Global Warming My Ass - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 4:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to RiotSauce
Global Warming My Ass

I'm sorry but unless snow forcasts on the second day of spring point to global warming-- it can suck my exhaust for all i care. This is insane.

Any global warming junkies out there that can tell me why its snowing in spring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 6:06 PM

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Re: Global Warming My Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSauce View Post
I'm sorry but unless snow forcasts on the second day of spring point to global warming-- it can suck my exhaust for all i care. This is insane.
I know exactly what you mean.. Easter saturday and we have snow forecast here.. I remember having snow at Easter one year when I was little but dont remember it happening since then!!!

I blinking hate snow now.. I hate getting cold on my bike anyway but now I ride 10 miles to work have little choice!!!! The only bit of me that gets really cold is my hands, i'm wrapped up from head to foot in leather with a fleece under my jacket as well as 2 or 3 other tops.. I bought a second 'winter' leather on an online auction, one size bigger so I can get loads of layers under it to keep me warm..

Luckily my boss lives just round the corner from me and when the roads are really bad I can get a lift if we are on the same shift.. but its not always the case.. If it gets bad I pull over and thaw my hands out on my engine and then carry on..

I for one cant wait for summer to get here.........
post #3 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 8:02 PM

Reputation Power: 20

even though the over all global temp average has risen by approx 1.5 degrees in the last few years, global warming is a misleading term.

The real issue is climate change. That is what we're experiencing. and it will get worse. we've had record snowfalls in ontario this last month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Yea I was riding in 50 degree weather yesterday,and got dumped on today by 6 in. of snow,and its still falling.There calling for another 6in. by tomorrow.What the hells going on ??
post #5 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Eye View Post
Yea I was riding in 50 degree weather yesterday,and got dumped on today by 6 in. of snow,and its still falling.There calling for another 6in. by tomorrow.What the hells going on ??

Yep. This **** sucks. I am ready for warm weather with no chance of snow.
post #6 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 PM

Global climates have always moved in cycles. Good luck trying to figure out which way it is heading. Don't believe the "experts" , investigate the data on your own. (Yes Al Gore over exaggerated his data). I have yet to see any definitive data that proves or disproves Global Warming.

Historically, its not that uncommon for March/April snow in Illinois is it?
post #7 of 37 Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Yep, who knows where we will be in 10 years from now, the whole climate change issue is so clouded now by poltics who would know what the real facts are.
post #8 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2119 View Post
Global climates have always moved in cycles. Good luck trying to figure out which way it is heading. Don't believe the "experts" , investigate the data on your own. (Yes Al Gore over exaggerated his data). I have yet to see any definitive data that proves or disproves Global Warming.

Historically, its not that uncommon for March/April snow in Illinois is it?
No it isn't. You think they would be used to it by now.
post #9 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 1:15 AM

Reputation Power: 12

while im not saying that global warming is complete BS i do think it has been way over exagerated.i live in iowa and we had record snow fall this winter. with the so called "experts" saying that florida will be under water in 50 years because of melting glaciers is somewhat outragous to me. If you have a glass of water with ice cubes in it and you alow the ice to melt does the glass over flow? NO. it's the same concept just on a much larger scale with icebergs and such
post #10 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 9:29 AM

Maybe some star on the other side of the universe will turn into a gamma ray pulsar and blast the ozone layer off our planet. Then our ocean will evaporate. Never know what will happen tomorrow.
post #11 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 9:33 AM

we're supposed to have a shower of snow today & tomorrow here in ireland too - and it hardly ever snows here!! Second fall this year.

I remember bad snow at easter about 10 years ago - was bad (for here!!) for about 2 weeks. We don't get it near as bad as ye guys across the pond.
post #12 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 9:41 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to RiotSauce

Greetings From Pennsylvania... March 22 2008. Sorry you can see the mesh from my window screen, plus its my cell phone.

Last edited by RiotSauce; 10-30-2009 at 2:33 AM.
post #13 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 2:00 PM

Reputation Power: 21

I saw a movie from the guys who made Independence Day, in which a piece of ice the size of Rhode Island dramatically breaks off Antarctica (just under our hero's feet, of course). The next day I head about of piece of ice the size of Rhode Island breaking off the Arctic.

The fact that the world is growing warmer and that this is causing more severe weather worldwide is indisputable. Whether it is man made is indeed disputable and is actively being disputed. The real problem is that the "data" mostly comes from climate modeling weather predictions, which can be spectacularly inaccurate. That said, they remain state of the art, until we build a time machine that will truly allow us to look into the future.

The one thing I found convincing was that I read predictions about global warming long before I ever saw any climate change. Good Science should be predictive. That suggests to me that the climatologists may be on to something.
post #14 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 6:44 PM

There is no doubt humans are capable of manipulating the global climate, but throughout history nature always has its revenge in the rebalance.
post #15 of 37 Old 03-22-2008, 7:07 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaway View Post
Maybe some star on the other side of the universe will turn into a gamma ray pulsar and blast the ozone layer off our planet. Then our ocean will evaporate. Never know what will happen tomorrow.
By far the best answer in this thread so far How many times do they still get the daily weather forecast wrong?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page