Need help with AC in my car. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 7:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Need help with AC in my car.

I have a 94 olds achieva. The AC only blows hot air. I hear the compressor kick on so i know thats good. My dad put a bottle of r134a (i think thats what the number is) and it started to blow a little cooler (and i mean a little but there was a difference). the gauge said its got full pressure and we put a 2nd bottle on and it wouldnt take much of it, guessing its full. yet still blows pretty warm.

Question is, can the refridgerant just not be getting cold anymore? i mean the gauge says its full of refridgerant but it did make a difference when we put more in.

Life is Good, Life is Great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 8:01 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Need help with AC in my car.

the gauge on the can just registers psi, when a system gets non condensibles in it(air) it will sorta trick the gauge that you can get from like walmart or other department stores. if you hooked up a real gauge set you could see the pressures and how they are incorrect. other problems could be a bad orfice tube(could be clauged). either way its best to hook it up to a recycler and vacuum it down, and after you do that replace the, or just refill it cause that will take the air out of the system. this is providing nothing else is wrong with your system. Just some ideas, could troubleshoot it better if was there, Gluck on it man.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 9:13 AM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Run the system and look at the lines to see if it freezes. You have a 12 year old system and there is things that can go wrong other than the freon level. For instance if the expansion valve is part way clogged restricting flow to much (thus it will freeze up). The bad news is that most things other than freon level require opening the system and cost more (and need a pro)

Must obey the sheep dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 5:05 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Dude, why are you driving your car and not your bike? Must be kids. I really need to get my a/c working in my truck, been out 2 years, haha. No need really, considering I ride everywhere. Also the fact that a/c is not good for the environment. It contributes to global warming, not healthy, uses many resources which you could get rid of by rolling the windows down. You live in Illinois? Come on, its not that hot there.

Last edited by LITEITUP; 07-09-2007 at 5:11 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 6:03 PM

Reputation Power: 13

LOL yeah you got leaks or something is clogged. The fact that the freon he got in there did make it a little cooler tells me you need to get all of that old stuff out of there and try again.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Reputation Power: 0

next to transmission replacement/rebuilding air conditioning is overpriced for parts. Mine went out on my 89LX5.0 Mustang... they wanted $700 just for the parts to fix it, not including labor. I sold it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page