the Moon - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

View Poll Results: Did the US really put man on the moon
yes 11 91.67%
no 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 6:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

the Moon

Who believes that the US really had men on the moon? Kinda weird that we havent gotten back there yet. But there is soooo much concentration on getting there. I doubt that we were there in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 6:49 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Re: the Moon

Let's see.....No global warming....no moon landing....I suppose there was no 9/11 or maybe no holocaust. Next you will be trying to convince us there is no texas.

"Please say the whole thang....yes, every time"
post #3 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 6:54 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Well, they did some tests that prove that they were actually there. Like the feather and rock drop. Both objects fell at the same speed on the moon due to the lack of an atmosphere. That would be pretty difficult to replicate here on earth in the 60's. And if you have a telescope that is strong enough, you can see the buggy and bottom half of the lander still up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 6:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasle1000RR View Post
Well, they did some tests that prove that they were actually there. Like the feather and rock drop. Both objects fell at the same speed on the moon due to the lack of an atmosphere. That would be pretty difficult to replicate here on earth in the 60's. And if you have a telescope that is strong enough, you can see the buggy and bottom half of the lander still up there.
No Shyt, i didnt know that. Ill have to go and get a telescope. Ive only seen the one vid of the guy bouncin on the moon, and that flag just looked to be ironed stiff to me. Ill have to do more research for now.
post #5 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 6:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozthis View Post
Let's see.....No global warming....no moon landing....I suppose there was no 9/11 or maybe no holocaust. Next you will be trying to convince us there is no texas.
there is no texas
post #6 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitt51 View Post
there is no texas
Always thought that was North Mexico
post #7 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 7:45 PM

Texacans live there. They came from Mars.
post #8 of 20 Old 06-07-2008, 9:51 PM
-Z-

Send a message via AIM to -Z-

Actually, the feather and rock drop can be done just as easily in a vacuum. Think it might have been hard to do that in the 60's? Guess what all the computers used way back when before transistors? Vacuum tubes. So creating a vacuum is something that was definitely possible. In fact, I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen a video of the rock and feather test in a moon setting....all the ones I ever saw in classes growing up were always in a large container against a plain background.

Oh, and Texas is really just the part of the states where California sends the people it doesn't like. Kinda like the original relationship between the British and Australia, except in this case they don't have to be criminals, we just have to dislike them.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-08-2008, 7:59 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasle1000RR

Quote:
No Shyt, i didnt know that. Ill have to go and get a telescope. Ive only seen the one vid of the guy bouncin on the moon, and that flag just looked to be ironed stiff to me. Ill have to do more research for now.
You need a very large telescope (likely an interferometer) to get even a low res picture of the LEM descent stage. Something in excess of 200 meters for a 1 meter resolution.
So if you get THAT telescope please share it with the astronomers, cause I'd really like to find out if there are any Earth-like planets in our neighbourhood .
post #10 of 20 Old 06-08-2008, 8:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
Actually, the feather and rock drop can be done just as easily in a vacuum. Think it might have been hard to do that in the 60's? Guess what all the computers used way back when before transistors? Vacuum tubes. So creating a vacuum is something that was definitely possible. In fact, I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen a video of the rock and feather test in a moon setting....all the ones I ever saw in classes growing up were always in a large container against a plain background.

Oh, and Texas is really just the part of the states where California sends the people it doesn't like. Kinda like the original relationship between the British and Australia, except in this case they don't have to be criminals, we just have to dislike them.
Im still looking for a rock and feather drop comparison video. there is gravity on the moon, so a rock and a feather would drop at two different speed because they weigh different, also checked out some pics of the astonauts on the moon. In one pic the astronaut facing the camera with the sun to his back, but his whole front side was illuminated. I think that is a NASA mistake. His shadow on the ground was a full shadow. Sooo, it has to be a studio fake. Any camera flash isnt going to allow for a full shadow to be evident. The lander that supposedly hit the landed on the moon, had somethin like 10,000 lbs of thrust right? Bout 5000 degrees right? Why didnt it leave some sort of a crater (evidence of the moon rocks and dust being forced to the side)? I looked at some pics of astronauts in orbit doing a moon walk. the sun off of the convexed visors are round. Both blown up and at a distance. The pics of the astronauts supposedly on the moon are another story. The sun looks pentagonal with no evidence of the sunrays that would be correct.
post #11 of 20 Old 06-08-2008, 6:29 PM
-Z-

Send a message via AIM to -Z-

Quote:
Im still looking for a rock and feather drop comparison video. there is gravity on the moon, so a rock and a feather would drop at two different speed because they weigh different...
Don't know about the other things you pointed out regarding the moon landing videos, but I do know that if you take atmospheric drag away, all things will fall at the same speed. Weight has absolutely nothing to do with it. Not trying to dog you or anything bro, but you might want to go recheck basic physics. Gravity exerts a force on an object in proportion to it's mass, so the acceleration due to gravitational force is equal across all objects. The only thing that stops the feather from hitting the ground at the same time as the rock is the fact that the feather suffers from far more drag force/resistance than the rock.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Reputation Power: 25

Anyone remember Apollo 13? I guess that was fiction too?

22 days until it begins...
post #13 of 20 Old 06-09-2008, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
Don't know about the other things you pointed out regarding the moon landing videos, but I do know that if you take atmospheric drag away, all things will fall at the same speed. Weight has absolutely nothing to do with it. Not trying to dog you or anything bro, but you might want to go recheck basic physics. Gravity exerts a force on an object in proportion to it's mass, so the acceleration due to gravitational force is equal across all objects. The only thing that stops the feather from hitting the ground at the same time as the rock is the fact that the feather suffers from far more drag force/resistance than the rock.
why is it conspiracy theorists have no understanding of science?
post #14 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 8:12 AM

Tell the second man on the moon he wasn't there after heroically risking his life and this is what you deserve.
Buzz Aldrin Sucker-Punch - Video

Tang was the new drink for the astronauts. Chinas planning on putting one of there own on the moon also; his name is Tang!
post #15 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 AM

Reputation Power: 12

I had lunch yesterday with Evis AND Bruce Lee,at Jimmy Hoffa's restaurant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page