Ohio State vs. Florida - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 7:03 AM Thread Starter
SPY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY
Ohio State vs. Florida

So glad florida beat the **** out of Ohio!!!

Gators 41 Buckeyes 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 8:25 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to QuikMike
Re: Ohio State vs. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPY View Post
So glad florida beat the **** out of Ohio!!!

Gators 41 Buckeyes 14

even though I loathe the Gators, I loathe the Ohio State SUCKeyes even more....they got what they deserved...I am still steaming over that travesty from the 2002 season in which "The U" was robbed by OSU and the officials...they had this one coming....

"Make your next move your best move"

-The King of the South, T.I.-

My BlogSpace
post #3 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 8:29 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I am glad to see that Florida won. i dont watch much football, but i sat through halftime and went on to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 10:41 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikMike View Post
even though I loathe the Gators, I loathe the Ohio State SUCKeyes even more....they got what they deserved...I am still steaming over that travesty from the 2002 season in which "The U" was robbed by OSU and the officials...they had this one coming....
Still can't get over being beat by the better team, eh? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

And as an avid Buckeye fan, I give a sincere congratulations to the Gator Nation. They played a flawless game, and the Buckeyes played the absolute worst game of the Jim Tressel era. If they lined back up and played again today, I don't think the game would be a blowout, but Florida was very worthy of being in the title game and deserve to be National Champs.

My wife told me to kiss her where it smells. So I took her to Pittsburgh.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Send a message via MSN to hurricane249 Send a message via Yahoo to hurricane249

I think that if OS had played some real competition during the year they might have had a better chance. Outside of Michigan who did they play? Florida played a tough schedule in the best conference in the country and I think that prepared them better. One other thing too, speed kills. OS hasn't seen that kind of speed since the last time they lost to an SEC team in a bowl.

I am going to give props to Troy Smith though. He had a terrible game but showed a helluva lot of class in the post game interviews. It's nice to see that especially after having such a bad game.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 1:30 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawg View Post
And as an avid Buckeye fan, I give a sincere congratulations to the Gator Nation. They played a flawless game, and the Buckeyes played the absolute worst game of the Jim Tressel era. If they lined back up and played again today, I don't think the game would be a blowout, but Florida was very worthy of being in the title game and deserve to be National Champs.
Spoken like a true sportsman DevilDawg.

Among other things, I am a Florida Gator (and I have a piece of paper on the wall and a tassel to prove it). I was on edge the entire game, knowing what the Buckeyes are capable of doing on the field. For those that don't follow college ball, The Ohio State University Buckeyes defeated the Florida Gators earlier this season. I felt the game was over when the opening kickoff to OSU resulted in a touchdown, but the game proved my fears wrong.

Both teams played well. Whether the 51 day layoff for the Buckeyes was a big factor or whether their season gave them more confidence than deserved, I'll never know. However, I got a sense of doom in the pregame interviews when OSU coach was asked what he told his team. Whenever a coach tells a team to relax and just have fun has been the kiss of death in my experience, and I wasn't proven wrong last night. The time to have fun and relax is during the postgame victory celebration in my opinion. (However, I'm not sorry he said it!)

All three (yes three) quarterbacks were superb. I'm sorry that Ginn was out of the game so soon. Had he not been hurt, the game would have been much closer indeed.

I congratulate The Ohio State University football team on their undefeated season. Although there cannot be two champions, I think both teams deserve to stand together on the top box of the podium.

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 5:26 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxib View Post
Spoken like a true sportsman DevilDawg.

Among other things, I am a Florida Gator (and I have a piece of paper on the wall and a tassel to prove it). I was on edge the entire game, knowing what the Buckeyes are capable of doing on the field. For those that don't follow college ball, The Ohio State University Buckeyes defeated the Florida Gators earlier this season. I felt the game was over when the opening kickoff to OSU resulted in a touchdown, but the game proved my fears wrong.

Both teams played well. Whether the 51 day layoff for the Buckeyes was a big factor or whether their season gave them more confidence than deserved, I'll never know. However, I got a sense of doom in the pregame interviews when OSU coach was asked what he told his team. Whenever a coach tells a team to relax and just have fun has been the kiss of death in my experience, and I wasn't proven wrong last night. The time to have fun and relax is during the postgame victory celebration in my opinion. (However, I'm not sorry he said it!)

All three (yes three) quarterbacks were superb. I'm sorry that Ginn was out of the game so soon. Had he not been hurt, the game would have been much closer indeed.

I congratulate The Ohio State University football team on their undefeated season. Although there cannot be two champions, I think both teams deserve to stand together on the top box of the podium.
maxib, savor your well earned victory. I appreciate your reciprocation of sportsmanship. As a former Jacksonville resident, I have many, many Gator friends, who have lit up my VM mind you, and was happy to see them going up againt my beloved Buckeyes.

I would have liked to have had Ginn, too, but that's just how things happen sometimes. When a game like this takes place, you want to have both your best and your opponents best on the field. Only true way to settle things. But Coach Meyer and his staff put togehter a great gameplan, and his team executed it to perfection. Chris Leak saved his best for last, and, even as the opponent's fan, enjoyed watching him enjoy that. Those moments are few and far between, sometimes never for an athlete.

Congrats again, and we'll see you guys in the Final Four!

My wife told me to kiss her where it smells. So I took her to Pittsburgh.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-09-2007, 5:28 PM

Reputation Power: 21

We sent the best Buckeye team many of us have never seen. They were arguable better than the national championship team from '02, who also had a long layoff, if I recall correctly.

Heartfelt congrats to the Gators. They certainly deserve it. I just wish the Bucks would've given them a better game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page