probably should have died tonight :-( (pics added) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 1:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to stopsign Send a message via Yahoo to stopsign
probably should have died tonight :-( (pics added)

well guys i am happy to be reporting i am here....

i was on my way home from a friends house tonight around 1030 on a backroad, not speeding, not drinking, etc... when i rounded a corner and saw a few deer in the middle of the road, cut the wheel i guess a bit too hard and im not sure exactly what happened but i rolled my saab what i remember definitely once but the cops say at least twice and landed it in the middle of the road on its passenger side... i tried to openthe driver door but it was jammed so i kicked out the windshield and passed around aimlessly looking for my cell phone in the car, 2 cars proceeded to pass by while i was standing by my tipped, smashed car waving my arms and totally blow me off, how ****ing nice, the third car, a little old lady picked up my bleeding body and drove me to my parents house a few miles down the road when i proceeded to call the cops and head back up with my mother.... the cops, etc were on scene when wegot there and proceeded to give me a field sobriety test (passed 100%, not a question) and then yelled at me for leaving the scene, i was inthe middle of no where... anyway when i looked at the car its a wonder i lived, the entire roof was caved in to the seats and every panel on the car was smashed, i was doing about 45 at the time of the incident... no seatbelt (my stupid) but i walked away literally with a few cuts on my hands from digging for my cell phone... that was all, not a speck more... i thank god or who ever for granting me this chance, i will post pics tomorrow when i get back to the car... thank you god, thats all i have to say, my daughter still has daddy for the holidays........ other then that im speechless....

I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!'

Last edited by stopsign; 12-06-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 2:00 AM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe
Re: probably should have died tonight :-( (pics added)

That sounds like a real saab story.

I am

Good thing you're ok.

And then there's this asshole...
post #3 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 2:17 AM

Reputation Power: 26

Holy schnikies! Glad you are ok.

I do all my own stunts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 2:55 AM

Reputation Power: 45

Man.

You ought to consider getting checked out. Be real careful about that.

Glad you're still with us. AND WEAR YOUR ****ING SEATBELT!

In college my thermodynamics teacher was t-boned and his little shitbox did a full roll. The cops came did the report, and my teacher got a ride to school with the guy that hit him.

He opened class by casually mentioning, "If I start talking funny or slurring, please call me a doctor" and proceeded to teach class, bleeding and battered.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
post #5 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 4:14 AM

Reputation Power: 16

I had a similar incident a couple years ago when I was hit head-on at 60+mph by an intoxicated driver so I know exacly how you feel. . Glad you are still here to talk about it. And like luvtolean said, wear your seat belt! No matter how long of a drive you have!
post #6 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 5:45 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Deer

Coming home late Saturday night during a decent snowfall I come up to 2 deer standing by the road. As I get within like 30 feet they both take off....I tapped my brakes to slow....my car went sideways as I slid between the two of them trying to cross the road missing either deer by inches.

Glad you're ok buddy
post #7 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 7:32 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to gthotchkiss

Man, really glad to hear your okay, sounds scary as hell...

Do they think your car is totaled?
post #8 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:10 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Wow, sorry to hear, but glad you're here to tell us about it.
post #9 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthotchkiss
Do they think your car is totaled?
i would imagine so but thats the least of my worries.... im glad im ok and still here for my daughter... i get teared up thinking of what could have been... i am heading up in about an hour to check out the car and remove my personal effects from it... i will post some pics this afternoon.

I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!'
post #10 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

I'm glad you're fine, but just hit the fukking deer next time. More damage is caused by people swerving to miss the animals than actually hitting them.
Besides, it's not like hitting the deer there will do much to your car.
I have hit two mule deer now. I lost my '94 Toyota truck to one, and the second I hit just below the deer's ass with my left headlight in an Accord. Took out the front end, bumper and driver's door, but the insurance company didn't total that car.
Just not worth swerving.
post #11 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:17 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to gthotchkiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopsign
i would imagine so but thats the least of my worries.... im glad im ok and still here for my daughter... i get teared up thinking of what could have been... i am heading up in about an hour to check out the car and remove my personal effects from it... i will post some pics this afternoon.
Yeah, its definately the least of your worries, we're all glad that your still here for your daughter
post #12 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
I'm glad you're fine, but just hit the fukking deer next time. More damage is caused by people swerving to miss the animals than actually hitting them.
Besides, it's not like hitting the deer there will do much to your car.
I have hit two mule deer now. I lost my '94 Toyota truck to one, and the second I hit just below the deer's ass with my left headlight in an Accord. Took out the front end, bumper and driver's door, but the insurance company didn't total that car.
Just not worth swerving.

ya know ive played out the accident over and over in my head and i dont know why i swerved and i really dont think i did it too hard, im sure the road conditions werent so hot so i dont know if i hit ice or what but i do remember the back end coming around a little bit and then it just started into a roll, i think pulling the wheel a little was more a reflex move rather then a calculated one... none the less what happened happened but im ok... i can deal with the rest later.

post #13 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:37 AM

Reputation Power: 21

glad you are ok,

now next time hit the freakin deer. the result will be better - wrecked car AND some meat to eat.

"sorry I'm late, I had to stop by the wax museum and give the finger to FDR again" - Cotton Hill
post #14 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 8:39 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

you are OK

OK time to get flamed but the only way you could roll a car is hit something, loose a rim, or leave the road (you did the last based on your description) With the center of gravity of a car it will not roll before the tires release. So like BDA says try to stop if that fails pick with what part of the car you want to cream Bambi.

I go back and forth to Lynchburg TN a lot and in the evening the Deer are everwhere, got the Vibe cocked just the other night (but never left my line).

As far as the police I understand their concern (is this someone avoiding an arrest, did someone get thrown and we need to find them) However to expect someone to stay and wait while bleeding in the cold

Must obey the sheep dog
post #15 of 36 Old 12-06-2005, 9:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopsign
ya know ive played out the accident over and over in my head and i dont know why i swerved and i really dont think i did it too hard, im sure the road conditions werent so hot so i dont know if i hit ice or what but i do remember the back end coming around a little bit and then it just started into a roll, i think pulling the wheel a little was more a reflex move rather then a calculated one... none the less what happened happened but im ok... i can deal with the rest later.
Not blaming you, like I said I'm glad you're alright.
I've just known too many people that have swerved and caused more problems than had they just hit the deer. One guy I went to school with ended up in the hospital for a few weeks due to his swerving.
I think it's instinct taking over making us want to swerve to miss the deer, but it should really be taught to drivers to fight that instinct and plow the deer.
Like Bubba said, there's the fresh meat bonus too. It is against the law here to do so, but I know it happens that people either pick up their fresh kill or call someone to do so.
The deer I took out with my Accord just ended up breaking the hind legs and hip, and it tried to run but couldn't. It sat there on the edge of the road whining (yes, deer make a high pitched whining sound) until the Sheriff showed up to make sure all was O.K. and put it out of it's misery with a couple rounds. About an hour later, my friends and I went back past the scene and the deer was gone. Too hard to pass up, I guess.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page