Cage Fighting - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-08-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33

Cage Fighting

Went to my 4th event last night. Cage fighting at it's best. Front row seats as well. Had a good time, seen some great fights(inside and outside of the cage). If you get a chance to see one ofthese events, Go. It is not a fake looking or boring. 2 guys I work with are fighters in the Legends Of Fighting and are undefeated. I found a couple of photos, not very good but you can visit the website for more. The wifey had a great time as well.
Attached Images

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-08-2006, 1:54 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: Cage Fighting

having done MA for quite a few years, i'm a huge fan of the MMA scene. not too fond of UFC, but follow Pride a lot more. The only thing that keeps me interested in ufc is the middleweight division ( GSP, Penn, and Hughes).
post #3 of 12 Old 04-08-2006, 2:02 PM Thread Starter

This is more like the UFC and is a MMA competition. Jeremy, the guy in the pic is undefeted and will take you to the ground. QUICK and take that 1 opportunity and capitailze on it. Marc, who also works for us part time is on the Indiana University wrestling team won last night by unanamous decision. 3 , 5 min rounds are tough to go through. They put on quite the show.

Last edited by Hammer; 04-08-2006 at 2:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-16-2006, 2:10 AM

Well the UFC event tonight was pretty boring except the Forrest v Ortiz match. Gotta love Forrest for the heart. Ortiz was gassed after the first round and I thought Forrest would have done enough if that was a longer fight, I think it might have gone the other way. What's with the scoring? How did one judge have that 30-27 Ortiz, was he watching the same fight as everyone else?

I know many "MMA" fans hate the UFC, it's always the way to hate the biggest league(in the US) but how can you not get behind Royce next month? If you think UFC or Pride would be half the leagues they are without him you are joking yourself. I have always been a big Hughes fan and I think it will be tough for Gracie with Matt's ground and pound game but I'm still pulling for Royce. Go Gracie!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-16-2006, 3:31 AM

Reputation Power: 25

Man I wanted to go to that fight, first one in California, but tickets started at $300 and sold out fast. No thanks.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-16-2006, 3:51 AM

Yeah, they need to get the door prices in check. I could be in Cali whatever weekends I want via my company but look at next month, they want at least $200 to sit in the nose bleeds, exponentiallymore for better seats. Those prices had me sitting on the floor during the early days.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRider
Yeah, they need to get the door prices in check. I could be in Cali whatever weekends I want via my company but look at next month, they want at least $200 to sit in the nose bleeds, exponentiallymore for better seats. Those prices had me sitting on the floor during the early days.
I checked for ufc 60 yesterday...$800 seats are the cheapest left! Search "ufc 60" in ebay and get ready for your jaw to drop
post #8 of 12 Old 04-17-2006, 1:42 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via AIM to snigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACI4LIFE
having done MA for quite a few years, i'm a huge fan of the MMA scene. not too fond of UFC, but follow Pride a lot more. The only thing that keeps me interested in ufc is the middleweight division ( GSP, Penn, and Hughes).
that is actually the welterweight division.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2006, 2:24 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
I checked for ufc 60 yesterday...$800 seats are the cheapest left! Search "ufc 60" in ebay and get ready for your jaw to drop

$300/$360 within 26minutes

as well as a few others in that region.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2006, 2:50 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRider
Well the UFC event tonight was pretty boring except the Forrest v Ortiz match. Gotta love Forrest for the heart. Ortiz was gassed after the first round and I thought Forrest would have done enough if that was a longer fight, I think it might have gone the other way. What's with the scoring? How did one judge have that 30-27 Ortiz, was he watching the same fight as everyone else?

!
Not sure how they gave it to Ortiz. He definitely won the 1st round, but thought Forrest had the 2nd and 3rd easily. Even when Ortiz took him down in the 3rd, Forrest had more elbows and scoring hits on the floor than Ortiz did imho.

04 600RR
post #11 of 12 Old 04-17-2006, 9:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRWANTR
Not sure how they gave it to Ortiz. He definitely won the 1st round, but thought Forrest had the 2nd and 3rd easily. Even when Ortiz took him down in the 3rd, Forrest had more elbows and scoring hits on the floor than Ortiz did imho.
That fight was rigged. Seriously the judges must have been watching Oprah during that fight, because they did not see the same one I did.

post #12 of 12 Old 05-29-2006, 5:20 AM

Well, at least they didn't go to the Judges this month.

I was very sad to see Gracie get his ass handed to him like that, I thought he would at least make a fight of it but Matt took him out like the garbage on trash day... I've been watching the UFC since day one and was hoping to see an old schooler make a game of it but it seems the sport has left them behind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page