It's good to be short I guess.... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 6:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-01-2001
Posts: 12,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
             
It's good to be short I guess....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/26/ju....ap/index.html
ConqSoft is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 6:55 PM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Oh-my-God....



luvtolean is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 6:57 PM
 
Join Date: 02-07-2002
Posts: 10,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

What about special treatment for tall people?
Everywhere you go, the whole fukking world is designed for short people.
I think being tall should be a disability and tall people should be granted all the special priviledges afforded short people.
BDA116 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 6:58 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 05-01-2001
Posts: 12,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
             
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Oversized penises also. My penis is way too large for me to go to prison.
ConqSoft is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 7:13 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

I didn't know there was an organization I could join just for being short, NOSSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
What about special treatment for tall people?
Everywhere you go, the whole fukking world is designed for short people.
I think being tall should be a disability and tall people should be granted all the special priviledges afforded short people.
where the hell do I get special treatment?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
Oversized penises also. My penis is way too large for me to go to prison.
so you're saying you don't wanna hurt the other inmate's brown eyes.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 7:13 PM
 
Join Date: 06-22-2001
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
         
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

How about all those weak people that can not defend them selves in Prison they should not have to go either
Purpdust is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 7:32 PM
 
sheepofblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-13-2004
Location: Huntsville AL
Posts: 14,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48
                     
Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

I think the judge should be given the 10 years

Must obey the sheep dog
sheepofblue is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 8:16 PM
 
maxib's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-20-2002
Location: MN
Age: 68
Posts: 1,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23
         
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Now, now...let's give the judge the benefit of the doubt for a sec. Yes, she was thinking of his welfare and rehabilitation knowing he would be electronically monitored, and whereabouts known 24 hours a day so he could not interact with 12 year old children, and the councellors and therapists could interact whenever convenient. It's amazing what fantastic progress can be made these days to turn around deviant behavior through therapy. Tools such as group sessions, mentoring, psychologic guidance, understanding and compassion have come a long way to rehabilitate people like this. So have the tried and true tools such as baseball bats, billy clubs, chains and steel toed boots. Perhaps the judge understands these necessary treatments could turn a worthless dreg of humanity into a productive and valued citizen, and that's why 10 years electronic surveillance and therapy was ordered. Think of it more as a benefit for the therapy team knowing where to meet this guy for sessions. I am certain that's what the judge thought when she sentenced him.

On the other hand I have to admit, he would never survive ten years in prison. If I were the judge, I would only given him 1 year with early probation. There would be only one stipulation. So as not to get knocked over in the stampede to the mess hall, he would have to wear a bright yellow shirt with 'Child Molester' on the front and 'Pedophile' on the back so people would notice him. Yeah I think 10 years is too much. One year or less should do the trick and payback society!

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.
maxib is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 8:24 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxib
Now, now...let's give the judge the benefit of the doubt for a sec. Yes, she was thinking of his welfare and rehabilitation knowing he would be electronically monitored, and whereabouts known 24 hours a day so he could not interact with 12 year old children, and the councellors and therapists could interact whenever convenient. It's amazing what fantastic progress can be made these days to turn around deviant behavior through therapy. Tools such as group sessions, mentoring, psychologic guidance, understanding and compassion have come a long way to rehabilitate people like this. So have the tried and true tools such as baseball bats, billy clubs, chains and steel toed boots. Perhaps the judge understands these necessary treatments could turn a worthless dreg of humanity into a productive and valued citizen, and that's why 10 years electronic surveillance and therapy was ordered. Think of it more as a benefit for the therapy team knowing where to meet this guy for sessions. I am certain that's what the judge thought when she sentenced him.

On the other hand I have to admit, he would never survive ten years in prison. If I were the judge, I would only given him 1 year with early probation. There would be only one stipulation. So as not to get knocked over in the stampede to the mess hall, he would have to wear a bright yellow shirt with 'Child Molester' on the front and 'Pedophile' on the back so people would notice him. Yeah I think 10 years is too much. One year or less should do the trick and payback society!
read it again, he only has to wear the anklet for 4 months.

I say lock him up. if the criminals already incarcerated look down on pedophiles as the lowest forms of life that says something.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 8:29 PM
 
Join Date: 01-27-2003
Posts: 5,397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
           
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

lock his ass up and put one of those bike flags on his ass so no one steps on him.
Mojave954 is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 8:54 PM
 
sheepofblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-13-2004
Location: Huntsville AL
Posts: 14,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48
                     
Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

So CBR929RE and CBRVFR can basically do as they please...

Must obey the sheep dog
sheepofblue is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 9:42 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue
So CBR929RE and CBRVFR can basically do as they please...
no I don't think thats it at all. This judge sees the fact that other inmates will probably want to kill this guy (that priest Goeghan was killed in prison for being a pedofile) and he probably doesn't stand much of a chance in defending himself.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 05-26-2006, 10:48 PM
 
Join Date: 05-26-2001
Posts: 4,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
             
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
no I don't think thats it at all. This judge sees the fact that other inmates will probably want to kill this guy (that priest Goeghan was killed in prison for being a pedofile) and he probably doesn't stand much of a chance in defending himself.
So? Do the crime pay the time. Time in this case is spent in general population. Deal with it.
nhfirefighter13 is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 05-27-2006, 12:20 AM
 
Join Date: 05-09-2003
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                   
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

I knew I'd be hearing about this..

The judge is totally off base. Incarceration for these crimes is totally appropriate. If the inmate is in danger, the wardens can put him in protective custody or solitary confinement or whatever.

Why should this asshole receive more consideration and protection against larger predators than he afforded his victim?

How's this as a solution? Have the victim's family contact me. I'll pay the shitbird a visit, and bust him up. SInce he's an inch taller than I am, I should skate when it gets to court....


Sorted!
CBRVFR is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 05-27-2006, 1:02 AM
 
Join Date: 08-01-2001
Posts: 14,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: It's good to be short I guess....

I've got some frequent flier miles for ya.



luvtolean is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's good to be Albertan phobiaphobe Canada 43 05-15-2011 8:08 PM
Guess who might be going to WSB next year.... firebladetoronto Road Racing: Professional 14 01-13-2006 12:06 PM
It's going to be a boy! TraumaOne Off-Topic 19 12-20-2005 10:00 AM
It's going to be hard for me to root for this rider... CBRVFR Politics 0 11-26-2003 4:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome