Important Fireblades.org Announcement - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Ahem. I'm no longer subscribed to any Fireblades forums dedicated to bikes. I will, however, let you know that I'll be haunting Politics, Gaming, Off-Topic, Sports, Cars/Trucks, Internet/Technology/Computers, Guns/Ammo, Movies and Po-Po forums. Two wheeled, motorized conveyance is nowhere in my immediate future, but I'm hamstrung by an acute liking for you sonsabitches and will therefore stick around.

So anyway... anyone else hang Christmas lights yet this year? Plans to? I just came down off the roof and am on my second celebratory Shiner Bock in a frosted glass... might not sound like a big deal, but I dislike heights (read: irrational fear of virtually any elevation above a few feet off the ground) and our roof is purdy facking high.
Chain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:14 PM
 
Tornado bait's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-05-2001
Location: Nantuckit
Age: 55
Posts: 1,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26
             
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

You should buy a bike so you could decorate it.

I do all my own stunts.
Tornado bait is offline  
post #3 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado bait
You should buy a bike so you could decorate it.
I've done that about 14 times in the last five years. Look where it got me.
Chain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:16 PM
 
HondaGalToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 6,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
             
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

I don't hang outdoor lights. However, I added to my collection of the vintage tin christmas tree light reflectors and now have enough to be able to put one on every light on the tree.
HondaGalToo is offline  
post #5 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
I don't hang outdoor lights. However, I added to my collection of the vintage tin christmas tree light reflectors and now have enough to be able to put one on every light on the tree.
Chain is offline  
post #6 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:19 PM
 
Join Date: 02-05-2005
Posts: 2,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
I've done that about 14 times in the last five years. Look where it got me.
Until a few months ago it was getting you down the road on two wheels until you went and sold the last one without replacing it... I do understand why though. Well, no I don't cause I woudn't have done it but different things in life affect people in different ways so I get it sort of.

You'll be back on two wheels eventually....
Getsome is offline  
post #7 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:23 PM
Administrator
 
Red Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-23-2001
Location: Motor City, Michigan
Age: 60
Posts: 8,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47
                     
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Christmas lights up already? I'm not even ready yet for Thanksgiving...Glad to hear you'll be sticking around Chainster!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."




Red Rider is offline  
post #8 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome
Until a few months ago it was getting you down the road on two wheels until you went and sold the last one without replacing it... I do understand why though. Well, no I don't cause I woudn't have done it but different things in life affect people in different ways so I get it sort of.

You'll be back on two wheels eventually....
Perhaps.

Yes, I sometimes miss riding, y'know, on those perfect late summer days when the temp is just right, there are no bugs out, no gravel left on the roads from springtime, no humidity, etc. Overall, however, I know in my heart that it's the right thing (that I don't ride) for financial and other reasons...at least for another 18 months or so.

Besides, I think when I'm done w/my Ram I'm gonna go get me a cool cage, maybe a Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes or BMW. Of course, all I'll be able to afford in either marque will be entry level stuff, but still, a cool, sophisticated sports sedan is my next vehicle.
Chain is offline  
post #9 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
Christmas lights up already? I'm not even ready yet for Thanksgiving... Glad to hear you'll be sticking around Chainster!
Thanks Red! What would the board be w/o you and I around to post, er, repost a bunch of **** folks have already seen?

Well, at least I can post one thing nobody's already posted yet...a pic of my work. Me humble abode, freshly adorned with Christmas lights.

Last edited by Chain; 05-07-2006 at 9:45 AM.
Chain is offline  
post #10 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:33 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
Christmas lights up already? I'm not even ready yet for Thanksgiving...Glad to hear you'll be sticking around Chainster!
+1

seriously when did people and especially stores decide that Christmas is like a month after Halloween. Just because they can't really make much money off it doesn't mean they should just skip right over it. Hell we should celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas anyway. Thanksgiving isn't really limited to a certain group of people.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #11 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:34 PM
Administrator
 
Red Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-23-2001
Location: Motor City, Michigan
Age: 60
Posts: 8,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47
                     
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
Well, at least I can post one thing nobody's already posted yet...a pic of my work. Me humble abode, freshly adorned with Christmas lights.
Very nice! But...you've got a looong ways to go.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/396607-post1.html

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."




Red Rider is offline  
post #12 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:35 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
Thanks Red! What would the board be w/o you and I around to post, er, repost a bunch of **** folks have already seen?

Well, at least I can post one thing nobody's already posted yet...a pic of my work. Me humble abode, freshly adorned with Christmas lights.
nice looking house. Now get back up there and finish up, they need to go up the left side and across the top.

I like the big garage, there's plenty of room to get bike in and out even with a car in there

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #13 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:38 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
+1

seriously when did people and especially stores decide that Christmas is like a month after Halloween. Just because they can't really make much money off it doesn't mean they should just skip right over it. Hell we should celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas anyway. Thanksgiving isn't really limited to a certain group of people.
I should clarify...the only reason I put them up today is because the weather cooperated. I took the pic after making sure the lights were working, but I won't turn them on for good until after T-Day.
Chain is offline  
post #14 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:39 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
Very nice! But...you've got a looong ways to go.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/396607-post1.html
I saw that. Pretty amazing. I have neither the money nor the electrical KSA's to do something on that level.
Chain is offline  
post #15 of 47 Old 11-21-2005, 7:40 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-08-2003
Posts: 8,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: Important Fireblades.org Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
nice looking house. Now get back up there and finish up, they need to go up the left side and across the top.

I like the big garage, there's plenty of room to get bike in and out even with a car in there
Thanks. But for bikes, I could live in a house three times this size.

As for the lights, um, yeah, I'm kinda thinking about running a couple more strands up there or unscrewing the bulbs off that little leg on the left.

Chain is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Fireblades.org Rockhead Honda FireBlade 22 04-27-2009 4:59 PM
FireBlades.org T-Shirts ConqSoft News / Announcements 190 06-29-2006 3:19 PM
FireBlades.org Business Cards ConqSoft News / Announcements 1 10-17-2005 11:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome