Inconsiderate Asses - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 8:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Inconsiderate Asses

So, here I am at DFW winding my way through the new Glorious Terminal D. I have to take the SkyLink train over to B to catch a CRJ to Fort Walton Beach. OK, no problem... so I am waiting to get on the train, and this old couple walks up. I mean old. So the train comes, there are some people on it, not too bad. The doors open, and these teenagers go blowing past everyone, don't even wait for the people getting off to clear out, and nab the few seats on the train (it's one of those 'everybody stands' kind of deal).

So, the poor old man and woman make it on the train after nearly getting bowled over by the asshole teens. Of course, there are now no longer any seats because these excuses for human scum have taken them. To make matters worse, one has an iPod going, and the other is on his cell phone. I see the old lady can't even reach the bar up top to hold on to, so she is preparing to cling to her husband, who is holding on for dear life.

So, being pretty pissed at this situation, I turn around to the kids and say "Why don't you let these people sit there". I even said it nicely. The kid with the iPod didn't even hear me, and the kid on the phone just glanced over but didn't even acknowledge my voice.

Now I am pissed. I go "HELLO!" IPod is still oblivious, and Cell Phone gives a sarcastic sigh, says "hold on" into the phone, and looks up and says "I'm on the phone". Right about now the train starts, with Mrs. Geriatric clinging on for dear life.

I tell Mr. Cell Phone "You need to give your seats to these two people. They need it more than you". It was obvious, but I guess it needed saying to these idiots.

His response? "Yo man we had to walk all the way across the terminal, we tired. We gonna get off on the next stop anyways". He goes back to the phone.

I was truly speechless. I had never experienced anything like it before. I wanted to smear that asshole's face into the window. YOU'RE TIRED?!?!?!

All I could do is just stare in amazement for the next 30 seconds until the next train stop, because if I touched them, my journey would end at DFW. The train stops, they get up and the dude gives me that "whatcha gonna do" look as he walks off the train.

Pure asshole.

OK, my rant is over and my flight is boarding. I had to get that off of my chest. If this is what teenagers are like these days, we are screwed... and I was a teen not that long ago. I guess I was raised with better morals than they were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 8:34 PM

Re: Inconsiderate Asses

You're at DFW right now? This really just happened to you? I'm getting to the point, nothing surprises me when it comes to a lack of courtesy.

Ana and I were following two guys a couple weeks ago when one of the ****ers rolls down his window and tosses out trash.

I roll my window down, "dirty ****er"!

They roll up next to me at the stoplight and Ana is yelling at me to get out of there. Dipshit rolls down his window, "what'd you say to me?"

"I called you a dirty ****er."

"Why?"

"Throwing your ****ing trash on the STREET!" (adrenaline is kicking in, wondering if I just started a fight)

"Why do you care"

"<Speechless>....Uh, because I live here."

"Dude, you're embarassing your chick." (from a passenger in a cheezy clip on tie in a 1991 beat up Ford Probe with chrome Wal Mart hubcaps, these guys look like salesmen from the local Cingular place)

I start laughing (as he continues on) and realize, if I don't stop, we well might start boxing in the street, so I just rolled up my window and ignored him.

Afterwards, I was really wondering, how far you should take a situation like this? Do I avoid saying something knowing that asshole could've pulled a gun?

post #3 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 8:45 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Actually it is not the way most teenagers are. We had morons in my day also, you just encountered some. The sad thing is that the nice kid that was polite and offered his seat would not even have been noticed

Take a deep breath and be thankful you are in DFW not Atlanta

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 8:49 PM Thread Starter

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricsson s710a: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yeah, I am here right now, stewing in my seat waiting to leave. At least it's exit row. I come home Wednesday, just in time for LOST season finale.
post #5 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 9:18 PM

j/k
Attached Thumbnails
preph.jpg‎  
post #6 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 9:21 PM

....and yes, it's been my experience that the majority of CA kids are just like that, or the majority of ones I see out in public.

I call them the "Jackass" generation, and we can only hope someone calls them on their ****, sooner or later.
post #7 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 9:25 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Too bad their parents weren't with them so you could've all of them. Lack of courtesies and manners are a reflection of the parenting...

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #8 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 9:32 PM

Its not the kids fault. It is their parents for not instilling good values, morales and, ethics into them. I would smacked my kid upside the head for that crap. Guess that makes me an abuser but, if I was there my children wouldn't of even thought of not giving up their seats.

Its the up bringing nowadays. Parents want to be their childrens friends and not their parents. I just got out of a relationship like this.
post #9 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 9:58 PM

Reputation Power: 17

It's nice that I am a little bit older now, because I have had conversations with people about the youth of America, and the general disrespect they show for everything. However, seeing as how I was 18 or 19 years old when I spoke about such things, no one took me seriously since I was "just a kid" myself. You don't have to go back 3 generations to find respectful members of society. I was raised in an old-fashioned manner where one respected people and property, and where one displayed manners at all times.
It's actually funny to me when people act surprised when I hold the door for them. Apparently it doesn't happen much...

Sorry for my own rant, but I agree that if this is what the majority of teenagers are like these days...well, crap!

Edit: Mojave, you are correct about it solely being the parents' responsibility.

post #10 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
So, here I am at DFW winding my way through the new Glorious Terminal D. I have to take the SkyLink train over to B to catch a CRJ to Fort Walton Beach. OK, no problem... so I am waiting to get on the train, and this old couple walks up. I mean old. So the train comes, there are some people on it, not too bad. The doors open, and these teenagers go blowing past everyone, don't even wait for the people getting off to clear out, and nab the few seats on the train (it's one of those 'everybody stands' kind of deal).

So, the poor old man and woman make it on the train after nearly getting bowled over by the asshole teens. Of course, there are now no longer any seats because these excuses for human scum have taken them. To make matters worse, one has an iPod going, and the other is on his cell phone. I see the old lady can't even reach the bar up top to hold on to, so she is preparing to cling to her husband, who is holding on for dear life.

So, being pretty pissed at this situation, I turn around to the kids and say "Why don't you let these people sit there". I even said it nicely. The kid with the iPod didn't even hear me, and the kid on the phone just glanced over but didn't even acknowledge my voice.

Now I am pissed. I go "HELLO!" IPod is still oblivious, and Cell Phone gives a sarcastic sigh, says "hold on" into the phone, and looks up and says "I'm on the phone". Right about now the train starts, with Mrs. Geriatric clinging on for dear life.

I tell Mr. Cell Phone "You need to give your seats to these two people. They need it more than you". It was obvious, but I guess it needed saying to these idiots.

His response? "Yo man we had to walk all the way across the terminal, we tired. We gonna get off on the next stop anyways". He goes back to the phone.

I was truly speechless. I had never experienced anything like it before. I wanted to smear that asshole's face into the window. YOU'RE TIRED?!?!?!

All I could do is just stare in amazement for the next 30 seconds until the next train stop, because if I touched them, my journey would end at DFW. The train stops, they get up and the dude gives me that "whatcha gonna do" look as he walks off the train.

Pure asshole.

OK, my rant is over and my flight is boarding. I had to get that off of my chest. If this is what teenagers are like these days, we are screwed... and I was a teen not that long ago. I guess I was raised with better morals than they were.
It saddens me to read a post like this. I can only hope there are still people out there that believe in bringing up a child with manners. Kids think they deserve respect, but in reality they need to learn how to earn respect before it will be given.

I applaud you for trying though. Wish you could have done what was really going through your mind without the penality of actually doing it .
post #11 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyauch

I applaud you for trying though. Wish you could have done what was really going through your mind without the penality of actually doing it .
Yeah, forgot to mention, I've been close too. Good decision.
post #12 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 PM

It isn't just the youth that have gone downhill. Parents are afraid of their children these days. Too many people trying to be their children's friend instead of being a parent.
post #13 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Very typical of todays youth. If you doubt it, ask a teacher what they go through nowdays. Imagine having 30 of these punks in your class being assholes, jerks, rude, etc and you cannot do a damn thing about it. When you do you get the rath of the administration and the parents. Its a shitty situation, and with what teachers are paid its even more of a slap in the face. Just think in 20 years what these teens children are going to be like I'm in my early 30's and was raised right, with a swift kick in the ass for doing something wrong. Nowdays that "abuse" and "stiffling their creativity." It all starts with the parents, ans the parents of the last 15 years have sucked.
post #14 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 PM

Kids are also taught in school about child abuse. Probably not taught it correctly.

My kids threatened to call CSS on me once. Handed them the phone and said, "Go ahead. Live your life in a foster home". That threat never came from their lips again.

'Rents need to get their **** together.
post #15 of 64 Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 PM

In 20 years, these teens are going to be teachers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page