On-Line Dating - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: More RC weight stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe
Wanna guess how I landed Jessica?
Do you guys have experience with on-line dating? I'm seriously contemplating it. Seems like it could be fun

I believe riding, like life, is 10% what happens and 90% how you react.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 AM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe
Re: On-Line Dating

edit: added a bunch of stuff

It's like browsing through a huge catalogue of women... I highly recommend it.

It makes it easy to go for quantity while you look for quality; you can easily line up dates (I would usually just meet for coffee for a first) and if first impressions don't go too well, you have absolutely zero commitment to that person. They don't have your phone number, email, anything. You can just block them on your MSN and go about your business. Plus, you can find out everything you want to know about a person before having to meet them... in sales-speak: you can "qualify" them.

It's lots of fun but you have to treat it like a lot of things in life... you only get out what you put in.

Give it a try... best part is you have nothing to lose from it. And you don't have to be afraid of rejection... if they're going to reject you, they have plenty of opportunity to do so before you've got anything invested.

It's way cheap. I used lavalife... you buy credits for something like a buck a piece and use them when you want to private message someone. You can send "smiles" for free; little canned messages that are used to indicate interest. It would usually go like this:

1. Browse the new members in my area.
2. Send a smile to ones that looked good.
3. If one sent a smile in return, pay a credit to send them a brief letter, basically just saying hi, maybe make a joke, get their MSN
4. Talk on MSN... if the right rapport is reached, proceed to step 5, if not, return to step 3.
5. Meet for coffee. If it goes well, maybe get a phone number, if not, return to step 3.

From then on, well, use your imagination I guess.

And then there's this asshole...

Last edited by phobiaphobe; 01-06-2006 at 11:32 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:18 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Reputation Power: 26

Re: More RC weight stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ96F3
Do you guys have experience with on-line dating? I'm seriously contemplating it. Seems like it could be fun
Any candidates must be screened by your .org brothers. pics are preferred

I do all my own stunts.
post #5 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
edit: added a bunch of stuff

It's like browsing through a huge catalogue of women... I highly recommend it.

It makes it easy to go for quantity while you look for quality; you can easily line up dates (I would usually just meet for coffee for a first) and if first impressions don't go too well, you have absolutely zero commitment to that person. They don't have your phone number, email, anything. You can just block them on your MSN and go about your business. Plus, you can find out everything you want to know about a person before having to meet them... in sales-speak: you can "qualify" them.

It's lots of fun but you have to treat it like a lot of things in life... you only get out what you put in.

Give it a try... best part is you have nothing to lose from it. And you don't have to be afraid of rejection... if they're going to reject you, they have plenty of opportunity to do so before you've got anything invested.

It's way cheap. I used lavalife... you buy credits for something like a buck a piece and use them when you want to private message someone. You can send "smiles" for free; little canned messages that are used to indicate interest. It would usually go like this:

1. Browse the new members in my area.
2. Send a smile to ones that looked good.
3. If one sent a smile in return, pay a credit to send them a brief letter, basically just saying hi, maybe make a joke, get their MSN
4. Talk on MSN... if the right rapport is reached, proceed to step 5, if not, return to step 2.
5. Meet for coffee. If it goes well, maybe get a phone number, if not, return to step 2.
But YOU were the scary one for them

Must obey the sheep dog
post #6 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
But YOU were the scary one for them
I went on a bunch of first dates before finding someone that made me willing to stop dating. And among the others, I managed to make some pretty good friends that I still talk to regularly. Any of the ones that I scared off... well that's their problem.

Last edited by phobiaphobe; 01-06-2006 at 11:46 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 12:10 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

am I the only one seeing a terrible connection between his avatar and the subject of this quote?

Must obey the sheep dog
post #8 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 1:43 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I met my wife through an AOL personal ad about five years ago. It's worked out well!

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Post-blade
post #9 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 2:35 PM

Reputation Power: 34

Send a message via AIM to Heavy-Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
am I the only one seeing a terrible connection between his avatar and the subject of this quote?
That's funny. GAWD!!!!

Fasttrax #15n
Lockhart Phillips
Suomy Helmets | RK Chain | PowerStands | LeoVince
SponsorHouse
post #10 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 3:40 PM

Reputation Power: 22

I've gotta share this:

My wife has a co-worker friend that has been on the on-line dating circuit for about 8 months now. I believe she has had trouble with enticing a man in person and has resorted to the on-line only type date setups. She's not a local (something like North Carolina, or North something East Coast). Pointy nose, blue eyes, yellow brown hair, normal white girl.....until you get below the waist....then its all about *dat ass*. Its like she has a thinner upper body, maybe an a-cup, little waist, and then kaplow.....all.....dat.....assss. The thighs attached to that ass are pushing max capacity on whatever tight ass jeans she's wearing, and I never have been a proponent of sweats, but this girl makes jeans look like stretch pants. And you know, you've heard of kankles right??? Well this girl has kneekles.

Anyway, my wife gets to hear all about this girls "sexploits" on this on line dating gig. Here's what I gather is happening (almost everytime). She gets these guys responding to her (of course the pictures I'M SURE are waist up), and according to my wife, she thinks she's *HOT* and keeps trying to meet these "bodybuilder" guys. Anyway, they "talk" through email or messaging for awhile (maybe a week), and then she arranges to meet them.

Now inherantly there's nothing wrong with a girl "getting her's", but this chick drives up to 8 hours away to meet these guys. Anyway they end up doing the deed (which my wife gets to hear about in explicit detail) sometimes in HER CAR, sometimes motel, and then the chick comes back and is suprised these guys never contact her again. Now, I'm not sure how it breaks down, but I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with her "assets". Or maybe a combination of driving a whole friggin' day away, and then giving it up on the first meet that turns these guys off for another date.

It could be that nasal voice, or the fact her cheese has half slid off her cracker, but just listening to my wifes stories about this chick, and the fact if I were a single man I would take masturbation over this chick any day of the week that I cannot in good faith recommend to my brothers in arms out there to online date (just on the sly chance they mistakenly hook up with this winner).

Consider yourselves warned.
post #11 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 4:10 PM

Scout: that's the beauty of it... Say you meet your mystery date for coffee and she's a bipolar hippopotamus with a gland problem. You finish your coffee, thank her for her time and never talk to her again. You block her on your MSN and all you've lost is maybe an hour or 2 of your time and 4 dollars for lattes. Move on to the next one.

post #12 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-Dee
That's funny. GAWD!!!!
I don't get it. Seriously.

post #13 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 4:55 PM

Reputation Power: 45

Quote:
I don't get it. Seriously.
Have you seen that abomination Napoleon Dynamite?

I've never done any online dating, so this is just observation of friends and roommates.

I know people that have met women and married them online though. He had a stream of first dates like Phobe is talking about, and like phobe said, it never went past coffee or whatever if there was a "problem".

Seems like a good tool.

I knew guys that went looking for girls like the one Scout is talking about...these seem to be the ones who talk poorly of online dating.

It's like anything else, a tool. What you get out of it is up to you.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
post #14 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 5:12 PM

Reputation Power: 45

The only reason I didn't turn it off in the middle was all the buzz, we kept saying it has to get better....nope.

Whatever...people like Super Troopers too, which I did turn off.

...in bed.
-------------------------------------

...you are trying to insult me, and I agree it is very easy to do, if you haven't sufficient respect for yourself. - Tolstoy
post #15 of 22 Old 01-06-2006, 5:14 PM

I bought the DVD.... GOSH

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page