Toblerone etc. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 3:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: Toblerone etc.

OK, so rather than going way OT on the other thread, I figured I'd start one here.

Toblerone as we know it has been around since 1908, while the guy responsible for it has been making chocolate since before 1867 (&#33. According to their historical blurbs, they even employed Einstein for a time (not to be confused with Mr. 11K, Einstegen). Anyways, it's some of the best mass-produced chocolate in the world IMPO (in my professional opinion ). It's a shame that it's not easy to find here in the US, and that it costs at least 2-3X as much as it does in Euroland.

http://www.toblerone.com/

Since this is a chocolate thread, I'd like to add some other favorites: Rocher, Nutella, Mon Cheri, and the many Ritter Sport and Lindt chocolates. Not a complete list, but some I haven't had in so long they're barely a memory.

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 4:05 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to RacerCutie

I used to have Nutella in my summers at grandma's farm in the former Yugoslavia. She'd make homemade bread, all toasty and spread that stuff on. Yummy!!

Cadbury Milk chocolate from Switzerland (not US Cadbury - which is actually Hershey's BTW&#33 is soo good! Is soo smooth with that hint of vanilla. Can't find it here, but when a coworker heads there on business, thay always bring back the most kick-ass chocolates, especially Cadbury.
post #3 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 4:19 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to thebackdraft

I'm a sucker for some good chocolate. So thanks to Zeeman and y'all two I'm now on a mission to find this Toblerone, which I don't think I have heard of before. So thanks y'all three.

BTW now y'all have me sitting here munching on Ghirardelli, which is pretty damn good.

I am a road warrior on the information superhighway. A ninja assassin in the rat race of life. A restless love machine doomed to bless the feminine hordes with the physical rapture that is me.

Regards,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 4:24 PM

Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

I don't know if it's native to Finland, though

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Post-blade
post #5 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 4:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
BizJetGuy : Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

'Father' chocolate? Never heard of it

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #6 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:15 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Quote:
RacerCutie : I used to have Nutella in my summers at grandma's farm in the former Yugoslavia. She'd make homemade bread, all toasty and spread that stuff on. Yummy!!
Which country?

Ride Red
post #7 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:17 PM

Reputation Power: 27

A hard to find but very good (posibly the best American) chocolate is Nestlie's Red wraper chocolate (not chunch).

Ride Red
post #8 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:20 PM

Quote:
2OHOH2954 : Quote (BizJetGuy @ Aug. 14 2003, 4:24pm)Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

'Father' chocolate? Never heard of it

This is it: Fazer

From Helsinki

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Post-blade
post #9 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to thebackdraft

According to Toblerone website the duty free shop at the airport is the best place to find it. I guess I'll have to visit IAH.

I am a road warrior on the information superhighway. A ninja assassin in the rat race of life. A restless love machine doomed to bless the feminine hordes with the physical rapture that is me.

Regards,
Chris
post #10 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to RacerCutie

Quote:
nedro : Quote (RacerCutie @ Aug. 14 2003, 1:05pm)I used to have Nutella in my summers at grandma's farm in the former Yugoslavia. She'd make homemade bread, all toasty and spread that stuff on. Yummy!!
Which country?
Croatia. Stubicka Toplica is the town, near Zagreb.
Her address was something like:
'The second house East of the church, next the big oak tree'
post #11 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 5:53 PM

Quote:
BizJetGuy : Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

That 'Fazer' stuff is native to Finland and its history also dates quite far back, to 1891. Quite good stuff, not as sweet as Toblerone though. It is also exported in certain quantities(not as much as Finlandia Vodka though ) so at least those of you who travel to europe have a chance to pick it up from some airports etc.

This goes a little off-topic, but those of you with Finnish friends need to ask for 'Salmiakki' next time your friends come over. Thats a local specialty candy that you really need to try.

To boldly crash where no man has crashed before
post #12 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 6:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
tnarinen : Quote (BizJetGuy @ Aug. 14 2003, 4:24pm)Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

That 'Fazer' stuff is native to Finland and its history also dates quite far back, to 1891. Quite good stuff, not as sweet as Toblerone though. It is also exported in certain quantities(not as much as Finlandia Vodka though ) so at least those of you who travel to europe have a chance to pick it up from some airports etc.

This goes a little off-topic, but those of you with Finnish friends need to ask for 'Salmiakki' next time your friends come over. Thats a local specialty candy that you really need to try.
Since you're our Official Finnish Friend, how about doing some of that exporting you mentioned?

post #13 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 6:19 PM

Quote:
2OHOH2954 : Quote (tnarinen @ Aug. 14 2003, 5:53pm)Quote (BizJetGuy @ Aug. 14 2003, 4:24pm)Our friends from Finland always bring 'Fazer' chocolate when they come back from across the pond. *Good stuff

Since you're our Official Finnish Friend, how about doing some of that exporting you mentioned?

Damn, you caught me,

Here's the . Next time you set up a Fireblades track day, you set me up a borrow-ride (I doesn't even need to be a blade; a HRC tuned 600 rr will do just fine, thank you for asking) there and I'll use some of my frequent flyer miles to bring you all the Finnish chocolade and 'Salmiakki' (and even some Vodka) you can eat/drink. Where do I put my signature? *

To boldly crash where no man has crashed before
post #14 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 6:27 PM

Reputation Power: 32

My wife and I are both chocolate freaks (and she's been a pastry chef for many years).

Our favorites:
Valrhona
Callebaut
and especially...
Scharffen-Berger

The darker the better, IMO!
post #15 of 113 Old 08-14-2003, 6:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
tnarinen : Damn, you caught me,

Here's the . Next time you set up a Fireblades track day, you set me up a borrow-ride (I doesn't even need to be a blade; a HRC tuned 600 rr will do just fine, thank you for asking) there and I'll use some of my frequent flyer miles to bring you all the Finnish chocolade and 'Salmiakki' (and even some Vodka) you can eat/drink. Where do I put my signature? *
Hmm, ok, just bring some Finnish/Swedish chicas along... wouldn't want to drink or eat all that chocolate alone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page