Tigerdirect.com - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Tigerdirect.com

I just bought a clearanced graphics card and a 512MB stick of memory for $75 out of pocket (grand total after a $15 rebate on the card). Assuming customer service and shipping are solid, this place has my business for good.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9550&CatId=933

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1558766&CatId=842

Anyone else deal with these guys? I found 'em via a link to PC World.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:02 AM

Re: Tigerdirect.com

i've bought a lot of stuff from Tiger Direct. I use them and Newegg a lot. They are very good to do business with. Luckily, I have not had to return anything, so I cannot comment on that side of it, but they are a good company to order from. They have some really screamin' deals at times and I've never had any problems. Good find.
post #3 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:03 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

I have and they were OK. Having a hard time remembering what it was I got though

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:20 AM

Have bought all my computer and peripherals, to include my wife's 8.2MP Canon Eos, from them for the last two years. Had one incident when I was in Germany where my browser locked up so I didn't think my order went through. Next day I reordered the same equipment. They called me about 15 minutes after the second order to confirm whether or I really wanted to order everything twice.

Their ship times are awesome too. Even if you think 5 days is too long to ship something, you'll still be satisfied.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:23 AM

I've bought 3 computers, some graphics cards, sound cards, cables, monitors, usb memory sticks, hell just about everything except a printer from them I guess over the years. Always real fast shipping and if you have a warranty issue they deal with that well too. Am planning on buying another monitor from them this week since mine took a **** and I had to steal my sons to use on my computer till mine is replaced....
post #6 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a Tigerdirect store about 5 miles from my house.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 11:56 AM

Good reference Chain, thanks.

Just wish I had known about this before I splurged on my cam/dvr and all-in-one printer recently.

oh well...
post #8 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yep Tiger and Newegg are both awesome to deal with and quite inexspensive.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 12:47 PM

Yup...bought my DLP tv from them a few months ago
post #10 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 1:07 PM

Reputation Power: 22

amazed. A friend bought one of their PCs and it was a total lemon. everything kept going out on it and they wouldnt cover anything and he said the CS kept giving him the run around and not helping at all.

Life is Good, Life is Great
post #11 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridered
I use them and Newegg a lot..
Neat Place..
post #12 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 2:53 PM Thread Starter

Statistically speaking, nothing but positive reviews! Sweet!

Conq, that must be nice to actually have the store in your hometown, nice!

post #13 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 5:33 PM

Ive used them often about 3 yrs ago, but they started to ship the wrong parts (even though the correct part was on the invoice) and hassled me about return shipping fees and express shipping on the correct part.
I almost pulled a Better BB incident on them like I did Performance Machine, but they ended up shipping the correct mobo free (was only like $62 I think)
Newegg, Monarch Computers and ZipZoomFly I use often now.
post #14 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 5:41 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Been buying stuff from them for years. Always great customer service (returned a laptop). If I buy from a catalog, I usually buy from them.

Andy
post #15 of 16 Old 11-19-2005, 6:35 PM

OK, I guess I'm the only one with problems from this company. I ordered a notebook from them (because they alledgedly had it in stock). I payed for 1st overnight shipping (anxious client) and they didn't process the order until the following day (even though I had a tracking number, it never went out until 2 days after I had been assured it had shipped).

Next day my client is sitting in my office at 10:30 (the cutoff time for FedEx 1st overnight). When 11:00 AM rolls around I call them and they tell me they will track it for me, even though the last update I have from FedEx is that they haven't picked up the shipment from them yet). They don't call and by noon, the client decides to leave as he doesn't want to blow the entire day. I call them again and the person I have been dealing with is gone for the rest of the day, so I begin again . . .

They assure me they will "personally" make certain it is handled and I will definitely have it the following day.

Long story short, it didn't ship until the next day (now 2 full days past their original commitment). I finally get A notebook on the third day after the order and guess what: it isn't the one I ordered. I call and the person who handled the "personally" part of the order is gone to a training seminar so I have to explain the entire situation to a third person who finally tells me they don't have the unit I ordered in stock and won't have it for 2 weeks.

I call the client and he blows off the order. I call Tiger direct and they tell me they can ship another "similar" unit if I give them my credit card number again. I tell then I will return the "wrong" unit and they can credit my account immediately. They tell me that isn't their policy, so I will now have to wait 10 days for the credit.

I call them in 10 days (and I have tracking info from FedEx showing that they received the unit the day after I spoke to the last person) and they claim they don't have it yet. I ask to speak to a manager and the original person I ordered the notebook from gets on the phone and introduces themself as the CSR manager. I run down the entire story and they say they will look into it and get back to me within 30 minutes. Two hours later I call and ask to speak to this person again and am told they are "in a meeting". I ask to speak to a senior manager and am told they are all in Las Vegas for a trade show. I ask to speak to someone in customer service and am transferred to a generic voice mailbox where I now explain the entire situation again.

I don't get any callback from anyone that day, so I call them again first thing the following morning and get the CSR manager who tells me I have a "bad attitude" and puts me on hold for 5 minutes at which point my call is disconnected. I call back and he is nowhere to be found.

I called American Express and within 2 minutes had the charge removed from my card. Two weeks later, I get a call from someone in Tiger Direct's collection department threatening me with charges of fraud. I give them my attorney's phone number and hang up.

I no longer deal with this company . . .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page