going back to college... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2007, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

going back to college...

I'm so excited

kinda starting a lil late - I'm 24 going on 25 soon - but Ive finally found a degree that I'm interested in on, so I'm going for a BS in Engineering Software Applications, and a Certificate in Visual Communications - Illustration. toss in a Auto Body class to learn how to paint, Auto Body Shop Management class, a Human Relations class and a few business class along the way and ill be well on the road to opening up on my custom shop in about 5 years

lol i just had to tell somebody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-20-2007, 10:10 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: going back to college...

Go for it! Sounds like a lot of study I wish you the best of luck, hope you still have time to stay in touch with fireblades
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 14

lol thanks! i don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. first semester classes will be easy ( least I'm hoping so!)

Auto Body Refinishing, 1 day a week but its an 8 hour class, 4 units and ill lean how to paint bikes/cars/trucks ect....

Drawing, 2 days a week, 3 units and its a required class for Visual Communications

Drafting, again 2 days a week, 3 units and its a required class for Engineering

then throw in a Kickboxxing class, which is only 1 unit but it go's toward my Humanities requirement and i learn how to punch ( or at least it will look like i know how to punch lol)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-22-2007, 1:31 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpia View Post
then throw in a Kickboxxing class, which is only 1 unit but it go's[goes] toward my Humanities requirement
I can't express how disturbing it is to me that a kickboxing class goes toward a requirement in the Humanities...PhysEd, sure; but along side an intro to psych, intro to philosophy, an anthropolgy survey course or nice class on drug use in America? No way!

Best of luck on the program...It sounds like a great course of study, and should be challenging if it is to be respected by the student...And 25 is not late...I didn't really go to college (some classes after high school, but nothing much) until I was 30, so don't worry about it.

BAILIFF: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
PETER GRIFFIN: I do...You bastard...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page