My boss is an a hole and I think I found a way to get him terminated. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

My boss is an a hole and I think I found a way to get him terminated.

Or file a class action suite against him for $700,000 as per california state law.

To make a long story short. I work in hell. The devils lacky that interviewed me left out a lot of details about how bad the place was. To make a long story short, there having problems and I want out. I'm in lower management and in a meeting while Satan was running at the mouth, He said if anyone wants to quit he'll slam us with anyone that calls for a referance say we aren't fit to work in the industry, and that goes for EVERYONE we supervise. Approx 28 people total.

Here's a little thing someone sent me today concerning that laws in california.

California is an "At Will Employment". You have the Right to leave your place of Employment "At Will", of course, they do recommend that you be polite and give notice, etc...but bottom line, you cannot be Forced, Coerced, or Threatened from exercising that right.

To point you in the right direction, look at the DFEH - Department of Fair Employment and Housing.

Here is an Excerpt from Unruh/Ralph Act:

"52.1. Civil actions for protection of rights; damages, injunctive and other
equitable relief; violations of orders [BANE ACT]
(a) If a person or persons, whether or not acting under color of law, interferes by
threats, intimidation, or coercion, or attempts to interfere by threats, intimidation, or coercion, with the exercise or enjoyment by any individual or individuals of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or of the rights secured by the Constitution or laws of this state, the Attorney General, or any district attorney or city attorney may bring a civil action for injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief in the name of the people of the State of California, in order to protect the peaceable exercise or enjoyment of the right or rights secured. An action brought by the Attorney General, any district attorney, or
any city attorney may also seek a civil penalty of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000). If this civil penalty is requested, it shall be assessed individually against each person who is determined to have violated this section and the penalty shall be awarded to each individual whose rights under this section are determined to have been violated.

(b) Any individual whose exercise or enjoyment of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of this state, has been interfered with, or attempted to be interfered with, as described in subdivision (a), may institute and prosecute in his or her own name and on his or her own behalf a civil action for damages, including, but not limited to, damages under Section 52, injunctive relief, and other appropriate equitable relief to protect the peaceable exercise or enjoyment of the right or rights secured."

So anyways, any laywers here that think it can be done. I'm not looking for money. I'm (and a few coworkers) are looking for the boss's termination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:59 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: My boss is an a hole and I think I found a way to get him terminated.

What industry are you in? And it is illegal for employers to give personal commentary about a former employee. Employers can say very little about a former employee so if you do quit and he does talk badly about you then yes you have a case but you have to prove he was the one who did something illegal. If you can find a job easily enough, just quit already. Life is too short to put up with crap for any length of time.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 4:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaim
What industry are you in? And it is illegal for employers to give personal commentary about a former employee. Employers can say very little about a former employee so if you do quit and he does talk badly about you then yes you have a case but you have to prove he was the one who did something illegal. If you can find a job easily enough, just quit already. Life is too short to put up with crap for any length of time.
Auto dealer service department. He threatened the complete department if anyone quits. Its illegal to threaten, read the above. I can prove he did something illegal. I have a room ful of people and some are willing to talk to an attorney.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 10:00 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

So leave or discuss him with the owner (or his boss). If he carries out the threat you have a case but he won't.

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 11:27 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

since you already have the support of other cooworkers, try putting a copy of those laws on his desk when he's not around. Wait a day or 2 to see if he brings it up to anyone (he could get pissed so leave it anonymously).

I also agree with Sheep, bring it to the attention of the owner. If you do quit put down someone thats higher than that guy as a reference, GM of the entire dealership (if thats not him) on your new application/resume. There are plenty of dealerships out there that would probably hire you or any of your cooworkers. Remember most dealerships know a little about the other places in the area, maybe the other places have heard about the guy.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

If I went to my Principal to try and get my boss fired, he would have me removed from the property. Employer references are pretty much limited to "would you hire this person again, yes/no". He can't say ****. Plus, the car business is a pretty tight industry... if he is as bad as you say, he is probably reviled among his peers at other stores.

You are a shop foreman or assistant service manager? You are extremely employable. Quit.

And then there's this asshole...
post #7 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:20 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Isn't this pretty serious business to be discussing in a public online forum...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #8 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:23 PM

Yeah, if you are serious about this send a mod a PM and get this thread deleted. You do not want to publicly disclose things you might be suing over.

AND, lawsuits are long, time consuming and stressful. I'd estimate it would take 2 years for anything to happen if it ended up in court.

I second Phobe's recommendation. Quit.

post #9 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:26 PM

If you're worried about being blacklisted in the industry, wait and see what happens when you sue your boss.

post #10 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You are FAR better off quitting. If he does follow through and tell any future employers anything other than "yes, he worked here", you have a slam dunk libel case. Well, at least here you do, but Utah is at will as well, so I'd bet the libel case would be the same.
The difference would be if that happens the dealership would want to settle ASAP. Besides, in the car world don't competitors pretty much not care what each other have to say, and would be happy to take good employees from each other?

Oh, and I agree with getting this thread off the internet.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
... Besides, in the car world don't competitors pretty much not care what each other have to say, and would be happy to take good employees from each other?....
BIG TIME! THe headhunting in the dealership world is staggering.

post #12 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
BIG TIME! THe headhunting in the dealership world is staggering.
Which is funny, because almost all good wrenches don't work at dealerships.

post #13 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
Which is funny, because almost all good wrenches don't work at dealerships.
Who would want to! I can't blame them.

THe headhunting that we're experiencing right now is with mid-level managers and admin staff. Our ENTIRE admin office (save the controller) has turned over in the last month. AP, AR, Office manager, deal processing, warranty clerks, all of them.

post #14 of 14 Old 10-29-2005, 1:37 PM

Reputation Power: 33

Being an employer for many years, If one of your future potential employers call and he spills the beans and causes you to not get the job he can be liable for your future loss of income. I do not agree with this guy's management skills, or the lack of. Intimidation should not be used it just shows his inability to run an operation. One other thought, if you can get the other employees to do it. The employees under his supervision should refuse to work for him, the GM/ CEO can replace 1 person easier than 30.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page