It's 12:30 and HALO 3 is loading... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-25-2007, 3:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

It's 12:30 and HALO 3 is loading...

I just spent the last 3 hours standing in line for HALO 3 at Game Stop at the Bellevue Crosssroad store in Washington. It's 12.38 am Seattle time and I'm just loading it up. It was a great experience yakin with all the kids pumped up about playing the game. Two trucks showed up with their speakers blasting offering RED BULL to anyone who wanted it. I'll let you all know what I think of the game in a 10 hours of playing the extreme version. I'd love to hear everyone else's take on the game. I figure I'll be playing this game into Tuesday afternoon or untill I pass out. Ain't it great only working 3 days a week!!

Bashers...yes, it is true..I have no life, I have no wife and I play video games and ride sport bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-26-2007, 2:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: It's 12:30 and HALO 3 is loading...

Well I guess I'm not going to get an overwhelming response on this post but here it goes.

Just finished it. I ended up falling asleep not long after I got home last night. I started playing at 9:30 am and finished at 11:25 pm. The game was great! Good story line and the cut scenes were very well done. I played the regular mode and actually found it rather easy. I'd recommend it to anyone who's into video games. I wonder what Bungie will come up with next.
post #3 of 14 Old 09-26-2007, 2:36 PM

sorry, we're all out riding or having sex with women...

enjoy your game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 09-27-2007, 1:20 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Lol. Glad to hear you like the game - you must have been playing it non stop. I might get it, but will have to invest in a XBOX 360 - want to test a PS3 out too.

The game has gone crazy over in London UK, it might even top the charts as being the fastest selling game i think i can remember reading.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it - i have to get back out on my blade - needs its daily run ahem thrashing cough cough
post #5 of 14 Old 09-27-2007, 3:04 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Repsol View Post
<snip> I started playing at 9:30 am and finished at 11:25 pm. <snip>.
Do you have to train for that sort of endurance or is it all natural? Is there any risks for a non-gamer doing the same thing like; thumb or wrist injuries or something? LOL, just kidding bro, glad to hear ya keepin' the fun alive.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
post #6 of 14 Old 09-27-2007, 5:05 PM

I'm with you brother...We beat it on Heroic but didn't watch the ending all the way through the credits. I won't spoil it if you didn't either, but you need to beat the last level again and watch all the way through to the end.

Bad A game though. It's a great compliment to riding and coming home to the best game ever!
post #7 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 1:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to SuperHatch

I've been thinking about getting the game as well... but like Twincam I'd have to invest in an X360 as well. Not sure if I want to take the plunge for one game.

I used to be a Halo 2 addict, spent way too many late nights online and let it get to me way too much... I ended up selling my xbox and giving up on it. It's been over a year and I'm tempted to get back into it. We'll see....
post #8 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHatch View Post
I've been thinking about getting the game as well... but like Twincam I'd have to invest in an X360 as well. Not sure if I want to take the plunge for one game.

I used to be a Halo 2 addict, spent way too many late nights online and let it get to me way too much... I ended up selling my xbox and giving up on it. It's been over a year and I'm tempted to get back into it. We'll see....
Well over here you can buy the XBOX 360 bundle which includes the Halo 3 game, wireless controllers etc.

If your only getting it for one game, might as well get the core (basic) XBOX unless you want to splash out.. then maybe go the full hog.

If you want it, and you can afford it, ask yourself do you need it - if yes, then put your name down for one. Same thing works with bikes... And if the missus says anything, say its a present for her (if she doesnt like it, tough... you have bought it now)

Take care
post #9 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 1:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to SuperHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
Well over here you can buy the XBOX 360 bundle which includes the Halo 3 game, wireless controllers etc.

If your only getting it for one game, might as well get the core (basic) XBOX unless you want to splash out.. then maybe go the full hog.

If you want it, and you can afford it, ask yourself do you need it - if yes, then put your name down for one. Same thing works with bikes... And if the missus says anything, say its a present for her (if she doesnt like it, tough... you have bought it now)

Take care
True... I guess the answer to the "need" question would be a resounding "no". But the same could be said for a lot of things I've purchased in the past. A habbit I'm steadfastly trying to break...

Thanks!
post #10 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 2:38 PM

Reputation Power: 14

I have halo one and two. Now I have three but I dont even own a 360 yet! There was an offer that got you the special edition with a full size spartan helmet. Thats why i did it lol.

Fox
post #11 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 3:02 PM

Reputation Power: 39

It's not a full-size helmet, unless you have a pint-size head.
post #12 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 3:26 PM

"Bashers...yes, it is true..I have no life, I have no wife and I play video games and ride sport bikes."- YEA I DO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YA BUT I GOT MY GIRL WHO ENJOYS WATCHING AND WAITING FOR HER TURN. I AINT A HALO PLAYER BUT IG TO THE PS3 AND GOT SKATE/TOM CLANCYS. IT WAS A BATTLE BETWEEN BIKE AND PS3 BUT SOMEHOW GAVE THEM BOTH SUM TIME
post #13 of 14 Old 09-28-2007, 5:01 PM

Ahh, everyone gets their pleasures from different things..

Mine is a mixture of everything, it satifies the mood im in!
post #14 of 14 Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phadreus View Post
Do you have to train for that sort of endurance or is it all natural? Is there any risks for a non-gamer doing the same thing like; thumb or wrist injuries or something? LOL, just kidding bro, glad to hear ya keepin' the fun alive.
Sorry for the slow response. Training? You bet I did!! A lifetime of wasting my time on useless ventures and thousands of hours playing video games has brought me to this moment. I am a very acomplished loser whose biggest success is finishing HALO3. Boy my mom would be proud!! god bless her soul.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page