Yet another one... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-23-2003, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Yet another one...

They just don't stop!

The email:

<Good day,

We are sending this letter to you based on information gathered from the foreign trade office of the Nigerian Chambers of Commerce and Industry. We believe that you would be in a position to help us in our bid to transfer the sum of forty-one million five hundred thousand dollars (41.5M USD) into a foreign account.

We are members of the special committee for budget and planning of the ministry of petroleum, this committee is pricipally concerned with contract appraisals and approval of contracts in order of priorities as regards capital projects of the federal government of Nigeria. With our positions, we have successfully secured for ourselves the sum of forty-one million, five hundred thousand United States dollars (US 41.5M). This amount was accumulated through undeclared windfall from sales of crude oil during the Gulf War.

What we need from you is to provide a safe account into which the funds will be transfered since government officials are not allowed by our laws to operate foreign account. It has been agreed that the owner of te account will be compensated with $8.3 million of the remitted funds, we keep US$31.125million while US$2.075 will be set aside to offset expenseds and pay the necessary taxes.

It may interest you to know that two years ago a similar transaction was carried out with one Mr Bryant Adams, the president of B-Concept Associates at number 345, East 57th Street, 15th floor, New York.1002 with telephone (212)308-7788. and telex number 6731689, after the agreement between both partners in which he was to take 5% the money was duly transfered into his account only to be disappointed on our arrival in New York as we were reliably informed that Mr Bryant Adams was no longer on that address while his telephone and telex numbers have re-allocated to somebody else, that is how we lost US$27.5M to Mr Bryant Adams.

This time around we need a more reliable and trust worthy person or reputable company to do business with hence the letter to you,so if you can prove yourself to be trusted and interested in this deal then we are prepared to do business with you.What we want from you is the assurance that you will let us have our share when this amount of US$41.5M is transferred into your account

If this proposal satisfies you,please send me email so that we can advice you on the modalities (seems to be a favorite word) of the transaction.All modalities of the transfer have been worked out and once started will not take more than 15 working days with the absolute support of all concerned.This transaction is 100% safe.

It might be difficult for you to get through to me on because of my country's poor telecommuncation system,that is why is better to reach me via email.

Please treat as urgent an very confidential God be with you as I look forward to your reply.Do not mind the typing. Please reply strictly by email.

Yours faithfully.

Dr. Solomon Luvai >

Yeah, longwinded I know, but I just want to share as many of these BS scams as possible. Here's my reply, not that clever 'cause I didn't want to waste the time:

<Dear Dr. Luvai,

Of course I am interested in some 'easy money' - who isn't? Can you please give me some more details of your offer? This sounds too good to be true! I realize that time is short, and I hope to get a reply from you soon. I am definitely interested!

How would we work out the details of this transaction? Would I meet you in person at some point? If I had to fly somewhere to meet you would I be compensated for my airfare costs? I only ask because I have so few dollars right now. Please let me know as soon as possible!

Sincerely,
Bob >

We'll see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 11:26 AM

Reputation Power: 17

That might be fun. Have them send you an airfare ticket and then don't show. Maybe a good faith cash donation to show they are serious, then go spend it. Just be careful, they have been doing this for a while and are still in the game.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 1:36 PM

I get this same type of junk emals as well, I might have got this one also but I delete them to fast once I realize they are crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 1:54 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Unfortunately, until the standard of living is raised in these 3rd world countries, they will continue to bombard us with money making scams...

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #5 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 3:23 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Being a wealthy country I suppose there are no scams going on in the US. Hmmm.........

Personally I can't see a correlation between standard of living and money making scams. The rich crooks do it cus they want to be richer, the poor crooks do it cus they want to be rich. Always been that way, always will.

I would aslo suggest that the Nigerian crooks are far from being from the poorest in their country.

post #6 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 3:42 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #7 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 3:45 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Just cus I posted a picture of my son on the forum there is no need for you to do the same.

Good looking boy by the way ..........
post #8 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 6:13 PM

Reputation Power: 18

*Smooth, Proto, very smooth.

Silver/black CBR954RR
Unsanctioned, unofficial, unloved Honda test rider
post #9 of 9 Old 10-24-2003, 7:22 PM Thread Starter

And the thread degradation begins!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page