moto journalist who's been wearing and writing about Arai helmets for a number of years found that he, too, has been wearing a full size too large. When he was re-fitted he said he was 'amazed' at how quiet the helmet had 'suddenly' become. A helmet that's too large will be noisier. Unfortunately, these issues simply can't be fully addressed in the typical mail order or Internet retail scenario.

We wrestled long and hard internally with this; we looked at different sides of the argument. We knew we might take heat for it. We also felt we were right in what we're doing, that it is the best thing we could do for the person who buys an Arai helmet with a reasonable expectation of receiving all the benefits that were behind their purchase decision in the first place.

"Like most companies in the industry," Weston noted, "Arai's profits are made when its helmets are sold to its' distributors - not to retail dealers or consumers. If you think about it, high-volume mail order and Internet sales could be frosting on the cake for a company. So, this move will not increase Arai's margins and may even sacrifice some sales in the short term for the long term benefit of more satisfied consumers.

"We think there are definitely products that can best be sold via those outlets - which is why our decision is not, in any way, shape or form, an indictment or condemnation of mail order or Internet retailing. We just don't think that helmets - with all of the variables that can alter or affect their performance - are one of those products."

Weston noted the lavish praise heaped on Arai Helmets by the media and riders for their attention to detail, comfort, fit and quality, that Arai has ranked highest in customer satisfaction among helmet companies by J.D, Power And Associates for three years in a row. "Yet I fully expect some of these same people will now question or doubt that our reason for this move is to improve that level of satisfaction even further."

Hand in hand with Arai's decision is another one involving its retail dealer network. "This might not work if we didn't also have a solid plan in place to expand and develop our retail dealer network. We are pinpointing dealers across the country for detailed instructional seminars. We are preparing videos. We are committed to the concept of making every retail motorcycle store that has an Arai logo in the window or our helmets on the shelf THE place to go for proper, individual, one-on-one sizing and fitting of an Arai helmet." {END}
post #6 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:56 AM Thread Starter

Right before Arai's lawyers contacted me....
Quote:
conqsoft
Wednesday, June 19, 2002

We all know that Arai has cut out Internet sales, so, here's the training video they send out to the dealers. (Yes, it's a spoof. Funny as hell too. )

Link (5.5meg WMV)
post #7 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 2:57 AM Thread Starter

The first XX:
Quote:
conqsoft
Saturday, August 17, 2002 12:48 AM

Well, it's been great, but I finally faced up to the 929 not being the right bike for my riding style...

So today:

Pic 1
Pic 2
post #8 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 8:00 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Shouldn't this thread be in the "General" forum?
post #9 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

or the "I'm old and have to look up my memories on the internet" section

j/k good stuff there. Was that post by SSG on another forum? or was it the first one here?

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #10 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

First one on the other site, after the forums here just started.
post #11 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 7:00 PM

Reputation Power: 22

That was from some time ago. I have now gone gay.

Life is Good, Life is Great
post #12 of 18 Old 10-07-2005, 8:19 PM
MSF Ridercoach

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via MSN to Getsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
or the "I'm old and have to look up my memories on the internet" section

Nice one!!!!!

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
[GySgt Daniel J."Dan" Daly, USMC; near Lucy-'le-Bocage as he led the Fifth Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918]
post #13 of 18 Old 10-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
Found this post by the FIRST member of this site (other than me):
I think I pm'd NH about it shortly thereafter or maybe even before?

Cool thread Conq. - who ever knew I'd feel nostalgic from threads, bravo

why put off today what you can wake up late and forget to do tomorrow.

GPS Discussion Forums - Don't ask, know
post #14 of 18 Old 10-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
Early spool install:
Yeah thanks again for posting that, my dealer was really appreciative .

I think Abtechs post-battle here with that crazy guy following my attempted spool mounting experience was pretty memorable too

why put off today what you can wake up late and forget to do tomorrow.

GPS Discussion Forums - Don't ask, know
post #15 of 18 Old 10-08-2005, 3:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I think I have to say the 2 biggest events that have ever happened on this board happened before I even joined. But they've been refered to so many times most of us know of them. what am I refering to you ask. well none other than "we have movement at 11k" and Stegen's shaved ass.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page