Help me convince a friend! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Re: Help me convince a friend!

ok, my best friend is a ####ing idiot. He's been seeing this girl (bitch) for almost a year and they are planning on going to vegas next spring and get married. What the ####! She is the most miserable person I know, does nothing but nag him, controls the living #### out of him, and is fugly on top of it all (so he's certainly not in it for the sex???) I don't know what to do. I hate to see him with her but don't feel like it's my place to tell him to ditch the bitch. They fight more than they get along.

Here's a few examples of the bitchiness, she told him if he goes to any gentlemens clubs or gets any strippers for his bachelor party she will not marry him??

That's not even the worst, she is so ####ing controlling she watches the credit card statements to see what he's spending money on. Big deal you say, well we were working (In Massachusetts) and got off a few hours early so we drove to a friends house in New Hampshire to say hi, he stopped at a gas station in NH to get gas and within 10 minutes of leaving the gas station she called and was bitching about what the #### we were doing in NH. She sits on her fat ugly ass all day and checks the online statements to see where he is. I'd ####ing shoot the bitch in the head if it were me.

She ####ing calls every day at 5:10 (she gets out of work at 5 and it takes her 10 minutes to get home) and asks when he'll be home because she's home and he should be there waiting for her, WHAT THE ####!!!! We own a cabin in the white mountains in NH where we go snowmobiling and ride our 4 wheelers, well he's not allowed to go anymore because she doesn't like my brother who goes with us! And he says, ok dear i'll stay home.

Sorry, I know this is long and I said #### alot but this is bugging the #### out of me and the only reason I brought this up is because I had to stay home and drink beer tonight because he couldn't go out because she had a headache, that is SUCH BULLSHIT!!!

What do I do, I hate to lose my best friend but I can't stand his BITCH and she never lets him do anything. (Not to mention she bitches to everyone)!!!

Thanks for the space!

Mark
NREMT-B

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home beermaking course, and I forgot how to drive?" - Homer J. Simpson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 10:48 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Good luck,I've seen guys and girls in similar situations and they won't listen to anyone,they have to learn the hard way.

01 929 red/black
post #3 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 11:00 PM

The only advice is really sitting down and voicing your concerns, letting him know in a nonconfrontational way how you feel, with out calling her a B*tch, but in relationships like that they DO usually have to learn the hardway. And there is a good chance you might loose a friend. Hopefully someone else can give you some better advice, I'm not too experienced with this kind of thing.

Long time ago my ex and I had a friend that starting dating a girl (already had 2 kids from previous men) pretty much like you describe above. Next think you know they are getting married. Well then at the ceremony when they were exchanging vows his line is 'I give my life to you...', You would think the correct thing for her to say is 'I give my life to you....' right?? HELLZ No....right there infront of EVERYONE she responds 'I accept your life' F*ck that!

Well she moves them down to Georgia, he's not allowed to watch any rated R movies, makes him cover his eyes if a hot chick is on tv, sells his Playstation and games, goes to his work and threatens all the women there if they talk to him about anything other than work. He's not even allowed to go visit his family...

It's sad when people get in relationships like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 11:00 PM

Reputation Power: 29

Sorry to say, but it sounds like you have already lost your friend - his choice too. She sounds like a real loser (I would personally have kicked her out of my life long ago) but if he is willing to put up with that blatant sh!t, sounds like they were made for each other. My condolences to your friend...

Here in Oz
post #5 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 11:27 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
2k2954 : Here's a few examples of the bitchiness, she told him if he goes to any gentlemens clubs or gets any strippers for his bachelor party she will not marry him??
There's your answer
post #6 of 23 Old 09-19-2003, 11:57 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ccwilli3 Send a message via Yahoo to ccwilli3

Quote:
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (2k2954 @ Sep. 19 2003, 10:42pm)Here's a few examples of the bitchiness, she told him if he goes to any gentlemens clubs or gets any strippers for his bachelor party she will not marry him??
There's your answer
Thats what I was thinking...

VEE DUBB in da house... representin deutchland!
post #7 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 2:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to thebackdraft

Quote:
ccwilli3 : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Sep. 19 2003, 11:27pm)Quote (2k2954 @ Sep. 19 2003, 10:42pm)Here's a few examples of the bitchiness, she told him if he goes to any gentlemens clubs or gets any strippers for his bachelor party she will not marry him??
There's your answer
Thats what I was thinking...
I concur. *But it is all about what he wants so if he has delt with it this long he will probably continue to do so. *Maybe he'll wake up somme day and smell what he's stepping in. *Good luck.

Alex, that woman just aint right.

I am a road warrior on the information superhighway. A ninja assassin in the rat race of life. A restless love machine doomed to bless the feminine hordes with the physical rapture that is me.

Regards,
Chris
post #8 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 2:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot

I had a friend in the same situation... You described him to a T. The girl worked at his bank, and she kept tabs on him by his debit card. He bought her birthday present and before he could get to the truck, she called asking what in the hell he spent $100 on.... All I can say is make sure he knows about safe sex, as that is what did my pal in. She got pregnant and that was it, they were married 2 months later.... So sad. Just try and talk him out of it.
Chris

Oh yeah, and send a couple of strippers to the house the next time they are going to 'stay at home for the evening'
Chris
post #9 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 4:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

simple solution. Don't give her the details to YOUR credit card.

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #10 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 4:50 AM

Reputation Power: 22

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Diablo

its a twist on what happens to a co-worker every fathers day.

Send him a card that says ' Congradualtions your a father!' signed anonymous. Mail it from some other town.

You might also want to duck and cover. Cus is about to hit the fan!

I worked with this one player guy and he would get a happy fathers day card on fathersday and its not signed fron anyone.
post #11 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 6:44 AM

Reputation Power: 20

How old is your friend? If he is under the age of 30 he shouldn't be getting married anyway.

Don't drive a hearse in the carpool lane.
F.D. 2844
post #12 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 8:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to ccwilli3 Send a message via Yahoo to ccwilli3

Does he want out or what? Or is he stupid and wants to hold on?? If he kinda halfway wants out, get a girl-friend from work or something to change his voicemail for him or answer his phone when he knows its her. heh heh

And by all means, keep the hat on his little man... Chicks like this like to get knocked up and throw the claws in you for 18 YEARS!

VEE DUBB in da house... representin deutchland!
post #13 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Had a friend go through a similar situation and no matter what I tried to tell him he didn't want to listen. Save your friendship...keep your mouth shut otherwise he'll start to resent you for it. Eventually he'll find out whether she's worth it or not, and still value you as a friend.

Unfortunately, when in love the little head seems to call the shots!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #14 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 12:01 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Send a message via AIM to HondaGal

It's your duty as his friend to tell him how you feel about his situation. *If you were in his shoes, you'd want him to do the same, wouldn't you?

Take him out and have a few and tell him how you feel about his situation. *Approach it in a positive light otherwise talking trash about his girlfriend will turn him off immeditely. *Tell him you're concerned about him. *He may also be more open to listening to you with a few cold ones in his system. *It's worth a try, at worst he can keep her...at best, you may open his eyes and help him get on with his life and dump the b!tc#. *That's what I would do. *If he's your true friend, he'll appreciate your concern for his wellbeing.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. *There are alot of options from everyone...do what you think is best. *

My $.05 *(extra for the rambling) *

edit: Heck, if he needs a woman to start calling him, I'll volunteer since it'll be for a good cause.

post #15 of 23 Old 09-20-2003, 12:03 PM

Reputation Power: 42

If all that fails...just tell him you've been shaggin it...
Problem solved....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page