Patriots vs. Colts - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 11-07-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Send a message via AIM to MrX954 Send a message via Yahoo to MrX954
Patriots vs. Colts

Who's going to win it?

As much of a hometown Patriots fan I am, I am going to say this is going to be the night Manning finally gets his first victory in Foxboro The injuries the Patriots have suffered is just killing them, plus with our one hit wonder running back Brady is forced to throw too often as he was prior to last year.

X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-07-2005, 1:28 PM

Re: Patriots vs. Colts

I think it'll still be a tough game with the Colts pulling it out. I'm not a huge fan of either team, but I have to respect the Patriot's playing even with all the injuries. I don't think it'll be a blow out, but the Colts will finally get that monkey off their back.

And as I type this, Belichek has probably designed some crazy defense to confuse Manning. I hope for a good game.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-07-2005, 4:09 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I think Bruschi came back last week so he's prepared to call the defensive plays this week to stop Manning.

should be an awesome game with with how Indy's defense is playing this year I don't think the Pats are gonna be able to pull off the win. This year is just looking too damn hard for the Pats.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 11-07-2005, 4:47 PM

Reputation Power: 33

I'm for anybody that is playing against the Colts.

Gooooo Insert team name here

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #5 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 7:50 AM

Wow, that was a fun game to watch. Those are two outstanding football teams (even with all the Patriots' injuries).

Manning versus Brady, doesn't get much better. Both sides took some unusual chances on 4th down. I say unusual because against other teams, I don't think either coach would have taken those chances. Great offensive plays, good defensive plays, now those are two quality teams.

I wish I had a team (to cheer for) like either one of those. Oh well, go Trent Dilfer. Why? Why? Why?
post #6 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 8:23 AM

That game sucked It sucked as a Pats fan.

I'm a huge fan of the Pats and former season ticket holder but I'm not making any plans to travel to Detroit in late January. The secondary sucks, most of those guys wouldn't start on allot of teams. By halftime I was hoping they would bring Troy Brown out of his defensive retirement... Peyton was doing whatever he wanted in there, the corners were outmatched and I didn't see the safeties helping much.

Unless they do something drastic on defense they won't win a playoff game.

On another note have you looked at the Colts cake walk of a schedule They have a real chance to run the table, the only really big games I see left are Pitt, San Diego at home and Seattle on the road (with a minor big game vs the Bengels).
post #7 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 8:24 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ

Even though I'm a diehard Pats fan I knew it would be a tough one for them. Manning played a great game and everything just went the right way for him. No excuses, the Colts just played a better game last night.

Dan
post #8 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 8:35 AM

Reputation Power: 21

Send a message via AIM to colryn

Brady and Manning are examples of how an NFL quarterback should be measured. Sorry Michael Vick fans. Vic is fun to watch but when it comes to winning big games and "championships", pocket passers are the best.

Also, Tony Dungy rocks. I would love to see him win a championship. He is all class. The Bucs organization did him wrong.
post #9 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 AM
TAZ

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to TAZ Send a message via MSN to TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRider
On another note have you looked at the Colts cake walk of a schedule They have a real chance to run the table, the only really big games I see left are Pitt, San Diego at home and Seattle on the road (with a minor big game vs the Bengels).
Prediction...
Indianapolis Colts, 2005 season
15-1, Super Bowl Champions

Only way I see that as incorrect (assuming they aren't hampered by injuries) is if they manage to beat both Pittsburgh AND Cincy, in which case they'll go 16-0. San Diego and Seattle are pretenders. I'd also like to say that it does not matter who the NFC sends up to the SB; the Colts would crush them. (As would Pittsburgh...)

I'm not particularly a Colts fan, but they are fun to watch...quite impressive. I didn't understand the hype about last night's game; their win was a foregone conclusion (all four ESPN pre-game hosts picked Indy, for example). The Patriots have taken a couple big steps backward. Right now, they're are no better than the Eagles.
post #10 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ
I didn't understand the hype about last night's game; their win was a foregone conclusion (all four ESPN pre-game hosts picked Indy, for example).
Are those the same hosts that all picked the "unstoppable" Colts to win the last (4) games against the Patriots? That's why there was hype. Although the Patriots are hurting, it wouldn't have been a complete shock if they would have won by frustarting Manning like in the past.

Cinnci and the Steelers are showing signs of weakness during this middle part of the season. They're struggling against some very weak teams, ie., Green Bay. If Brett F-A-R-V-A-R-A (my Ben Stiller - Something About Mary impression) doesn't give his normal defensive gift fumble, the Packers were close enough to upset the Steelers.

I'm leaning towards maybe the first team since the Dolphins to go undefeated. They are one of the best disciplined teams out there and have all three phases clicking, plus like mentioned, a winnable schedule.
post #11 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 1:04 PM
TAZ

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to TAZ Send a message via MSN to TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
Are those the same hosts that all picked the "unstoppable" Colts to win the last (4) games against the Patriots? That's why there was hype. Although the Patriots are hurting, it wouldn't have been a complete shock if they would have won by frustarting Manning like in the past.
I'm guessing that no one picked the Colts to win at NE last January - or certainly not ALL FOUR analysts on any given show. That the Colts seemed the easy pick this week, you have to acknowledge they've improved while the Patriots have declined.
post #12 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ
Right now, they're are no better than the Eagles.
I was with you right up until here mate, but where are the Eagles in the weak ass NFC? LAST Place in a loser division...

And where are the Pats in a loser division? They have fallen from grace but compare them to the Eagles that's laughable. Get a QB before you make those comparisons [IMG]images/smilies/rotfl.gif[/IMG][IMG]images/smilies/rotfl.gif[/IMG][IMG]images/smilies/rotfl.gif[/IMG]
post #13 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 1:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

It would be fun to see the Colts go undefeated, just to see another record fall. I'm not a Colts fan, but I enjoy watching a good offense do their thing.
Much like USC. Not really a fan, but watching their team when they are "on" is truly exciting to see.
Anyway, I don't know that the Colts will do it. Their defense just looks too suspect. The offense can more than likely outscore any opponent, but the defense needs to do a better job of shutting teams down.
Who do I think will be the one to beat them? Don't know, but I still think it will happen. The defense will overlook someone and allow some big points from someone before the regular season is over.
But with homefield advantage through the AFC, they should win the title and with the Superbowl indoors again they'll have a good shot there against whatever NFC team goes.
Redskins, Seahawks, Giants, Panthers, Falcons? Who knows.
post #14 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 2:56 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Redskins, Seahawks, Giants, Panthers, Falcons? Who knows.
Giants vs. Colts in the Super Bowl would be interesting. It would have to be the first time that brothers started at QB for each team, wouldn't it?

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #15 of 18 Old 11-08-2005, 4:42 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Send a message via AIM to colryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
It would be fun to see the Colts go undefeated, just to see another record fall. I'm not a Colts fan, but I enjoy watching a good offense do their thing.
I would love to see the Dolphins record fall. Living in the state of Florida, all hear are comments about the Dolphins are so great and they are the only franchise that has gone undefeated. I must remind them that was over 30 years ago. What have they done since then. Nothing. They went to one superbowl and got their ass kicked by Washington.

I'm for the Colts to go to the superbowl.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page