Stegen, you’re not alone! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Re: Stegen, you’re not alone!

Don’t feel bad, I once had a $5,500 lesson (in 94) Long story short- This guy wanted me to go in on a business with him and if I INVESTED 5,500 he would make me a manager and I would receive more commission off the sales. I had no clue to the world what he was really doing, but it ended up being a multi-level marketing company called Equinox. Well, little did I know that…

A) The sales I would have to do
B) The money I invested went for 'environmentally safe' products that I had to sell
C) Then they wanted me to get all my friends and family to invest money into 'MY' company

I had no idea what Amway or Conklin or even Avon was at the time.

-Pyramid 'schemes'

Oh well, I learned about them the hard way and will NEVER do MLM business AGAIN!!!

Good Luck Stegen, yours is a different situation but you need to learn from it and move on. We can only blame ourselves for the actions we take.

Rob

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 1:10 PM

Reputation Power: 0

i got taken by an ex for like 16000 i tried to be cheap with insurance for my truck and put it in her name we broke up like 6 months later bye bye truck furk
post #3 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 1:31 PM

I'm out ~5000$ from trying to be a nice guy and lending the $$ to an ex (not at the time). Yes I had her sign something and no it's not worth it to go after her. NEVER again...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 2:40 PM

Reputation Power: 32

Don't get me started on Equinox...
Aren't they out of business now, because of shady financial stuff or some such? Seems to me I read that awhile back..
post #5 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 2:46 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Keep an eye out for 'World Financial Group'... a legal (although in my opinion shady and cult-like) pyramid schemed company that sells mutual funds and life insurance. Put up your guard as soon as you hear the letters WFG.

I have lost about 4 friends to this scheme, they are all showing 'cult-like' behaviours... frightening.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #6 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 3:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
HondaGalToo : Don't get me started on Equinox...
Aren't they out of business now, because of shady financial stuff or some such? Seems to me I read that awhile back..
Yes, for your reading enjoyment click here

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
post #7 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Rigger : i got taken by an ex for like 16000 i tried to be cheap with insurance for my truck and put it in her name we broke up like 6 months later bye bye truck furk
Wasnt the Title in your name? The main carrier on the insurance policy doesnt mean jack about who owns the vehicle.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 3:50 PM

Back in the mid-80s, I got taken for $500 bucks in a pyramid scheme. But only for a few days. When I figured out the whole deal, I went back to my 'friend,' punched him twice in the head...and got my money back.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 4:21 PM

Reputation Power: 20

On the other hand... a guy from my home town left his position as a java developer because he was making MORE money selling knives door-to-door! Crazy.

Jordan H.
The three most feared words in racing, "Powered by Honda".
post #10 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Pete : Back in the mid-80s, I got taken for $500 bucks in a pyramid scheme. *But only for a few days. *When I figured out the whole deal, I went back to my 'friend,' punched him twice in the head...and got my money back.
See? That's how you get things done!

I had a similar experience when I was about 18, though I was able to get my money back without punching anyone. A friend got me involved in what turned out to be a pyramid scheme. I can't remember the name of it, but a day or two after I signed up I saw a story about the company on TV on '60 Minutes' or something like that, which is almost never a good sign. Luckily I was able to call their main office and cancel my deal and get a full refund.
post #11 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 6:20 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I got ripped off for ten bucks for a dime bag when I was a kid. I don't know how long I waited for him to come back with it but it sure burned my ass. I knew him but he was bigger than me.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
post #12 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 6:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
CBRjack : I got ripped off for ten bucks for a dime bag when I was a kid. I don't know how long I waited for him to come back with it but it sure burned my ass. I knew him but he was gigger than me.

post #13 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 7:18 PM

Quote:
roadrunner954 : Quote (CBRjack @ Sep. 10 2003, 4:20pm)I got ripped off for ten bucks for a dime bag when I was a kid. I don't know how long I waited for him to come back with it but it sure burned my ass. I knew him but he was gigger than me.
thats way too funny

googoplexu naw i had a dui and a few driving while suspended , when i was like 18 19 ish. so my insurance was like 7500 a year for plpd , when i turned 21 and it didn't change i tried to get around it and get the girlfriend to insure it. even with me on the title of and living with her in the same house she couldn't insure any thing cheap so she said she lived alone and the truck was in her name . any thing that had my name on it cost 300% surcharges right of the top
post #14 of 14 Old 09-10-2003, 7:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

A buddy of min elost about $5000 aussue (when the Aussie was worth about 80 US cents) with some group that sold you some scam about getting half priceworld travel and accom for the rest of your life. He tried to get me into it, bu tI just told him I ain't got $5k. For 5K I can have a nice little holiday thank you very much. Anyway, funny thing is, this guy is damn good at scamming stuff himself, always gets second hand stuff form people at prices well below what they are worth.

Karma.

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page