mercury (Hg) is a cumulative toxin that affect the central nervous system. as you know, Hg in a liquid state evaporates into a vapor. the vapor is readily absorbed through your lungs.
first isolate that room from the the rest of the house. keep the connecting doors closed. open all the windows in that room to air out the Hg vapors. us an eye dropper to pick up as much Hg that you can find. throw away the carpet! you'll never get it out of the carpet.
turn down the thermostat (heat) to that room. the higher the temperature, the more Hg vapors are released (think like you're boiling water). seal off vents to that room, too.
on the tile floor. get some zinc or sulfur powder and cover the spill area. this will bind with the Hg that is so small that you cannot see to clean up.
throw away all clothing that came into contact.
most importantly: trash the vacuum cleaner!! that vacuum will release Hg vapors into the air every time you use it.
take a lesson. nedro used to play with it as a kid and look how he turned out.
take this stuff seriously, especially if you have young children.