Thinking Cap Time.. .. .. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 119 Old 07-17-2008, 3:47 PM Thread Starter
 
LoopyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-2008
Location: Everywhere.. via the interweb
Posts: 11,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 144
                     
Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

After a discussion, Sideshow and I have come come with an idea for a thread..

On this fourm we all get an impression of what someone is like from their forum name, avatar, as well as the kinds of things they post and the content of those posts...

So, we were wondering what do you think the people on this forum are REALLY like..

Is Sideshow Bob a bloke with mad hair and homicidal tendancies, who will flog anything to sort his bikes out...
Is LoopyLee really mad and does she keep sharp implements laying round ready to cut bits off blokes??


RULES OF THE THREAD
Nasty Comments ARE NOT allowed, lets keep this light hearted and funny..

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

LoopyLee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 119 Old 07-17-2008, 4:03 PM
Global Moderator
 
macca9540's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-2006
Location: Yeppoon Qld., Australia
Age: 62
Posts: 14,687
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post

Sideshow Bob is a bloke with mad hair and homicidal tendancies, who will flog anything to sort his bikes out...
LoopyLee is really mad and she does keep sharp implements laying round ready to cut bits off blokes??


Last edited by macca9540; 07-17-2008 at 4:09 PM.
macca9540 is offline  
post #3 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 2:11 PM
 
Join Date: 06-02-2008
Location: O'side Ca.
Age: 40
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
           
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

I'll explain my screen name happily. I love fishing. Thus the name Big "Bass" Turd. I was actually a little fishy swimming around happily at one time. Then all of a sudden I became a big bass turd . I love to joke around a lot so don't take me too seriously if I poke fun at something
BigBassTurd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 2:26 PM
Global Moderator
 
Sideshow bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 9,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 139
                     
Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassTurd View Post
I'll explain my screen name happily. I love fishing. Thus the name Big "Bass" Turd. I was actually a little fishy swimming around happily at one time. Then all of a sudden I became a big bass turd . I love to joke around a lot so don't take me too seriously if I poke fun at something
I like it

altho thought it a pun on B*st*rd
But, Turd = poo hear (guess it does there too??!!) wasn't sure if you ment you can be a bit of A sh*t. one of my mates has been known as Minge since he was 8 (basically everyone said 'He's a little C**t.. so we called him Minge) totally missed the Bass/fish bit .

suppose that what happens when your not a fisher

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
Sideshow bob is offline  
post #5 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 2:44 PM Thread Starter
 
LoopyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-2008
Location: Everywhere.. via the interweb
Posts: 11,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 144
                     
Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

OK... Impressions of Macca9540....

For some reason I imagine Macca is your typical 'old school' biker.. long grey (sorry macca) hair, long beard, scruffy looking, rips in the knees of his jeans..

Has a very dry, and wicked, sense of humour, enjoys a good drink and I imagine he was once a right devil with the ladies

I also reckon he would be a really good person to be able to call a mate

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

LoopyLee is offline  
post #6 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 2:48 PM
 
Join Date: 06-02-2008
Location: O'side Ca.
Age: 40
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
           
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Yeah it has two meanings. Big B*st#rd or Big Bass Turd. It's kind of a joke because my parents got married at one of those cheesey little marriage places(kind of like Las Vegas). So I always joke that they got scammed and I am a [email protected]$T#rd child. See I don't even have enough self control not to poke fun at my own parents marriage and my exsistence.
BigBassTurd is offline  
post #7 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 2:53 PM
Global Moderator
 
Sideshow bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 9,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 139
                     
Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassTurd View Post
Yeah it has two meanings. Big B*st#rd or Big Bass Turd. It's kind of a joke because my parents got married at one of those cheesey little marriage places(kind of like Las Vegas). So I always joke that they got scammed and I am a [email protected]$T#rd child. See I don't even have enough self control not to poke fun at my own parents marriage and my exsistence.
I like your style...
No point taking things to seriously!

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
Sideshow bob is offline  
post #8 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 3:01 PM
 
Join Date: 10-24-2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13
   
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Nice idea for a thread loopylee I've often though that about people in forums and the perception I get of how they would act in real life. Only met two people from a forum and was not too far off with them.

You started it so heres my input, for a start at least.

loopylee and sideshowbob:....
I have two friends (a couple) very easy going, good fun, love having people over for bbq etc etc... they are sociable and good craic. There are no pretentions. No fancy clothes, fancy cars/bikes etc don't worry them (but they would not refuse a nice 08blade). They have a little garden with veg and herbs which they use for food. They like touring holidays using camps etc etc. I may be completely wrong but I see your good selves like as being a bit like that. Maybe not the same interests but definately sociable and easygoing with open minds where meeting new people is concerned.
spiral is offline  
post #9 of 119 Old 07-19-2008, 3:15 PM
Global Moderator
 
Sideshow bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 9,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 139
                     
Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiral View Post
You started it so heres my input, for a start at least.

loopylee and sideshowbob:....
I have two friends (a couple) very easy going, good fun, love having people over for bbq etc etc... they are sociable and good craic. There are no pretentions. No fancy clothes, fancy cars/bikes etc don't worry them (but they would not refuse a nice 08blade). They have a little garden with veg and herbs which they use for food. They like touring holidays using camps etc etc. I may be completely wrong but I see your good selves like as being a bit like that. Maybe not the same interests but definately sociable and easygoing with open minds where meeting new people is concerned.
Thanks spiral..

Shant shatter your illusions by telling you we both manic depresives with homicidal tendancies and the only reason we havn't killed each other is they wont allow us anything sharper than a crayon!

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
Sideshow bob is offline  
post #10 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 1:29 AM
Global Moderator
 
macca9540's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-2006
Location: Yeppoon Qld., Australia
Age: 62
Posts: 14,687
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post
OK... Impressions of Macca9540....

For some reason I imagine Macca is your typical 'old school' biker.. long grey (sorry macca) hair, long beard, scruffy looking, rips in the knees of his jeans..


Has a very dry, and wicked, sense of humour, enjoys a good drink and I imagine he was once a right devil with the ladies

I also reckon he would be a really good person to be able to call a mate
Thanks Loopy, I feel flattered. 2 out of 3 correct. Way off on the appearance though.
macca9540 is offline  
post #11 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 2:29 AM
Global Moderator
 
Sideshow bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 9,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 139
                     
Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post
OK... Impressions of Macca9540....

For some reason I imagine Macca is your typical 'old school' biker.. long grey (sorry macca) hair, long beard, scruffy looking, rips in the knees of his jeans..
Told you you were wrong there Loopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca9540 View Post
Thanks Loopy, I feel flattered. 2 out of 3 correct. Way off on the appearance though.
I Imagined....
a Slightly Short man, Roundish face.. Dark curly Shortish hair ....Still a beard though?? A man happily throwing a dingo on the BBQ wilst guzzling lambrisco and whistling a happy Ditty.....?!
.... Although I could be thinking of kevin wilson* again

Sorry Macca9540

*Another aussie who makes me laugh!

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
Sideshow bob is offline  
post #12 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 2:40 AM
Global Moderator
 
macca9540's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-2006
Location: Yeppoon Qld., Australia
Age: 62
Posts: 14,687
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
Told you you were wrong there Loopy

I Imagined....
a Slightly Short man, Roundish face.. Dark curly Shortish hair ....Still a beard though?? A man happily throwing a dingo on the BBQ wilst guzzling lambrisco and whistling a happy Ditty.....?!
.... Although I could be thinking of kevin wilson* again

Sorry Macca9540

*Another aussie who makes me laugh!
Nothing to be sorry about SSB. You're a little closer than Loopy though.
macca9540 is offline  
post #13 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 3:03 AM
Global Moderator
 
Sideshow bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 9,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 139
                     
Send a message via MSN to Sideshow bob
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca9540 View Post
Nothing to be sorry about SSB. You're a little closer than Loopy though.
Only a little closer!.. Damn!!
...Will try harder... (think*)

*Whats that burning smell???

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.
Sideshow bob is offline  
post #14 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 3:22 AM
Global Moderator
 
macca9540's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-2006
Location: Yeppoon Qld., Australia
Age: 62
Posts: 14,687
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 270
                     
Send a message via Skype™ to macca9540
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Sideshow bob: Also shortish bloke,thin. Dark short hair going grey. Has an out there view on most things. Slightly bent sense of humour but good fun to be with. Always on the go and has tattoes. A nut when pissed.
LoopyLee: Short little, petite, cute lady, long black hair, outgoing personality, does'nt drink much, loves life(and animals). Has a great sense of humour and calls a spade a spade.
macca9540 is offline  
post #15 of 119 Old 07-20-2008, 3:29 AM Thread Starter
 
LoopyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-2008
Location: Everywhere.. via the interweb
Posts: 11,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 144
                     
Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Re: Thinking Cap Time.. .. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca9540 View Post
LoopyLee: Short little, petite, cute lady, long black hair, outgoing personality, does'nt drink much, loves life(and animals). Has a great sense of humour and calls a spade a spade.

About the only thing you didn't get right was my hair colour Its dyed a deep blood red (but it does have black streaks in it so you were partly right)

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

LoopyLee is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long time listener first time caller ;) Gatsby Introductions 4 04-01-2008 4:43 PM
radiator cap psi veimaging Honda FireBlade 3 06-30-2007 2:31 AM
Keyless Cap ??? Custom900 Honda FireBlade 5 04-08-2006 8:40 AM
Time for some more track time at Pahrump RRWANTR Track Days / Riding Schools 4 01-30-2006 9:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome