Need me a car... - Page 3 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 6:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Need me a car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
But for normal driving save your $$$ as the power is all at high RPM and you give up mileage. Oh and mine with a blower kit will spank a GT
Add a blower to the GT and make it apples to apples.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 6:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116 View Post
Add a blower to the GT and make it apples to apples.
Blower kit doesn't fit GTs

Consider what HD says ND and think on it. You have a bad taste from the hassles with your Focus (and I hate them) but is it the correct choice? Or the feel good choice? Paid for auto is what you should be aiming for and this doesn't sound like a step in that direction

Must obey the sheep dog
post #33 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 8:10 PM

My wife has a Vibe. She really likes it. It is slow as molasses in the winter tho. Have you looked into an xB? My brother-in-law has one and it is really slick. Holds a lot of stuff, but so does an Element. I like the rubber floor in the Element, very easy to clean when you get all your dirt bike gear out after a long weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridered View Post
My wife has a Vibe. She really likes it. It is slow as molasses in the winter tho....

post #35 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 9:47 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe View Post
The 3.5 Honda V6 uses a belt.
...and is only used in the Vue Redline models afaik.

why put off today what you can wake up late and forget to do tomorrow.

GPS Discussion Forums - Don't ask, know
post #36 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy-Dee View Post
I think you should be more honest w/ yourself. The Focus ain't that bad. So it takes a long time to start occasionally. Big deal. It starts and has never stranded you. It is also all of those other things on your list. Basically you are trying to sell your car and buy that same damn car.

I think you sold your bike and now you want a new toy. Why did you sell the bike? Remember what you told me? Keep the Focus and avoid the bath. If the reason you sold the bike is true, than you can't afford to do otherwise.

HD
Hasn't stranded me yet. If I was shopping for a new toy I wouldn't be looking for an econobox, I'd go to the closest Suby dealer and sign on the dotted line for a WRX. You're right in that I'm looking for pretty much the same car, except I want one that I know I can trust. I had the RF wheelbearings replaced at ~22k, and now at 34k they're starting to make noise again.

I've gone to a dealer to look at a Fit, but they didn't have any. What they did have is a waiting list about 6 deep wanting to buy one, so the chance of me getting a test drive in one without buying is pretty slim. It's definitely a cool little car for $15k though.
post #37 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD View Post
Hasn't stranded me yet.
Have you looked around to see how many people drive cars that are waaaayyy worse than yours?

If you get stranded, what's the big deal? You have no kids, wife, whatnot. And you have friends/family that could help you out in the situation.

Quote:
I had the RF wheelbearings replaced at ~22k, and now at 34k they're starting to make noise again.
Still cheaper than a car payment.

Toys come in all shapes and sizes. I still think you are just looking for something new.

How many cars will this make for you? 13?

HD

Last edited by Heavy-Dee; 08-01-2006 at 10:43 PM.
post #38 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 10:18 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Either the Passat or A4 with the 2.0T Engine. Gets over 30mpg and with good performance when you need it.

"and when I gun the engine I want it to sound like the world is coming to an end" -Homer Simpson
post #39 of 90 Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean View Post
Actually, if the budget allows, I was going to recommend the A3, we looked at it real hard and I am a fan.
I have a roommate and a friend who both drive tow trucks, and they say they get more calls for Audis by far compared to anything else.

They may be fun to drive, as long as they are running.
post #40 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

Quote:
I've gone to a dealer to look at a Fit, but they didn't have any. What they did have is a waiting list about 6 deep wanting to buy one, so the chance of me getting a test drive in one without buying is pretty slim. It's definitely a cool little car for $15k though.
Put a deposit on one and make the salesman write "subject to test drive" on the offer to purchase. When it comes in, you drive it and if you don't like it you get your deposit back.

Not much margin in those cars (maybe 1500) and if there's a waiting list there's no way they'll let you haggle.... But you could probably get them to throw in the block heater, floor mats, hood guard etc. And don't let them sell based on a payment. Make sure you get full disclosure, MSRP, interest rate, term, residual, etc.

And then there's this asshole...
post #41 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Have you looked around to see how many people drive cars that are waaaayyy worse than yours?

If you get stranded, what's the big deal? You have no kids, wife, whatnot. And you have friends/family that could help you out in the situation.

Toys come in all shapes and sizes. I still think you are just looking for something new.

How many cars will this make for you? 13?

HD
Weren't you the one telling me not too long ago that you were thinking of dumping your wife's Cavalier because one of the wheels doesn't hold air because the aluminum wheel is corroding and because you had to safety wire some of the body cladding back on? Isn't $1k for a set of wheels/tires(probably pretty nice ones for that price) and some safety wire cheaper than a car payment?
post #42 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe View Post
Put a deposit on one and make the salesman write "subject to test drive" on the offer to purchase. When it comes in, you drive it and if you don't like it you get your deposit back.

Not much margin in those cars (maybe 1500) and if there's a waiting list there's no way they'll let you haggle.... But you could probably get them to throw in the block heater, floor mats, hood guard etc. And don't let them sell based on a payment. Make sure you get full disclosure, MSRP, interest rate, term, residual, etc.
I'm gonna call around to a few area dealers. Somebody has got to have one on the lot.
post #43 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
You have no kids, wife, whatnot. And you have friends/family that could help you out in the situation.
Toys come in all shapes and sizes. I still think you are just looking for something new. How many cars will this make for you? 13?

You are way out of line, dude. And the fact that you bring up a conversation that you and he had privately, and then implying that his reason for selling his bike might not be true...WTF??? Where do you get off giving him that kind of grief?
post #44 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Weren't you the one telling me not too long ago that you were thinking of dumping your wife's Cavalier because one of the wheels doesn't hold air because the aluminum wheel is corroding and because you had to safety wire some of the body cladding back on? Isn't $1k for a set of wheels/tires(probably pretty nice ones for that price) and some safety wire cheaper than a car payment?
First we aren't talking about me.

Second, you and I are in drastically different financial situations.

Third, my wife deserves a nicer car.

You aren't being honest w/ yourself dude.

HD
post #45 of 90 Old 08-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
You are way out of line, dude. And the fact that you bring up a conversation that you and he had privately, and then implying that his reason for selling his bike might not be true...WTF??? Where do you get off giving him that kind of grief?

I disagree. I'm being honest. ND needs someone to be brutally honest w/ him in this situation.

I brought up a private converstaion, but not the details of it. I don't think that is out of line. I'm just reminding him of it. The argument for one, doesn't compute w/ the argument for the other, so what am I to think?

Helping him buy another car (which is the same as the one he has) doesn't seem like the "friend" thing to do. Call me crazy, but I'd rather see him do the financially sound thing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page