Driver runs down 5 bikers from Michigan - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-02-2003, 9:30 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Driver runs down 5 bikers from Michigan

Taken from sportbikeworld.com:

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. — A man who had argued with five motorcyclists ran them down with a stolen pickup truck, killing two of the bikers and seriously injuring another, police said Thursday.

Witnesses told police that the driver chased the bikers about a half-mile down a coastal highway Wednesday before hitting the victims and dragging them along the road in this Florida Panhandle (search) resort city.

'He pulled up behind the five motorcycles, hit the gas, and plowed right through them,' said Deputy Police Chief David Humphreys.

A woman died on the scene and a male biker was declared dead at Bay Medical Center in nearby Panama City. Another man was taken to the hospital in critical condition but upgraded to serious Thursday, Humphreys said.

The other bikers got back on their motorcycles and chased the truck. They alerted an officer in a marked Environmental Protection vehicle who joined the pursuit.

The driver of the pickup rammed the officer's vehicle after driving onto a dead end road, Humphreys said. 'The officer held the subject at gunpoint, when a shot went off,' he said, but he added that no one was injured during the struggle, which drew a crowd from a nearby bar and mobile home park.

Timothy E. Pilgren, 26, of Texarkana, Ark., was charged with two open counts of murder. An open count lets authorities hold a suspect until prosecutors or a grand jury determine the degree of the alleged crime.

The victims' identities were being withheld pending notification of their families, but Humphreys said they all were from Michigan.

The argument began when Pilgren tried to sell 'silver certificates' to the bikers and then made a derogatory comment, Humphreys said. He said one of the bikers punched Pilgren in the chest before they rode off.

Followup report:

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. - A man accused of deliberately ramming a stolen pickup truck into six Outlaws motorcycle gang (search) members, killing two, apologized from jail and said he wants to be executed.

'I did it,' Timothy Pilgreen told The News Herald of Panama City for Friday's editions. 'I wish I hadn't, but I did. My lawyer told me to keep my mouth shut, but I gotta say it, I just got to: I'm sorry.'

Pilgreen, 26, said he would ask for the death penalty because he fears retribution from the gang after admitting he ran over the bikers Wednesday as they rode on a coastal highway in nearby Panama City Beach (search).

'Dudes in (jail) been telling me they're going to kill me, but I ain't scared,' Pilgreen said. 'They want to stab me, I'll stab back.'

Pilgreen is being held without bond on two counts of murder, four counts of attempted murder and other felony charges stemming from a scuffle with an officer who chased and arrested him.

Deputy Police Chief David Humphreys said he has seen more bikers in town since the incident.

'It's our hope that they would allow this to be handled by law enforcement and the judicial system instead of it getting to a street-level thing,' he said.

Pilgreen said his argument with the bikers began after he went to a public pier and tried to sell them a silver certificate, a no-longer-issued form of paper money. 'They didn't like that I called them old, and one of these guys hauls off and punches me in the chest,' he said.

He said the bikers then laughed at him, hopped on their motorcycles and rode off.

'I was just enraged,' Pilgreen said. 'Just so mad and drunk that when they took off, I started following them.'

'It was madness,' he said. 'I just closed my eyes and pushed the gas and blam, blam, blam, just like that.'

Police said the six bikers were from the Outlaws chapter in Bay City, Mich. Nola Zietler, 47, of Bay City, and Donald Dunham, 61, of Brethren, Mich., were killed.

Pilgreen said he had stolen the truck after arguing with his wife and trashing the house two weeks ago in Texarkana, Ark. He blamed his rage on a history of drugs, alcohol and childhood abuse.

'I realize I made a mistake,' he said. 'I know I did something I shouldn't have and I know I can't take it back. I just wish I could. I'm not a bad person, but I've been so lost and so hopeless for so long.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-02-2003, 9:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

For '05 I promised myself I would practice tolerance...so if people would quit being so STUPID I'll be more tolerant.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-02-2003, 11:04 PM

Reputation Power: 19

I heard about this a few days ago. What puzzles me is why he was trying to sell a silver certificate to a biker gang, a coin shop or pawn shop would've bought it from him. Dude is loco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2003, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 35

What a horrible feeling that must have been .. to have somebody in a truck try to run you down and you can't outrun them. Like a nightmare.

If by being violent you mean Islam prescribes expansion of its rule through warfare and is therefore violent then so be it. - SPDUDE
See you at Grattan June 25-27 2007 !
Email me for info.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-03-2003, 8:21 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote to have somebody in a truck try to run you down and you can't outrun them. Like a nightmare.

My 1st thought exactly.

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page