Saturday's ride - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-01-2003, 1:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Saturday's ride

cops seen=o
top speed realized=141 indicated
miles traveled=134
states visited=2
quote ' you sure flew by me' my response 'I wasn't even gettin on it' his reply 'I never even saw you coming' my response'have a nice day' a Venture rider and his wife at the summit of Mt. Spokane. I had passed him and two cars right at the base of the mountain.
highlight of the day=2
1)rounding a corner and following a Black Bear cub about 100 feet before I could stop and reach for my camera and it scurry up the bank....no momma bear in sight so...see ya. Ran into mom/pop/daughter around the next corner(walking) and informed them about my sighting...dad's response...'the ranger said the bears were down low'
2)After stopping to take pics twice, the Venture rider/wife passed and waved as I was getting back on the bike...I caught up a few turns later and the pace kept getting quicker and quicker...until the straights turned into near drag races...I consistantly maintained a safe following distance and I'm guessing he was wishing he had left the wife at home as we had a pretty spirited pace going until he turned off at a diner at the base of the mountain...I'm betting his wife was a bit pissed,,,
low point=had to go back to work this morning and all day was thinking I should skip out early and go for a ride as the season here is rapidly drawing to an end.

regrets=not talking to the Yamerhammer driver more and finding out how to get in touch for a rematch...

Biggest regret...MONDAY!

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page