Bye guys, it was fun - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 5:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Bye guys, it was fun

Well guys, I'm sorry but it's time for me to bail out of the forum - there's been one posting of personalised abuse too many I'm afraid.
There's a limit to how many times it's possible to ignore this sort of stuff in the interests of not perpetuating a row - especially when there is no sign anywhere of a moderator stepping in.
I stayed in in recent months in the hope of providing an alternative view on political topics, but the post a short time ago purporting to 'referee' between myself and BDA marks the end.
It was well intended, but was either the result of a misunderstanding, or of a failure in my communication. The bottom line though is that if the perception is that I'm operating at the level of some sort of battle with BDA then I'm wasting mine and everybody else's time here.
It's a pity, it'd have been nice to have got a line in balanced and mutually respectful political debate going - I think we'd all have benefited from it. Not possible it seems in the current political climate.
My thanks to those of you with whom I've shared information and been helped by - it's been fun over several years. My thanks also to the vast majority who have never ever been more than reasonable in allowing an outspoken Paddy to have his say through a difficult time for their country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 5:55 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

...I must've missed that thread. *Sorry to see ya' go Onda...enjoyed your input.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #3 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:35 PM

Please don't go!!! Stay! Stay! Stay!

That's what you wanted, isn't it?

Seriously, if that is enough to make you leave it's sad. I doubt you'll be gone as long as proto when he did the same, but whatever.
At one point Conq put the kaibosh on all political posting, and that was fine because everyone was sick of it. Then, it just became an agreement to not post political crap.
Then lo and behold, here came the extreme left wing BS, and while many of us still chose to ignore it, it just got worse and worse.
Then comes you with every post an attack on America and our current Administration. After a few I among many others had enough. I'm not just going to sit back while some yahoo that obviously has no real knowledge of America or Americans slings insult after insult at us. The days of pussywillow Americanism went out with their hero leader in 2000.
Then you not only trivialise what happened on 9/11/01, you mock it by agreeing with that frenchie that authored his slanderous book and downplaying the lives lost and what it all meant. Constantly trivialising what happened and attacking America.
So, I let you know how I feel. I'm not going to put up with that BS. Surprise, surprise, the lefty can't handle the SAME CRAP being given to him.
Stay or go, I really couldn't care less. But if you feel the need to continue desecrating the greatest nation in the history of the planet, you will get the same treatment. No other nation has done as much for ourselves and every other country in such a short period of time. We don't need some bugger from a tiny little island smaller in size and population than the New York City metro area coming in here throwing crap on us. I won't take it, period.

I think we should go back to the no political crap again anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:39 PM

Quote:
ondablade : There's a limit to how many times it's possible to ignore this sort of stuff in the interests of not perpetuating a row - especially when there is no sign anywhere of a moderator stepping in.
My experiences as a moderator on another fairly large internet discussion board catering to motorcycles left me somewhat surprised at what I'll call a generalized lack of 'higher-ground' intervention from some of the moderators here, two in particular, though the board owner does publicly extert his authority from time to time, perhaps even to a sufficient degree.

In any case, I enjoy your POV Onda, and you might notice I took polite exception to BDA's 'euro pricks' remark (and, for the record, I enjoy his posts as well).

Maybe when spirited debate goes from just that to spiteful diatribe, we could all step up to the plate and do a better job of (1) policing ourselves, (2) trying to intervene on the 'victim' member's behalf, and (3) report such incidents via the 'Report This Post' button in the lower right hand portion of the screen.

Stick around Onda. This might surprise some, maybe not others, but there have been a couple times I was so angry that I nearly walked... yet to stay and contribute to the discussion is the more gentlemanly thing to do. In other words, most members here are great people from a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints. Be among them and don't let the 2%'ers spoil it.

post #5 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:39 PM

Quote:
BDA116 : I think we should go back to the no political crap again anyway.
Then shut the hell up and let the threads die.
post #6 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:41 PM

Quote:
BDA116 : Then comes you with every post an attack on America and our current Administration.
BDA!- be reasonable man! There are well tenured members here who can't stand Bush and mock the guy with posts and goofy avatars all the time. I'm a Bush supporter, but you gotta roll with the punches...

Edit: Yap, I'm talkin' bout you, Boof, but I still like the hell outta ya!

post #7 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:43 PM

Quote:
spillover : Quote (BDA116 @ Aug. 20 2003, 5:35pm)I think we should go back to the no political crap again anyway.
Then shut the hell up and let the threads die.
I'll take responsibility for this - it was my thread from the beginning. Because I so infrequently (if ever) read or posted in past poli-threads, I was unaware that Conq had called a halt to it.

post #8 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:43 PM

Yeah Onda I know how you feel as I've discussed this with Proto before. LIke yourself, I took off for a while too, mainly due to BDA's but hey live and let live. You aren't going to change his mind on anything, that is what Republicans are all about Look at the brightside, he hasn't called anyone a f*ck lately, uh oh where is my flamesuit But I know where you are coming from, disagreeing with someone and ridiculing them for their beliefs are two different things.

post #9 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 6:55 PM

Spillover, Booth, et all:
I haven't started one political post in a long time. If you far leftists would let them die, they would.
Spiilover, you have created and stretched out more crap than I could ever dream.
Booth, some remark coming from a fringe left wing democrat, as not a soul from your wing has an open mind to anything.
And for the record, I am only registered as a Republican only because in our current crappy two party system there is no other intelligent choice. You must be one of the two to participate fully in all primaries. My political views are far more vertical than left, but the Libertarian party has a name too close to liberal and by registering as one you don't get a fair shake. Of course, a fact like this will register in the same place all other facts register with you.
It's too bad politicians on either side are more worried about control than the people. I can't wait for the day we all finally say enough and get control back where it belongs. Only then will there be healthy meaningful debate from all sides.

Chain - I don't care about the jabs that the intellectual giants give to Bush. I honestly am pissed about quite a few things that have happened under his watch. I am fully behind him on the war issues, but this whole Patriot Act crap and allowing the dems to pass more welfare are just the tip of the iceberg. Truth be told, Bush is passing more democrat-like crap than the hilbilly did in his last term, and it's disgusting.
It's the blatant attacks on America and the baseless BS that pisses me off, especially coming from someone that has no true knowledge of our great country.
post #10 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 7:27 PM

I, uhhh, haven't had an official political opinion in quite a while. It has been at least since we migrated to the new forum software (4 months?). LTL convinced me that it is pretty silly to argue politics on the board.

You occasionally have good, clear arguments, which I am happy to read. Frequently, though, you resort to ad hominem arguments. Rarely do you back up anything you say with anything but bravado.

If the rules of discussion are to see who is the first to resort to calling the other a pantywaist f#ckwad, then let me know. I can type pretty fast.
post #11 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 8:12 PM

Reputation Power: 20

I do not post very often, but.... I must....

I know I should keep my mouth shut.

Do understand how silly this whole thing sounds to us outsiders. Do this in Private Emails.... Not on a forum that is based on the FIREBLADE.....

Learn to agree to disagree and do not attack eachother...... Political views are something that should be discussed, but is not a personal attack on the person who looks at your views differently.

LEAVE, STAY, Tomato....... Tamato.... Let's call the whole thing off.

DEPO

Lover of all small woodland creatures.
post #12 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 8:18 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
ondablade : Well guys, I'm sorry but it's time for me to bail out of the forum
Cheers Euro-Prick...... *

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #13 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 9:01 PM

Reputation Power: 17

I am fairly new to this forum. I must agree that the name calling is juvenile at best. This thread so far has one person and only one still doing it. Why?

I go slow... I go slow...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
post #14 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 9:02 PM

Reputation Power: 19

you guys..............

go ride yuor damn motorcycles! Thats what you came to this website for in the first place.

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
post #15 of 87 Old 08-20-2003, 9:24 PM

Quote:
roadrunner954 : you guys..............

go ride yuor damn motorcycles! Thats what you came to this website for in the first place.
ditto

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page