Online Rentals Customer Service, Need Response Suggestion - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Online Rentals Customer Service, Need Response Suggestion

Okay, who has net-flix? I wonder if it's time to switch from Blockbuster Online?

Here's my issue as copied straight from my "complaint" email (FYI- "My Q" is where you choose movies you want to see, and it stores them in order. Once a movie is shipped, it drops from "My Q"):

I don't make it a personal policy to complain, as this is the second issue I've had, but now My Q is sending movies I've already received (about 2 months ago) which was no longer in My Q. I received "24 hour party people" in November, and it was not part of my Q anymore. Now I check (1-24-06) and you've sent it again. I'm not sure if this is common among customers, or I'm just a "lucky one". Anyway, I'll send it back immediately when I receive it. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh, and by the way, on the first complaint issue, customer service sent me (via an email link) another coupon for a free rental at my local blockbuster store. The eligible date had it from 12-?-05 to 11-?-05, so the beginning date was changed, and that was all. When I tried to use it, it registered as it had been already used, and it appeared to the employees as if I had doctored a legitimate one. If you do intend to replace or send me another one, can you ensure it is usable so I don't look like I'm trying to ripoff the local blockbuster, as it's a bit embarrassing, especially in front of other customers, and does not imply that the company is attempting to rectify my inconvenience by further inconvenience.

Thank you,
Dan Jensen

Response:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize that the post office mistakenly returned this DVD to you.

This occasionally occurs when the post office scans the barcode and the system recognizes the mail should be sent to your shipping address instead of back to our distribution center. Please use a black pen and mark out the barcode located on the envelope, then place in you outgoing mail.

Again, our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online

My response to that (as it didn't address the issue ):

Umm, no. I haven't received it yet. I was notified through email (today, 1-25-06) that "24 hour party people" was being sent to me. It wasn't on My Q. I received it in November, when it was on My Q. When I returned it, it was not in My Q anymore. I know the post office is slow, but not 2 months slow. Somehow, I was sent a movie which was not in my Q, and that I had received and sent back successfully in November. I will send it back when I receive it, so no big deal. Just thought I'd let you know, so you may stop it from happening again, as I don't want to receive movies I've already seen and returned.

Respectfully,

Dan Jensen

And their response:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Service.

We understand that you received a wrong movie, Daniel.

We apologize for the labeling error. We have reported it on your behalf. In the future, you may report DVD issues by visiting "My Account" or "My Queue" and selecting "Report DVD Issue." Report the issue as "received wrong DVD" and select "resend same" to expedite reshipment of the title.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve your concerns.

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online

Now why in the hell would I want to "resend the same", and how the hell is it a labeling error when they're friggin' sending me a movie that I've already seen, and that I didn't request again? Then they try to say it's the Post Office? I don't receive emails from the Post Office when I'm sent a movie from Blockbuster.

I want to respond with "DO YOU IDIOTS SPEAK ENGLISH?", but they probably don't.. So I leave it to you, .orgers, be creative....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-25-2006, 10:42 PM

Re: Online Rentals Customer Service, Need Response Suggestion

Everyone I know with Net-flix loves it.

I have a "no-Blockbuster" policy in effect too, so I might be biased.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-25-2006, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Netflix Good.

Lots of Bruce Lee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-26-2006, 1:14 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

I think the problem is you rented 24 hour party people to begin with, they want to remind you of your mistake so you don't do it again.

I loved blockbuster online, I was thinking of subscribing myself after some weird free trial where they just started sending me like 3 movies, then 2 of the same . My neighbor hates them and has had several very angry phonecalls with them about their not sending movies, so I'm not sure though.

why put off today what you can wake up late and forget to do tomorrow.

GPS Discussion Forums - Don't ask, know
post #5 of 6 Old 01-26-2006, 5:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeGuy
I think the problem is you rented 24 hour party people to begin with, they want to remind you of your mistake so you don't do it again.
You might be right.

I'm going to check into net-flix then, and kiss ballbuster goodbye!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-27-2006, 2:19 AM
Fig

24 Hour Party People????

Here's my experience with NetFlix. We've been using them for literally a couple of years now. Well, things got lax around the house, and the three NetFlix movies we had got buried under a desk, then subsequently spread around the house. To make matters worse we eventually moved. Where those movies went is beyond me. So for months, we were in NetFlix limbo. No movies to send back, and no movies coming in. No one spoke up either, since it's usually the kids who get the benefits of NetFlix. I finally spoke up and prodded my wife into action. She called NetFlix, and explained the situation. They marked the movies as lost, and restarted up the queue. To boot, they offered to give us the next 6 months free since we went for a few months there with no movies going back and forth. I was shocked, a company with actual customer service, and it really was our fault. Kudos to NetFlix. I recently signed my Mom up for NetFlix, and she loves it.

NetFlix gets two thumbs up from me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page