XBox Controllers - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

View Poll Results: What brand controller
Factory Xbox S Type 11 57.89%
Pelican 1 5.26%
Logitech 3 15.79%
Other 4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-04-2006, 7:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to thebackdraft
XBox Controllers

Wassup everyone?! So I've got one of those aftermarket Pelican wireless controllers for my xbox and since I've moved it just doesn't act right. Worked good before hand but I think it got messed up somehow. I switched back to my factory s type xbox controller and it just seemed to feel better. Plus it just seemed to work better, mainly speaking of the analog sticks. But I like the relocated black and white buttons on the Pelican. So I was curious about what controller some of y'all use. And this is speaking of the old black xbox.

Almost forgot: Does anybody know of a controller that has a more squared opening for the analog sticks? You know how they are circular and sometimes when, like in a first person shooter, you will be walking/running forward and go to sidestep but when you move the analog stick at an angle you sometimes lose speed in one or both movements but will move faster if done seperately. Its like when you move the stick at an angle you don't get the same amount of movement as if you went one direction then the other. I think that makes sense.

I am a road warrior on the information superhighway. A ninja assassin in the rat race of life. A restless love machine doomed to bless the feminine hordes with the physical rapture that is me.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by thebackdraft; 01-04-2006 at 7:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-05-2006, 7:50 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: XBox Controllers

Datel wireless. Had a small issue getting one of the controllers to link with it's connector. Other than that, it's better than the kids tripping over the cords while I'm kicking Rossi's a$$ in MotoGP3.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-05-2006, 8:40 AM

Reputation Power: 24

I like the 360 controller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-05-2006, 8:47 AM

Reputation Power: 17

I second liking the 360 controller. Ya know, for those of us cool enough to have one already. Seriously though, i favor the logitech cordless controller for the regular xbox. They're pricey though.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-10-2006, 6:40 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I was waiting for the 360 comments. I'm waiting for the Playstation 3 to come out. Not that I'm buying one of them but just to get good solid facts about each and compare. But I kinda am leaning towards the 360. Anywho, I'll have to check out the Datel. I like the Logitech but it doesn't have the relocated black and whites. To bad Saitek doesn't make any for the XBox. Or Thrustmaster.

I am a road warrior on the information superhighway. A ninja assassin in the rat race of life. A restless love machine doomed to bless the feminine hordes with the physical rapture that is me.

Regards,
Chris
post #6 of 10 Old 01-10-2006, 9:41 PM

Reputation Power: 22

You know, I've just had the best response with the MS Type-S Controller, except I bought my youngest son a smaller one (mini?, can't remember name or manufacturer), even the teenagers tend to use that if I've already grabbed the S.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM

Thats the nice thing about the 360 controller is the relocated black/white buttons to shoulder buttons...much easier IMO.

Scout ~ Maybe Mad Catz? I have a mini wireless controller made by them that works great
post #8 of 10 Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebackdraft
Yeah I was waiting for the 360 comments. I'm waiting for the Playstation 3 to come out. Not that I'm buying one of them but just to get good solid facts about each and compare. But I kinda am leaning towards the 360. Anywho, I'll have to check out the Datel. I like the Logitech but it doesn't have the relocated black and whites. To bad Saitek doesn't make any for the XBox. Or Thrustmaster.
waiting also...have you heard any rumors of the price of it
post #9 of 10 Old 01-11-2006, 7:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Purpdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebackdraft
Heck, I am waiting for the PS3 as well but why have one when you can have both.

On a site note, Conq should take a picture of all his consuls after he get the 360. He is going to need a bigger component switch.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-14-2006, 6:08 PM Thread Starter

I didn't realize the 360 relocated the black and white. It is easier when they are shoulder buttons though. I've seen those mini Mad Catz also. And I've heard all kinds of rumours about the PS3. I guess we'll see at the launch. Both would be the best way to go though.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by thebackdraft; 01-14-2006 at 6:13 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page