Sunday AM firearm forum - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 9:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Sunday AM firearm forum

Ok, I looked and can't find this one so I am going to ask it!
Out of any firearms you own or have owned, what you would you say is your favourite? And why?
Mine has to be the Marlin model 39A lever action .22 rifle I got from my dad.
I have plinked, hunted, and used it for target work. I have had alot of more "interesting" firearms, but I really enjoy that one!

Conquer yourself rather than the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 10:14 AM

Reputation Power: 0

post #3 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 10:23 AM

Reputation Power: 42

Re: Sunday AM firearm forum

Breaking a semi-rigid personal rule here by posting in a firearm thread...

I own/have owned some "interesting" guns as well, but my favorites are not very distinquished either...

Rossi pump 22LR (Winchester clone) that I got when I was around 8 years old, but couldn't keep in my room til I was 10. This gun went with me everywhere as a kid, field, woods, school for show & tell...
It survived a rough childhood, and a Kansas tornado, but still shoots beautifully, and I enjoy plinking with it to this day...

Remington Nylon 66 - (green one) This gun belonged to my grandfather, and survived some serious rough treatment including being run over by a pickup. Brings back some strong memories to handle this gun...

Remington Nylon 66 - (black/chrome one) This gun belonged to my grandmother, she bought it as a companion plinker to my grandfather's greenie. My grandmother was quite an athlete and outdoor fanatic...she could shoot the lights out...

Savage(?) 22LR/410 over-under. This gun travelled many miles in the bottom of a canoe, and always came out firing. It was involved in a major ass-beating of all related parties, when an undisclosed sibling shot the window out of a farm truck in the junkyard... Whereabouts of this one are unknown today, it was confiscated and lost in the shuffle...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 11:12 AM

Springfield 1911 .45

Gift from my old man.
post #5 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Red Rider BB gun.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Yep...that would hurt ya!

Reputation Power: 19

Oh boy.....guns!

I have a favorite pistol and I have a favorite rifle:

1. My Ruger SP101 .357 has to be my favorite pistol.

2. My .22 Hornet is my favorite rifle. I once shot a Jack Rabbit at 100+ yards from left to right with NO lead time. Shot him right in the head. What a gun!

Honestly - I like ALL my guns. They're even more likable when some liberal is ranting about a new gun law. That's when I go out a buy another one.

"....and people in hell want ice water".
post #7 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116 View Post
Red Rider BB gun.
Never had a Red Ryder like the rich kids...
Had a Daisy 1894 lever action instead...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #8 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:25 PM

Reputation Power: 33

SAR 1 or my 10/22

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #9 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:35 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech View Post
Breaking a semi-rigid personal rule here by posting in a firearm thread...

I own/have owned some "interesting" guns as well, but my favorites are not very distinquished either...

Rossi pump 22LR (Winchester clone) that I got when I was around 8 years old, but couldn't keep in my room til I was 10. This gun went with me everywhere as a kid, field, woods, school for show & tell...
It survived a rough childhood, and a Kansas tornado, but still shoots beautifully, and I enjoy plinking with it to this day...

Remington Nylon 66 - (green one) This gun belonged to my grandfather, and survived some serious rough treatment including being run over by a pickup. Brings back some strong memories to handle this gun...

Remington Nylon 66 - (black/chrome one) This gun belonged to my grandmother, she bought it as a companion plinker to my grandfather's greenie. My grandmother was quite an athlete and outdoor fanatic...she could shoot the lights out...

Savage(?) 22LR/410 over-under. This gun travelled many miles in the bottom of a canoe, and always came out firing. It was involved in a major ass-beating of all related parties, when an undisclosed sibling shot the window out of a farm truck in the junkyard... Whereabouts of this one are unknown today, it was confiscated and lost in the shuffle...
Ha ha, I've got a Nylon 66-(Plastic wood)

I think my Favorite is my Model 77 Winchester 30-30 (Also voted most likely to turn your shoulder a into a nice shade of purple)
But my Yugoslavian made SKS w/ bayonett and grenade launcher is a close second.

Ride Red
post #10 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:37 PM

Glock 19... Best disposable gun ever!

Reliable like a Honda, inexpensive and 9mm ammo is cheap.

My favorite gun I am hoping to inherit is a Winchester lever action 30-30 model 1894.
post #11 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 PM

Well, I have had the pleasure of firing lots of exciting weapons paid for with your tax dollars. Probably my favorite is tied between the M2 .50 cal or the Mk 19 Mod 3 Automatic Grenade Launcher.
post #12 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:53 PM

That's like asking which car is best.

The only gun I have that has some sentimental value, is also among the cheapest (though I own one cheaper) a 10/22 Dad and I bought at a pawn shop on the way to the grandparent's ranch a long time ago. (back before gun owners were fingerprinted/registered like common criminals in Cali)

My 22/45 might be my favorite pistol to shoot, if cleaning the damned thing wasn't so utterly miserable and likely to draw blood.

My 9mm AR is probably my favorite gun to plink with...

The GF found her new favorite shooting yesterday, an M1 Carbine. (a gun I also really enjoy)

post #13 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 12:55 PM

Another vote for the 10/22 as a plinker...pretty iconic firearm...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
post #14 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketech View Post
Another vote for the 10/22 as a plinker...pretty iconic firearm...
Thanks for breaking your rule, I enjoyed your posts.

My 10/22 went everywhere with me after we moved out into the country too; including many times strapped on to my back on my YZ 80, or on the back of our ATC110. It's probably got more than 10,000 rounds through it, and has been the tool for many a new shooter. Earned my rifleshooting merit badge with the best group in the troop with it too.

When we first got it we still lived in the Bay Area so, it was only shot around the holidays or summers while up at the ranch...so this time of year, especially Thanksgiving day, is very equated with shooting.

post #15 of 19 Old 10-22-2006, 1:20 PM

Never really thought about it that way, but ditto on the holiday thing...
As kids, I guess the association was made due to it being bird hunting season, and being an act of putting food on the table...

Later when we moved to town, that turned into holiday plinking I guess...I'm guessing you used to do the post-Halloween Punkin' shoot as well?

If I recall correctly, I got my riflery merit badge with an old Montgomery Ward bolt action...

Edit:
Laughing at the MC connection...I rode a few miles with a gun strapped to my back on a dirtbike (RM80) as well....but it was my buddy's...my folks determined that motorcycles were too dangerous for us kids... This notion that a kid was safe in the field all day with a gun, but not on an MC probably seems pretty funny by today's measure...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800

Last edited by Baketech; 10-22-2006 at 1:24 PM. Reason: Stream of conciousness....LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page