What type of aspirin... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
What type of aspirin...

..do you use?
MrX954 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:47 PM
 
Join Date: 08-28-2001
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
       
Re: What type of aspirin...

Aspirin is asprin...do you mean OTC pain killers? Ibuprofen is what works best for me.
G-Force Junkie is offline  
post #3 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:49 PM
 
Join Date: 10-02-2004
Posts: 2,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX954
..do you use?

Pill form, prefer round.

Other than that- Ibuprofen and Motrin
Scout is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:49 PM
Supporting Member
 
cbr99xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-2003
Location: North Georgia
Age: 58
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Garage
Re: What type of aspirin...

Store brand, for asprin or any type of OTC pain meds (Ibuprofen is my 1st choice).

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
cbr99xx is offline  
post #5 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:52 PM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: What type of aspirin...

I try real hard to figure out why I'm hurting and solve the problem over pills. It's been quite a while since I've taken any OTC stuff.

Ibruprofin is the numero uno choice for me though.



luvtolean is offline  
post #6 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Aspirin is asprin...do you mean OTC pain killers? Ibuprofen is what works best for me.
I meant aspirin, I have a headache pretty much everyday when I leave the office, most days I dont need to take anything others I do, just curious what ppl preferred to use since the "Alieve is bad for you thread" from like a year ago.
MrX954 is offline  
post #7 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 3:55 PM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: What type of aspirin...

Aspirin is hard on the stomach, and if you are prone to nosebleeds you'll get them more often.

If you have headaches every day, you need to work on a solution to the problem that doesn't come out of a bottle.



luvtolean is offline  
post #8 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: What type of aspirin...

I thought alieve was the only aspirin that was bad for your stomach?

I figure the problem is I stare at a monitor all day and dont get any fresh air
MrX954 is offline  
post #9 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:05 PM
 
HondaGalToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 6,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
             
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
Aspirin is hard on the stomach, and if you are prone to nosebleeds you'll get them more often.

If you have headaches every day, you need to work on a solution to the problem that doesn't come out of a bottle.
Most pain relievers, in addition to aspirin, are hard on the stomach. This includes naprocin (Aleve), ibuprofin (Advil, Motrin), pretty much any of the NSAIDs. Take with food. I can't stress that enough. Try and figure out what's causing the headaches. Is it stress? Stiff neck/shouler/back muscles? I used to have a lot of neck/hip/lower back pain. I now get a full body deep tissue massage about once a month or so. Tight muscles seemed to be the cause. If I go a couple of months with no massage, I get pain. Massage works amazingly well for me, I rarely need any pain relievers. If I do, ibuprofen works the best for sore muscles.
HondaGalToo is offline  
post #10 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:06 PM
 
HondaGalToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-2001
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 6,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 31
             
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX954
I thought alieve was the only aspirin that was bad for your stomach?

I figure the problem is I stare at a monitor all day and dont get any fresh air
Aleve isn't aspirin. The drug in it is naprocin.
If it's from computer work, try to take breaks. Do you have eye strain where perhaps you need a corrective lens? If not, just try to stretch and look away periodically. Get up, move around.
HondaGalToo is offline  
post #11 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:09 PM
 
Join Date: 09-01-2004
Posts: 1,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: What type of aspirin...

Chiropractic and massage has pretty much obliterated my headaches. I used to have to take muscle relaxers twice a week. Also, try keeping a food diary for a week or so. Maybe you're drinking too much caffeine? Eating too much chocolate? Sitting next to somebody who wears Eau du Headache?
Sunbert is offline  
post #12 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Most pain relievers, in addition to aspirin, are hard on the stomach. This includes naprocin (Aleve), ibuprofin (Advil, Motrin), pretty much any of the NSAIDs. Take with food. I can't stress that enough. Try and figure out what's causing the headaches. Is it stress? Stiff neck/shouler/back muscles? I used to have a lot of neck/hip/lower back pain. I now get a full body deep tissue massage about once a month or so. Tight muscles seemed to be the cause. If I go a couple of months with no massage, I get pain. Massage works amazingly well for me, I rarely need any pain relievers. If I do, ibuprofen works the best for sore muscles.
I took excedrin(sp?) with alcohol the other night..... okay yea I'm dumb and paid for it.

As far as what causes it, I have no idea but I'm sure I live the most stress free life outta anyone so I know thats not it.
MrX954 is offline  
post #13 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:14 PM
 
Join Date: 11-29-2002
Posts: 2,827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
         
Re: What type of aspirin...

vioxx...

oh wait...


Excedrin Headache with the caffeine works great for regular old headaches.
TraumaOne is offline  
post #14 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Aleve isn't aspirin. The drug in it is naprocin.
If it's from computer work, try to take breaks. Do you have eye strain where perhaps you need a corrective lens? If not, just try to stretch and look away periodically. Get up, move around.
No eye strain 20/20 vision here

I was thinking something along the lines of taking breaks throughout the day maybe go outside and walk around to take in some fresh air and not focus on a screen for a while.
MrX954 is offline  
post #15 of 52 Old 12-28-2005, 4:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 03-10-2004
Posts: 2,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: What type of aspirin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbert
Chiropractic and massage has pretty much obliterated my headaches. I used to have to take muscle relaxers twice a week. Also, try keeping a food diary for a week or so. Maybe you're drinking too much caffeine? Eating too much chocolate? Sitting next to somebody who wears Eau du Headache?
Never tried coffee and dont drink soda so no caffine problem here.
MrX954 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what type of stand tikki50 Honda FireBlade 13 03-26-2007 5:03 PM
what type of bike is this? Critz General Discussion 14 02-14-2005 3:07 PM
what type of braided lines? Northern RR Honda FireBlade 13 12-27-2004 4:06 PM
What type of plugs are you running Ice Honda FireBlade 0 09-26-2003 4:23 PM
What type of Gas? just_john Honda FireBlade 1 07-17-2003 6:58 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome