Another Ebay Auction Ruined By a Moron - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Another Ebay Auction Ruined By a Moron

OK here's a little background. My used subwoofer amp went belly up on me the other day and I picked out a new amp (elemental designs Nine2.x) and put the broken one on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1 It bid up to ~$111 during the last minutes of the auction and I was pretty excited about that as it covered nearly half of the new amp's cost. But the winning bidder is in Canada. I stated in the auction that I would only ship to the US 3 times. So I sent the mental giant an email. Please pay special attention to his expertise on geography.

Me:
I hope you're not in Canada as your profile says. I clearly stated in the auction that I will ONLY ship to the US

Idjit:
Ehh comon dude whats your problem!
I live like 40min from
New York state. I live in Montreal.
Just send it by USPS.
I will paypal you + shipping 40$ wich will cost you only 20$.
Write on shipping slip :
Used car amp 30$.
Thats it.
I'm still in
America like you.
Its not like your sending it to
Mexico.
Please man.
I really want that amp.
It sells here pretty expensive in my town.
+ my oncle will repair it for me.
I would really appreciate your service.
Thanks. Olivier.

Me:
Here's my problem: There were no fewer than three places on that auction that said US only. Do you think I did that for fun? I hate dealing with the customs crap that shipping outside of this country entails so I don't anymore. However, over the span of seven days had you emailed me and asked me I probably would have been fine with it, as I have always complied when the buyer is considerate enough to send an email prior to the end of the auction. But you couldn't be bothered to do that or even to read the auction completely. Or perhaps you did read it and didn't care for whatever reason.

Here's the bottom line: either send me a
US address to ship the amp to or no amp.

Idjit:
Thats not cool.
Sorry i did not email first.
What customs? Its not going to
Poland.
Its freaking going to
North america.
Its quite simple.
Thanks. Olivier.

Me:
There are customs between two sovereign nations, even if they happen to be on the same land mass. Have you ever sent any packages here? To ship to a different country the packages must go through customs, every time I've ever shipped to Canada this is the case. It would be the case if it was Mexico, Lithuania or Russia. If you think I'm lying to you then go ask someone at whatever passes as a post office in Canada.

So here I am, waiting for responses from the second chance offers I sent out. I'm sure no one will get back to me and I'll have to relist. It seems that neither one of us can leave feedback which is probably just as well. Also, I'm baffled by how anyone this stupid can still have 100% feedback

Oh well, I hope you guys get a little chuckle out of this.

2002 954 Full Ohlins, Galfer Wave Front Rotors, Scotts Damper, MIG High Mount, 16/45 520 Conversion...Sweeeeet

1996 CBR600F3 Smokin Joe's Edition
Gets good MPG...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 10:24 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Another Ebay Auction Ruined By a Moron

No chuckle, that sucks man.

What a retard.

post #3 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 PM

Be careful, he can still leave feedback. Keep an eye on your info and file a non-paying bidder alert on him. One of the reasons is buyer wanting item shipped to a place I don't ship to. File that and get some of your listing fees back. All in all it will take about 2 weeks to complete the process. If numbnuts doesn't respond in the appropriate time frame (and leaves you a negative) you can have ebay remove it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 11:30 PM

it's not even like he needs the damn thing, he said his uncle repairs them and they go for good cash there. he probably buys these all the time and fixes them for resale.
post #5 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Send a message via AIM to jetbdude

Damn French Canadian What a bunch of retard.

post #6 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 PM

I understand the idea behind him not reading the auction but what's the big deal with shipping to Canada? I've shipped before and just put it in a package and ship it as usual. Yeah it costs more but he was going to pay more. Is there something happens with this customs thing that I'm missing? I'm asking because I'm really curious, I also hate it when dumbasses can't read the rules and follow them.
post #7 of 23 Old 05-08-2006, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's extra paperwork... I hate doing it too.
post #8 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
It's extra paperwork... I hate doing it too.
What he said.

Like I said in my email to the idiot, had e emailed me and asked I would have done it...I always do.

2002 954 Full Ohlins, Galfer Wave Front Rotors, Scotts Damper, MIG High Mount, 16/45 520 Conversion...Sweeeeet

Gets good MPG...
post #9 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 12:28 AM

Reputation Power: 33

I found out not to ship out of the country due to not being able to get a conformation reciept and the added paperwork, + if customs is laying on the jom your stuff may be delayed 1 month or so and then the buyer files to get his money back and you are screwed.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #10 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 AM

Plus, if you aren't familiar with fraud laws of other countries, you can handily get screwed.

post #11 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 4:25 AM

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedTechRR
I understand the idea behind him not reading the auction but what's the big deal with shipping to Canada? I've shipped before and just put it in a package and ship it as usual. Yeah it costs more but he was going to pay more. Is there something happens with this customs thing that I'm missing? I'm asking because I'm really curious, I also hate it when dumbasses can't read the rules and follow them.
I rarely ship fleaBay items to Canada for a couple of reasons...

1. I have to take the package to a main branch (where they do customs processing) instead of mailing it from home, that costs me time and money.

2. The buyer invariably asks you to commit fraud on the customs declaration.

The US market is big enough to sell your items without these hassles...

Davef.....
You can cut down on some of this by tweaking your eBay preferences. First set the countries to which you will/won't ship, then you can check a box that will block buyers that are registered in countries that you do not ship. It's not 100% foolproof, but does help...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop

Last edited by Baketech; 05-09-2006 at 4:33 AM.
post #12 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 5:08 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
I found out not to ship out of the country due to not being able to get a conformation reciept and the added paperwork, + if customs is laying on the jom your stuff may be delayed 1 month or so and then the buyer files to get his money back and you are screwed.
USPS tracking numbers for packages shipped to Canada also work with the Canada Post website.

Simply copy and paste the tracking number into the appropriate box on the canadapost.ca website and bam! Tracking info.

I've got some HELD gloves coming to me from newenough.com and the USPS tracking number worked on the USPS website, up until they disappeared from the USA. Then, the number is picked up by Canada Post and it works just great right to my doorstep.

Like this: https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPi...id=dcsubmitted

And I dunno about the States, but for me to ship something down there, I fill out a TINY slip of paper with the destination address, item description and the $$$ value, plus the country of origin. That's it. Simple.
post #13 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 5:12 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Oh, and speaking about Morons, I listed my 2003 Toyota Sienna on EBAY and some guy from Montreal bid on it and won.

I emailed him and asked him exactly how he wanted to acquire the vehicle as I had clearly stated the vehicle's location (Alberta) and that local pickup with a bank draft was the only option.

He never got back to me, I filed a NPB report on him, I got back my FVF, but not the listing fees, and worst of all, after contacting the second-chance bidder, found out that he'd just bought another van while I was phucking around with Mr. NPB.

Oh, and the Moron's rationale for not carrying through with the sale?

"I changed my mind."
post #14 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 8:22 AM Thread Starter

Here's the next email from this guy.

I always sale to the States.
As long as we both use USPS and Canada Post we will never have any problems exchanging or selling with each other.
Now, if you go with bigger items and choose to go with Fed ex or Ups then, there is brok fee's to the receiver(Around 30$}.
But not Usps or Canada post.
Also, for me at reception i always pay 15% buying tax on the amount written. Thats are taxes on shopping here. When i send something then you pay nothing. I do not know why, but us we pay that tax.
But, i have to say, Canada is way up there on ebay like USA but we are much less populated.
We buy a lot electronics of ebay.
I have never gave bad feadback or had problems from the U.S. I've always arranged with my customers or when i am a customer.
So please tell me what to do for this item.
Thanks. Olivier.

I replied and told him that I'd get a quote from the USPS. He seems intent on getting this amp so I'll make sure that he Paypals me first and then I'll transfer the $ into another account. Or do you guys think this is some sort of weird scam?

Gets good MPG...
post #15 of 23 Old 05-09-2006, 8:58 AM

Reputation Power: 18

You must have jinxed me...the same thing just happened on one of my auctions for a CBR 1000RR...it clearly states ships to US (ok Canada but they dont count) and the winner is from Italy...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page