Funny story - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-16-2003, 9:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to KIDRR
Re: Funny story

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums....t690519

new emperor of 9!!!!
Well, boyz and girlz, I finally did it. I set the official lap record for HIGHWAY 9!!! Finally all that practice paid off. It wasn't easy to get here, however, so I'd like to share a little of my riding story leading up to this momentous day.

FIRST OFF, let all the HATERZ and BITCHEZ that trip on 9 go elsewhere. All mylocal dawgz gotz my bizzack. 9 is the BEST road ANYWHERE, and anyone thats fast knowz whats up.

Of COURSE I did this awesome feat on my 2003 YZF-R1. All the REAL RIDERZ know the R1 is the best bike on the PLANET. Naturally, my bike isn't stock, since stock bikes cant handle the EXTREME SPEEDZ needed to ride on 9. Powercommander IIIr USB, Akrapovic FULL RACE exhaust systemz, WATER WETTER Extreme non-glycol based TRACK coolant, LP flushmount blinkers, euro undertail kit with integrated LED lights, ohlins rear shock with hydraulic preload adjuster, LP anodized fingertip fork preload adjusters (gold), GRAVES RACING rearsets, Woodcraft clip ons, AP Racing 6-pot GP brake calipers with FULL FLOATING cast iron rotors and a GP BREMBO radial master cylinder, Ohlins R&T forks, Speedscreen gold anodized double-bubble windscreen, Dymag Carbon Fiber RACE Wheels, LP anodized (gold) fairing bolts, R&G Framesliders, Yamaha GTY-R Performance Single SEAT cowl, and an Adidas sweatband around the brake reservoir. I got everything from Lockhart Phillips over the internet.

Naturally in the quest for TOTAL PERFORMANCE I run only DOT race-compound tires, as normal street compounds wont allow the lean angles needed to run at my pace (on 9). Pirelli Dragon EVO Supercorsa RACE supersoft are what I use, they take a little bit to heat up but you should see them after a session on 9! Super sticky and tore up on the edges! The lack of any CHICKEN strips is really all you need to see I am a fast rider.

Now I know the list of modifications is pretty extensive, but you cant hope to get into the top-5 without some serious money into your bike. Just look at the AMA Superbikes, those bikes must have THOUSANDS of dollars in them, and going fast is the same all over! So you gotta be prepared to drop a few billz to get your speed up. Start savin' all you scrubz!!!

I originally started riding (3 years ago) on a YZF-R6, since I didnt want to get an R1 right away (too much bike, you need to wait at least 3 months of riding on 9 before you even THINK about an R1). As many of you know, I lowsided that bike and totalled it on 9 last summer. A quick recap was that I wrecked it at almost 120mph...not too fast but not just cruisin either. Not sure what happened but I shouldnt have been running without Racetech GOLD VALVES and a DID X-RING 520 AFAM Conversion, which were ironically being shipped that very day! My Ohlins steering damper was way off as well, I hadnt had time to tune it. Anyhow I lost the front somehow (get your suspension setup first&#33 and that was that. The bike was totalled pretty bad, but luckily I only got a little road rash. I'll admit it I was a little squidly in those dayz but thank god for my joe rocket jacket and Arai Edwards replica helmet. My Nike's got tore up something fierce tho! Haha I know all my dawgz remember that day, great
memoriez.

Back to the story at hand. Today I was really feelin it, totally in my groove. I had the day off from workin at Mervyn's Loss prevention, so's of COURSE I wuz gonna hit up 9 all day. Nothin like riding your favorite 8 miles of road a dozen timez to brighten up your day! No traffic and no po-po either, so it was open seazon.

As far as setting the fast lap, I didnt even know what I had done until I got my mychron RACE timer data. I saw the time sheet and started trippin! 4:37:251 and aint NOONE thats gone that fast EVER! Check out my timesheet, Mr. Mychron(ic..hahah&#33 dont lie! Now I know I'm comin' off all proud n' #### but all my regular 9 dawgs know I'll alwayz help out a noob to get his (or her&#33 knee down. Thats for reals.

I'm not really sure whats next for me, I love 9 and will DEFINETELY keep riding it. I've been to the track a couple times but man, 9 has better pavement than the track! No bullshit Thunderhill was bumpy as ####, I thought it would be smooth as glass...It was cool and all but I wuz passing half the people
in the C group, they were soooo slow!.

My dawgz have been suggestin that I 'take it to the track', anyone know what classes I can race in CCS? AFM wuz trippin I needed to do like a fax or something and go to race school Hahah who they kiddin!

SEE U ON 9

-R

I love riding like a fat kid loves cake

Never buy Carbon Fiber Frame sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-16-2003, 9:37 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Who dat? booth or BDA?

Sorry, not funny, kinda sad/lame. Oh well...

edit: I do like the poster's avatar, though

"...and you fellas can back me up on this. Once you've seen one woman naked... you want to see the rest of them naked." -Ron White
post #3 of 4 Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Fig

Reputation Power: 19

Sounds like they copied that straight off 'the onion' dawg...

8 Miles? That's hilarious.
Fig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-16-2003, 11:29 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ccwilli3 Send a message via Yahoo to ccwilli3

wow... I was rolling three sentences into that one...

'I mean, look at the AMA, they have THOUSANDS into their bikes'

VEE DUBB in da house... representin deutchland!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page