Another "Day In Pictures" - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 9:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Another "Day In Pictures"

Large images follow. I suggest broadband and viewing 'full screen' in your browser. Otherwise the goodness of the high resolution photos will be wasted, at least to some degree.

--

Nice light on this one. *Hay bales and an old tractor in the background here.

PIC

This is what it's like from 0 to 100 miles north of my home. Lots of pretty, rolling hills, well maintained pavement, and high speed sweepers. This is the land of the grunty literbike, so leave your middleweights at home. <j/k> If you peer carefully, you'll see the road running way back there into the hills, and the bluffs off in the distance at horizon's edge.

PIC

Kind of a neat shot atop my tank with a rugged hill behind and the sun glinting off the left mirror.

PIC

Here's a great shot of one of my favorite series of esses. Note the change in elevation. What's behind me and out of view of the camera is a bonafide half mile long, 100 mile per hour sweeper that leads into this blind, over-the-crest-of-a-hill set of turns. It's a blast.

PIC

That's a cow at the top of the hill. I like this shot, but I wish it were more apparent what the dark thing up on top was.

PIC

Interesting contrast in textures and colors in this one.

PIC

I like this pic alot for some odd reason. Perhaps its that I was raised on red meat. Cattle, and a great perspective of my Blade. Good light too.

PIC

I try not to overuse 'auto-mode' on my camera and instead utilize the manual features, allowing one to play with exposure and to focus on subject matter in the background while leaving the stuff up close to the camera fuzzy (yet not obscured). I had to make some strange noises to get these girls to pay me any attention, 'My name is Baketech, I come in peace!'

PIC

Obligatory water shot, a conservation area up here.

PIC

An old barn and a new bike. I like the stark contrast in color and subject matter. A rickety, faded, old red barn, with a positively modern sportbike in the foreground just screaming at you.

PIC

Hey, this is the Midwest! I'm sure the rise and fall of the perfectly manicured concrete will not go unnoticed on you guys. While it isn't exactly the BRP, it's good clean (and rapid) fun, and is certainly enough to warrant my continued ownership of sporting two-wheeled hardware well into the future.

PIC

As of today then, 4,200 miles and a smoldering rear tire with maybe a couple more sorties left in it before I shoehorn those new AVONS on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 9:55 PM

Reputation Power: 20

liked the flower/bike pic. Wished to have seen a little more of the bike, with a broaded stroke of the flowers for contrast. Otherwise, all very nice pix.

Be fast or be last.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 10:03 PM

asiliat, you must have started viewing Chain's pics at 5:21, one minute after he posted. I'm not a dial-up user and they are still taking forever to open.

> > > Chain. Why didn't you resize them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 10:41 PM

Nice pics Chain! Could have been a little nicer if you hadn't caught the 'homlier' CBR in so many of them though.

Nice work!

J
post #5 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Bacchus : asiliat, you must have started viewing Chain's pics at 5:21, one minute after he posted. *I'm not a dial-up user and they are still taking forever to open.

*> > > Chain. *Why didn't you resize them?
I could have shot them in 640x480, but I didn't reset the camera before heading out today and they're all in 1024x768. Sorry for the wait. Maybe a better way to handle the individual shots is to right click the link, 'save target as', then let them download to your desktop one by one while you surf elsewhere.
post #6 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
fumbducker : Nice pics Chain! *Could have been a little nicer if you hadn't caught the 'homlier' CBR in so many of them though.

Nice work!

J
OKOKOK, I'll lay off the 'silver is faster' stuff, lol.

Thanks, btw.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 11:45 PM

it must be nice to run roads like that with the kind of immunity a person in your position would have.

Insignificant Member
post #8 of 18 Old 08-29-2003, 11:59 PM

Great pics - makes me wanna go for a ride! Thanks for sharing!
post #9 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Chain : Quote (Bacchus @ Aug. 29 2003, 9:03pm)asiliat, you must have started viewing Chain's pics at 5:21, one minute after he posted. *I'm not a dial-up user and they are still taking forever to open.

*> > > Chain. *Why didn't you resize them?
I could have shot them in 640x480, but I didn't reset the camera before heading out today and they're all in 1024x768. Sorry for the wait. Maybe a better way to handle the individual shots is to right click the link, 'save target as', then let them download to your desktop one by one while you surf elsewhere.
Sorry Chain, guess you missed the sarcasm. Just giving you chit man! . Are you running XP? I just right click on a 1MB pic, then click on 'resize pictures' and choose either the smallest or medium size option to get it under 100KB. Hmmm, just went back and tried again, now your pics are opening much faster . Oh well, never mind...
post #10 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Bacchus : *Are you running XP? *I just right click on a 1MB pic, then click on 'resize pictures' and choose either the smallest or medium size option to get it under 100KB. *Hmmm, just went back and tried again, now your pics are opening much faster * . *Oh well, never mind...
That's what he taught me too...and it works Thanks again Bacchus!
post #11 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 9:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
freq : it must be nice to run roads like that with the kind of immunity a person in your position would have.
Just for the record, the 'immunity' of which you speak only exists if a) the off-duty cop getting stopped identifies himself and b) the on-duty officer in question is feeling benevolent.

I've been stopped a few times over the years, sometimes by people who knew me, other times not. I typically don't identify myself unless I'm carrying a weapon; then it's incumbent upon me to let the officer know.

I mailed in a $100+ speeding citation to the State of Colorado just a few years back...

And as a quick sidebar: I've not written a motorcyclist a ticket for anything in over ten years.
post #12 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 10:28 AM

And as a quick sidebar: I've not written a motorcyclist a ticket for anything in over ten years.

good for you and even better for them. on that note, how many have you pulled over? many many years ago an officer told me, 'son, you'll attracted more flies with sugar than you will with ####.' it took me a long time to realize what he was saying and just how right he was. what am i trying to say?, yea sometimes just a warning will go a whole lot farther then a ticket will. and yes i was just be a little sarcastic.

Insignificant Member
post #13 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 11:42 AM

Great Pics!!! Makes me want to go ride too!!! (its raining today )
post #14 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Freq, I noted the sarcasm, but didn't take it for anything other than what it was, some good natured ribbin'. To answer your question, shoot, I've forgotten how many bikes I've stopped.... scores and scores.

Alex, nice to see you back. Where ya been?
post #15 of 18 Old 08-30-2003, 6:24 PM

Good pics chain! *

My critic side says; *Big distraction everytime I see that tankbag. *Just doesn't do anything for the lines of the bike in my .02. *AND need some action shots once in awhile. *Your stills are great, but hell, as far as I can tell you do alot of PARKING! *I, again my .02, enjoy photos showing a machine in action once awhile too.

You do a FAB job though dude! * *Maybe someday you'll take me out with ya' and do come good shots of an ole' motarder'!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page