Jason "Tye" Pratt's Funeral - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-23-2003, 8:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Jason "Tye" Pratt's Funeral

Today we laid Sgt. Jason 'Tye' Pratt to rest. About 1,300 officers representing nearly 100 agencies and another ~4,500 dignitaries, family, friends, and citizens attended ceremonies.

I snapped a few photos that I'd like to share.

A cop buddy, Jim Donahue from Inkster, MI (outside Detroit), and yours truly in the parking lot before picking up a cruiser and rallying with other officers for the ride downtown.

PIC

The 'Gauntlet of Honor' at the Civic Auditorium in downtown Omaha. I could have walked around and taken a half dozen pictures of this and not captured all the officers in attendance.

PIC

Longmont, CO, the most traveled cruiser I spotted today. That's my fiancée in the passenger seat of my black-and-white.

PIC

View inside one of the parking garages outside the Auditorium.

PIC

Various shots of the processional route, lined with overwhelmingly supportive citizens holding their hearts, saluting and waving flags.

PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC
PIC

The next two shots are of twin Omaha Fire Department aerial rigs with ladders crossed above the entrance to the cemetery, Old Glory hanging from the top rungs.

PIC
PIC

Our brother and sister firefighters were everywhere along the processional route and had a strong presence at the place we would lay Jason to rest.

PIC
PIC

The 'Gauntlet of Honor' at the cemetery. I snapped this photo early on in the assembly of uniformed cops. Within a half hour, it would become a sea of municipal police officers, deputies, and state troopers.

PIC

A tandem row of police motorcycle units numbering about forty. When this group of Police Harley Davidsons fired up and rumbled away in the funeral procession's lead, it shook the ground and made my skin crawl. Very moving.

PIC

(Equally moving were the three helos we had fly overhead in the 'Missing Man' formation, but I didn't get the camera aimed in time, nor did I get the 21-Gun Salute...chalk it up to the tears in my eyes.)

Jason's final farewell. *Rest in peace, brother.

PIC

I'm drained...and am glad it's over. This is the second co-worker and friend I've seen buried since '95, and it's two cop funerals too many as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks a million for your support you guys. It won't be forgotten.

Jeff aka Chain

PS- Here's a slideshow from the media:

LINK

Other media coverage can be seen at omaha.com and theomahachannel.com

PPS- I think I'm gonna take a break from the board for a few days guys, spend some time with the family and whatnot. Perhaps some miles aboard the bike will help clear the mind as well. I'll catch up to you all soon.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-23-2003, 9:25 PM

Very moving pics Chain. Look forward to having you back soon with a clearer head and a happier outlook on life. I know what you're going through, believe me I do, and it sucks more than anything else in life. Hang in there bro...
post #3 of 8 Old 09-23-2003, 9:34 PM

Going through something like this takes a lot out of you. The pictures capture the impact of Jason's death on the entire community. Take some time for yourself and enjoy your family and friends. Spend some time on your bike, and recharge the batteries a bit.

I'm glad it's over for you too. There's probably not a minute that has gone by that you havn't had this on your mind since the shooting.

Life still goes on for everyone except your friend. Take care Chain, and we'll talk whenever your ready to come back to the org.

Rest in peace Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-23-2003, 9:38 PM

Godspeed Officer Pratt

SS
post #5 of 8 Old 09-23-2003, 11:52 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Jeff, thanks for those pictures. Made me feel like I was there. Every single one of those pictures gave me the chills and sent shivers down my spine.

A big heartfelt thank you to you and all the other Policemen out there protecting us from such scum. I know it's not much, but I mean it. THANK YOU!!!
post #6 of 8 Old 09-24-2003, 9:57 AM

Brought tears to my eyes. I'm speechless.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-24-2003, 10:28 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Channel 7 had it all on TV (3 hours worth I guess), so I seen some of the services and Interment(sp) and it was as if I was there.

They said allot of people would complain about the news coverage cutting into their 'soaps' or their 'regularly sheduled programs'

You would have to be one pathetic cold hearted person to complain about missing your 'regular' shows because of the funeral of a man who was out there to protect his and 'YOURS' community.

I think the POS suspect who was shot at the seen got off way too easy...........

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
post #8 of 8 Old 09-24-2003, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
roadrunner954 : I think the POS suspect who was shot at the seen got off way too easy...........
Jeff / Chain

Thanks for giving us 'closure' with respect to this horrible incident, and for the dignified way you allowed us to share in your sorrow.

The way the people of Omaha responded was awesome. I hope it encourages better relations between the police and the community at large. I know that often there's an experiential barrier (us & them) that's hard to overcome on everyone's part.

Roadrunner954 - Believe me, there's no way this guy could have been tried and convicted in a way that would have brought the community together or maintained the dignity which has been properly accorded to Tye. It would have been a circus. If there's a hell, he's frying.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page