Its taken an hour - - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-01-2003, 5:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42

Re: Its taken an hour -

Silly Cornhuskers......they should know better to be out riding when its below 40 degrees....

More to follow....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-01-2003, 6:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

You gonna ride in the snow too?

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #3 of 10 Old 11-01-2003, 6:12 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Quote:
Baketech : Silly Cornhuskers......they should know better to be out riding when its below 40 degrees....

More to follow....
that'll learn ya!

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-01-2003, 6:50 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Baketech, after we split up I did the last 50 miles of my break-in mileage, this time running her through the gears on several occasions so as to get any tiny particulate matter off that's gonna come off.

Came home, did the oil and filter change in about eight or nine minutes beginning to end (god I love owning a naked bike again), put some Stabil in the tank and sloshed it round, ran it for a bit, then plugged in the battery. Should be good to go until we get our usual Indian summer stretch sometime in the next few weeks. I've got a jet kit and a fender eliminator to work on in order pass time anyway...

All I can say about my new ride is, I won't be missing my 954 anytime soon. It was a very good motorcycle, but this bike gives me just about all the performance of the Honda in a much more comfortable package. And let me tell ya, this is a fast motorcycle. Good torque from way down low, then things get pretty exciting on the far side of 6K.

By 8,000 it's just plain mental, with the front wheel pawing into the air in first gear (that's with 230 pound Chain aboard, no fanning of the clutch, no jerking of the bars). I think the sensation of speed is accentuated by the fact you're sitting bolt upright and white-knuckling the bar to keep from being tossed off the back and onto the pavement that's hurtling beneath you. Good clean fun!

I really wish the weather would have been better for our meeting and ride, but I still logged 170 miles by the time I was home. Baketech's got the cleanest 929 I've ever laid eyes on, btw, so no more messing with Chain about incessant polishing. I'm onto you 'tech.

Don, great to have met you and I regret that we didn't have more time, sunny skies and warm temps.

Brrr. I'm still half frozen. Ah well, nothing 30 minutes of jumping jacks in a scalding hot shower won't cure...

post #5 of 10 Old 11-01-2003, 8:17 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Chain : Don, great to have met you and I regret that we didn't have more time, sunny skies and warm temps.
East meets west?

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #6 of 10 Old 11-03-2003, 9:23 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

You guys should have come to Columbia. Weather was awesome all weekend. I could have ridden my brother's F3 so you would have a chance at keeping up...

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #7 of 10 Old 11-03-2003, 9:27 AM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ccwilli3 Send a message via Yahoo to ccwilli3

Quote All I can say about my new ride is, I won't be missing my 954 anytime soon. It was a very good motorcycle, but this bike gives me just about all the performance of the Honda in a much more comfortable package. And let me tell ya, this is a fast motorcycle. Good torque from way down low, then things get pretty exciting on the far side of 6K.

Can we archive this somewhere for use later in the spring when there is a sale at the chain residence?? LOL

VEE DUBB in da house... representin deutchland!
post #8 of 10 Old 11-03-2003, 9:40 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
Chain : Baketech, after we split up I did the last 50 miles of my break-in mileage, this time running her through the gears on several occasions so as to get any tiny particulate matter off that's gonna come off.
Impressive considering that when I got back to Bellevue, the bank thermometer was saying 38 degrees....LOL

Anyway, the scenery in the Loess hills was awesome! The roads were actually pretty interesting, and I am looking forward to a trip back when the weather is better to take the full tour....

I managed to sponge free meals all the way across the Midwest from both Fireblades and VFR list guys....notably on this board - Chain and Tigerblade. Against my better judgement, I met them both, and to my surprise, they were both good people....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #9 of 10 Old 11-03-2003, 9:53 AM

Reputation Power: 28

Quote:
Baketech : Impressive considering that when I got back to Bellevue, the bank thermometer was saying 38 degrees.

Anyway, the scenery in the Loess hills was awesome! The roads were actually pretty interesting, and I am looking forward to a trip back when the weather is better to take the full tour.
Crap, I felt cold, but I didn't realize it was THAT cold.

As for the scenery, assuming you come up to KCMO to visit the parents again next spring or summer, you'll have to return (snag Blunderblade in Columbia if you're feeling benevolent) for the proper tour. You saw about 15% of the really pretty stuff I had in mind for the day. <sigh>
post #10 of 10 Old 11-03-2003, 10:01 AM

Reputation Power: 34

Send a message via AIM to Heavy-Dee

Quote:
Baketech : Impressive considering that when I got back to Bellevue, the bank thermometer was saying 38 degrees....LOL
I did a ride a few weeks ago, and when I left in the morning it was that cold. I stayed glued to the tank and tucked behind the 954's windscreen. It was cold enough that I couldn't even feel the engine heat on the back of my legs. Luckily by lunchtime it had warmed up to 65-70 just in time to hit the twisties.

HD

Fasttrax #15n
Lockhart Phillips
Suomy Helmets | RK Chain | PowerStands | LeoVince
SponsorHouse

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page