Winter Weekend Getaway - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 3:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to QuikMike
Winter Weekend Getaway

The wife and I are looking for a good place to visit over the course of a weekend to have a sort of a "romantic weekend getway" Dec. 8-11th....we were thinking NYC, but she wants to stay in the city and it's just too damn pricey...was in Vegas just last weekend and I don't think one of the girls from Club Sapphire recognizing me with the wife and asking me if I want another lap-dance would be a good idea......I know there are probably a ton of other places to visit, but I am not a rich guy, so I have to stick to a budget...any ideas anyone? what about San Fran? Chicago maybe? think romantic...help a brotha out...

"Make your next move your best move"

-The King of the South, T.I.-

My BlogSpace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 3:50 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

Re: Winter Weekend Getaway

I must have missed a lot. You remarried?

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #3 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 3:57 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

Banff.

And then there's this asshole...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 3:58 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikMike View Post
The wife and I are looking for a good place to visit over the course of a weekend to have a sort of a "romantic weekend getway" Dec. 8-11th....we were thinking NYC, but she wants to stay in the city and it's just too damn pricey...was in Vegas just last weekend and I don't think one of the girls from Club Sapphire recognizing me with the wife and asking me if I want another lap-dance would be a good idea......I know there are probably a ton of other places to visit, but I am not a rich guy, so I have to stick to a budget...any ideas anyone? what about San Fran? Chicago maybe? think romantic...help a brotha out...
Not sure if you'd want to do the Canada route (but it is cheaper consdiering your money is worth more, so keep that in mind) if you want a really romantic place to go try Le Grand Lodge. It's 5 minutes away from Mont Tremblant Mountain. Everything there is english or billingual since they cater to alot of tourists and it's a nice place to go and get away for a weekend. I've gone twice a year since I was 8 and stayed at this hotel. Give that a shot. I know there's a day spa about 15 minutes away too plus the one on site. Not to mention Tremblant Mountain has been named best ski resort on this side of the country 7 years in a row. Hope this helps

Mont Tremblant Hotel and Resort - Le Grand Lodge Mont Tremblant Canada

Last edited by f1_hurricane; 11-10-2006 at 4:12 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 4:08 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to QuikMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblade View Post
I must have missed a lot. You remarried?

LOL....no, the wife and I started down the divorce road, but decided to give things another go...so, we are working on things....

"Make your next move your best move"

-The King of the South, T.I.-

My BlogSpace
post #6 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 4:28 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobiaphobe View Post
Banff.
Just yesterday Sunbert and I were talking about getting up to Banff sometime.

post #7 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 4:29 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikMike View Post
LOL....no, the wife and I started down the divorce road, but decided to give things another go...so, we are working on things....
Good to hear.

Now quit lookin' at me bum.

post #8 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 4:31 PM

Camano Island, Washington
This island's raw shores and rolling green pastures belie its one-hour-drive distance from Seattle. Here, the natural splendors of Puget Sound take center stage. The scenic performance unfolds from private decks off the inn's six simple but comfortable rooms (some with outdoor hot tubs). Sweeping silence and a goose-feather bed catalyze restful sleep. Heated bathroom floors ease chilly toes into the morning, which begins with a glorious cheese soufflé (or other mouthwatering egg dish) and strong coffee -- delivered to your room in a basket. If that's not enough decompression, the hot-stone massage will leave you swooning. Rates: $120-$225; (888) 718-0783 or Camano Island Inn, Bed and Breakfast & Lodging on Camano Island.

Ocean Haven
Yachats, Oregon
This rustic, two-story, five-unit charmer keeps getting better, and the ocean roar and spectacle from its high, isolated promontory is unsurpassed. Owners Bill James and Christie DeMoll help guests maximize their autumn hikes, winter storm-gazing, spring whale-watching or summer tide-pooling. Christie recently refurbished the already-pristine units, "and we elevated most of the beds, so you don't even have to sit up to keep an eye on the ocean," she says. Ocean Haven's new Eatin' Inn minigrocery sells organic meal choices guests can easily prepare in the units' kitchens. Ten percent of inn proceeds goes to ocean-conservation groups. Rates: $85-$150 ($20 more per person in units with three or four guests); (541) 547-3583 or Oregon Coast Lodging and Cabin: Ocean Haven Near Yachats, Oregon.

The Cliffs Resort
Shell Beach, California
On this beachy-keen Central Coast of flip-flops and surfboards, you're OK strolling across the lobby's marble floor with sand on your feet. In fact, pets may track through as well: They can be guests on the ground floor. Locals head to the Cliffs for its popular happy hour. Many linger for the chef's pistachio-crusted halibut at the resort's Sea Cliffs restaurant. Despite 165 rooms, the hotel exudes an aura of intimacy and natural attachment to its land- and seascape. To enjoy this terrain, follow the undulating Shell Beach Bluffs Walking Path nearby. Rates: $119-$399; (805) 773-3555 or The Cliffs Resort | A Central Coast Beachfront Oasis | Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, San Luis Obispo.

The Red Inn
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Smack on Provincetown Harbor, the small inn keeps serene distance (a pleasant 10-minute walk) from the town's tourist throng. The quintessential cottage style spells "New England" -- in soft cherry rather than customary white or yellow. Welcoming weary travelers since its 1805 construction, the property showed wear when new owners bought it in 2001. Their stunning makeover brought upscale flair to the eight guest quarters but left the architectural bones intact. All rooms have handsome private baths, expansive harbor views and waterfront decks. Noise from the cozy harborside bar and dining room can waft to guests in the Cape Light guest room, but the restaurant's lobster-corn chowder, panko-crusted shrimp and pan-roasted local cod make amends. Rates: $135-$350 (the cottage and residence are available weekly, $1,395-$3,118); (866) 473-3466 or Welcome to The Red Inn at Provincetown, Massachusetts.

The Inn at Perry Cabin
St. Michaels, Maryland
Giant linden trees line a brick drive that transports you from busy Route 33 to a world of Colonial, maritime elegance. Gleaming white architecture and lush landscaping gracefully occupy the hotel's 25 acres on a Chesapeake Bay tributary. Inside, it takes a day just to peruse the absorbing collections amassed here. Exquisite oyster plates ornament the main dining room. Dozens of shell etchings mark one passage. Along another, black-and-white nautical photographs take you on a visual sail around Maryland's Eastern Shore. For dining, Executive Chef Mark Salter's imaginative creations show off regional fare. Rates: $195-$625; (800) 722-2949 or Inn at Perry Cabin Hotel, St Michaels, Maryland overlooking Chesapeake Bay this luxury Inn is known as the finest hotel on the Eastern Shore.

The Inn at Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Among the many things to like about this iconoclast -- a touch of boutique Mediterranean style amid redundant hotel chains -- perhaps what's most fun is breakfast. In the Spanish-tiled dining room, open to hibiscus-filled grounds and beachfront, nearly all guests stop by the Egg Bar. Practical and whimsical, it's set with an electric pot of boiling water, a chilled bowl of uncooked eggs (their shells numbered in pencil for ID in the pot) and directions for using classic, low-tech timers. Elsewhere, all 50 guest rooms face the beach and have balcony views to NASA's rocket launch pad. A suite of public sitting rooms displays wine and decorative items for sale. And everyone talks to the mascots: Tucker, Murphy, Tango and Tangee -- two dogs and two macaws, respectively. Rates: $125-$325 (includes breakfast); (800) 343-5307 or Welcome to The Inn At Cocoa Beach.

The Aerie
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
A half-hour beyond Victoria, check into the Aerie for a perch over Finlayson Arm that only a seaplane could match. The Olympic Mountains and Pacific fjord views from this Relais & Chateaux hotel fall nothing short of spectacular. Interiors dazzle as well, with fine upholstery and tasteful amenities. Though posh to its core, the 35-room resort mirrors the warmth and friendliness of Maria Schuster, who created her dream-come-true hotel here in 1991. For fine dining, don't miss the talents of Executive Chef Christophe Letard. But also allow time for a day trip to the Cowichan Valley below. There, in what's called "Canada's Provence," you can visit wineries, artisan cheesemakers, herb farms, salmon smokers and numerous other foodie havens. Rates: $195-$995 Canadian; (250) 743-7115 or Vancouver Island Resort.

Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Sausalito, California
Staggered up the Sausalito hillside, rooms at Casa Madrona present enchanting vistas of Richardson's Bay, Tiburon, Angel Island and Belvedere. Clear days yield views of Alcatraz and San Francisco proper. In addition to the inn's high-end amenities, the Historic Bay View rooms feature individually themed decor. For simple, modern ambience, ask for one of the recently renovated Contemporary Harbor View rooms. Dine at Poggio and savor scrumptious Italian fare with California flair. Rates: $109-$440; (800) 288-0502 or San Francisco Luxury Hotels, California Bay Area Inns & Reservations - Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa.

Seagrove Villas
Seagrove Beach, Florida
With six circa-1949 cottages and two low-rise buildings, this classic Florida inn makes for a comfortable, affordable option on the pricey Panhandle. Near the much-lauded town of Seaside, the humble compound accesses the same emerald-striped water and baby-powder beaches from its bluff-top perch. The place lends instant gratification to those who relish a beachside Florida vacation that feels like the 1950s. "We're one of the last properties in the area that hails from that era," says manager Nikki Floyd. The pool stays heated November through March, as off-season rates drop dramatically. Year-round, the property's bikes allow guests to wheel down the road to Seaside's architectural wonders, shops and eateries. But everyone's happy to return to the lodgings, each with all-you-need amenities -- cable TV, stereo, refrigerator, and, of course, patios or decks with that view of the jewel-tone Gulf. Rates: $82-$290; (800) 336-4853 or Seagrove Villas, Seagrove Beach Florida Vacation Rentals

Last edited by onevcs; 11-10-2006 at 4:41 PM.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 4:33 PM

Actually the Warwick in NYC is pretty reasonable, but you have to call them and mention the "Romantic Holiday" aspect.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 7:24 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Right in your own backyard, the Grove Park Inn is one of our favorites. Ask for a room in the old inn, it's a nice trip back in time. A favorite of many. If you cannot get cozy in front of the two fireplaces in the lobby, something is very wrong with you. The food is good and I think the Inn (much larger than you think) will be decorated with about 75 huge Christmas trees at that time of the year. The Biltmore Estate is nearby, and you must go see it, as it should also be decorated for Christmas.

Check it out! This place is meant for quality time for a couple to relax and focus on each other. (The golf course isn't bad either, but you don't want to mess with that now!)

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.
post #11 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 7:41 PM

Reputation Power: 33

Sybaris - Romantic Getaways in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #12 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 7:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The only way some stripper from the Sapphire will recognize you is if you go back there.
But, how expensive are you talking?
Here are a couple:
Luxury Link Fixed-Price Detail
Luxury Link Fixed-Price Detail
post #13 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 8:02 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

Banff Springs Hotel: The Fairmont Banff Springs - Banff Springs Resort

And then there's this asshole...
post #14 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 8:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You could always stay here as well. It's a killer hotel.
Colorado Resort, Estes Park Hotel, Luxury Colorado Resort | The Stanley Hotel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page