MSF course - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 1:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: MSF course

I'm signed up to take the advanced MSF course next Saturday and am curious if anyone has taken it and what I can expect?
I will be taking the course with six to ten other riders...as per my usual luck, they are all from the local Goldwing club...The Lilac City Wings. The gal that signed me found out 'later' that this was to be a closed class for the wingnutz but since she had my money and I was not willing to wait another two weeks, 'got me in.' I'm guessing I'm gonna be Mr. Popular...oh well.
I have this video of a new Goldwing being wheelied and I was kinda thinking about burning some CDs of Goldwing stunnas to kind of break the ice...or stir the pot...whatever...anybody have any links for 'wing stunts? And again, any hints as to what I can expect next Saturday?

TIA

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 1:22 AM

You'll have 1/2 a day in the classrom, then after lunch you'll go out to the parking lot for exercises. *They will look for overall control of the motorcycle, followed by exercises in braking, cornering and swerving.

Don't try to be anyone's hero (remember you'll be in a parking lot), although you'll probably do a stoppie or two during the braking exercises.

I'd suspect you'll really enjoy the GW crowd. *They're mostly really nice people. *They're interested (as I'm assuming you are) in improving their riding skills and abilities to avoid accidents.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 1:33 AM

Ahhh hmmm awww ummmm

I would'nt want to take any class, much less ride with those gold wing guy's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 10:01 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Most Goldwing folks I know are really cool and excellent riders. The MSF is good for brushing up on street skills and strategies. I take one every few years as a refresher.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

I was, in no way, implying that Wingnuts are bad people!
I merely said that this particular group is registered under their club and that I will be odd man out and on a sportbike no less...
*I was also serious that if anyone has any 'wing video clips or links, I'd like to burn a few CD's as it is in my nature to be a wiseass...
I'm looking forward to next Saturday and am thinking it is probably a good thing that I'll be in with a group of wingnuts instead of a bunch of smartass 'blade jockeys.

J

post #6 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 10:01 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Yeah, I knew ya weren't!
Enjoy your class!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-31-2003, 10:21 PM

Remember to brake with all fingers, not just with 2. My instructors were a real PIA with that.

It's a good course. You'll probably practice exercises that will mimic accident avoidence as well. Good class. It's a long day but worth it.

And, maybe your insurance co will give you a discount for taking the class.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page