Five children die in ATV accident - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 4:20 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage
Re: Five children die in ATV accident

Tragedy

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 4:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

What kind of '4 wheeler' will hold 6 kids at those ages?
post #3 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 4:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 4:37 PM

I'd assume it's a utility ATV, and one or two of them were sitting on the racks.
Sad, really. The last line of the report says exactly what I was thinking.
post #5 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 4:38 PM

Quote:
OntheEdge : Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Well, the kids *were* driving an ATV, overloaded, at night, illegally on a public road, not wearing safety gear...
post #6 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:20 PM

Quote:
BDA116 : I'd assume it's a utility ATV, and one or two of them were sitting on the racks.
Yep.

It's a tragedy, yes, but

where

the

were the parents?!
post #7 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:23 PM

Quote:
ConqSoft : Quote (OntheEdge @ Sep. 22 2003, 3:36pm)Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Well, the kids *were* driving an ATV, overloaded, at night, illegally on a public road, not wearing safety gear...
When I was in the mountains last month, I saw women riding 4wheelers up 4x4 roads above 11000 ft with INFANTS in car seats strapped to the rear racks of them. unbelievable.
post #8 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:24 PM

Reputation Power: 50

That's totally messed up. My stomach is in knots. Partially because I love kids, and partially because more then likely the parents were not properly supervising them. Every ATV I've ever seen has explicit instructions and bright-assed white/orange warning stickers that say people under the age of 16 should not operate it w/o proper supervision.
post #9 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:36 PM

It's not the parent's fault!
There is no such thing as personal responsibility or personal freedom. Haven't you heard it takes a village to raise a child?
The fault of this 'accident' lies squarely with the manufacturer of the ATV. They shouldn't make such dangerous machines. The kids and parents had no responsibility to make sure it was being ridden properly.
The manufacturer and society are to blame for this. Also, whichever bar served the alcohol to the driver, along with the brand of alcohol.
Just ask the worthless maggot trial lawyers that I'm sure are currently talking the family into this exact BS rght now.
post #10 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:42 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via Yahoo to firedawgon929

Quote:
2OHOH2954 : Quote (BDA116 @ Sep. 22 2003, 3:37pm)I'd assume it's a utility ATV, and one or two of them were sitting on the racks.
Yep.

It's a tragedy, yes, but

where

the

were the parents?!
My sentiments exactly ... wtf. The news is already burning this girl at the stake and no one even knows what happened but the one constant is that the parents were responsible for allowing it. The parents should be held just as equally responsible.

No matter how beautiful a woman may be, some man somewhere is sick of her sh!t.
post #11 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 5:44 PM

First of all I was shocked, then read the bit about them being on the public road & knew something was very wrong. The last line summed it up being : '---They shouldn't have been on that road after dark and they shouldn't have had that many kids' on the ATV.---'. Really proves that the parents are rather stupid I am sorry to say for the young 'uns.

Here in B.C. Canada sometimes they have kids underage with 125 enduro or MX bikes & a lot of trouble with them riding the gravel plublic roads (with farmers, home owners & logging rigs finding these kids often on the wrong side of the road) with no LB or DL & then the RCMP have to close down to where it is illegal to even walk a bike across the Public Road if one does not have a DL or LP of an insured bike & in that way it finally gets across to the rather dum parents that their kids are in danger & said motorbike they bought their son is not a toy after all. Fortunately such m/cs are solo & not a maze of other kids on a vehicles.
post #12 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 11:29 PM

Quote:
ConqSoft : Quote (OntheEdge @ Sep. 22 2003, 3:36pm)Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Exactaly. I see nothing tragic about this, its Darwin at work. I hope if I do anything as stupid and am killed, you all show up at my funeral and piss on my grave and call me a dumbass.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-22-2003, 11:50 PM

Quote:
G-Force Junkie : Quote (ConqSoft @ Sep. 22 2003, 12:38pm)Quote (OntheEdge @ Sep. 22 2003, 3:36pm)Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Exactaly. *I see nothing tragic about this, its Darwin at work. *I hope if I do anything as stupid and am killed, you all show up at my funeral and piss on my grave and call me a dumbass.
That's a bit harsh dude, they were KIDS, they won't know any better if the PARENTS don't educate them.
post #14 of 18 Old 09-23-2003, 12:26 AM

Quote:
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (G-Force Junkie @ Sep. 22 2003, 10:29pm)Quote (ConqSoft @ Sep. 22 2003, 12:38pm)Quote (OntheEdge @ Sep. 22 2003, 3:36pm)Very Very sad. Especially for the family who lost 2 kids. For the drivers sake I hope she wasn't drinking. I think she'll have a hard time living with herself after killing 5 kids.
Exactaly. *I see nothing tragic about this, its Darwin at work. *I hope if I do anything as stupid and am killed, you all show up at my funeral and piss on my grave and call me a dumbass.
That's a bit harsh dude, they were KIDS, they won't know any better if the PARENTS don't educate them.
Kids? Half of them were teenagers, one old enough to be in highschool. Your telling me that a 14, two 13, an 11 and a 10 year old are too young to understand that it is wrong to ride an overloaded atv, at night, illegally on a public roads, without safety gear?!?! Pull-ease. 9-11 was a tragety, dumb kids doing illegal, dumb things, getting hurt or killed is not a tragety. Sad, yes, tragic, nope. It could have been easly avoided.
post #15 of 18 Old 09-23-2003, 12:40 AM

Would you have thought of it at that age? If you would have, would you put the gear on and look like a dork, or go without it and be 'cool'?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page