Diet and weight loss - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Diet and weight loss

BigBassTurd started a thread for all of us big guys and gals to show our faces and reveal ourselves. So why dont some of you smaller guys on the bikes give us some decent dieting plans on this thread. Help up get it off. Whos gonna start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Re: Diet and weight loss

I weigh 150-155 at 5'10" so I'm not big at all. But I do suggest trying some vegeterian platters. I know, I know vegeterian platters seem so bland. My wifes a veggie(eats fish and shellfish though) and after being with her for 10 years I can say it's actually not that bad. I eat a lot more fish,shellfish and less red meat. I Still love a nice New York cut thick and bleedin' every now and then. Morning Star makes some stuff that is like crumbled hamburger which makes some excellent sloppy Joe's(Manwhich of course). My buddies didn't even notice they were eating veggie Joe's. It also makes great spaghetti sauce.

I grew up on steak and potatoes so I know what a diet like that can do to you. Especially when we start getting in our middle ages. My pops went from about 155lbs @ 5'7" in his 20's and 30's to 225+ in his 50's now (at 5'7" 225 is pretty big, like a tree stump ). He eats like we are still in the wild west(Gravy on everything for breakfast) and cooks like he's feeding an army. He eats way to large of portions which I think is the major problem for people over wieght. Kind of like alcoholics. They drink until they are just obliterated, way past the buzz point or the full point for an over wieght person eating. Anyways I wish you all the best of luck at living a healthier life.

BBT

Last edited by BigBassTurd; 07-23-2008 at 1:10 PM.
post #3 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 1:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i can do the veggies for only so long and then the discipline leaves my @ss. Right now im tryin this yogurt thing for breakfast, chicken breast for lunch, and, well i never eat dinner all of the time. I really just have to self discipline and stick to a diet that i can get along with. But one thing that i have noticed in tryin ot eat healthy, is that the foods that are supposed to be healthy for you are just too damn expensive. Its all of the junk that is just dirt cheap now-adays. Complicates things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 1:08 PM

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee

This isn't really a diet as such but... From personal experience when I was a 'bigger' lady..

Eat exactly the same food but less of it, that way you dont feel like you are dieting.. and you still enjoy eating..
Have smaller meals but on a smaller plate so the plate still looks full (it fools your mind, honest)
Have a large glass of water before meals so some of your tummy is full before you start eating, you will eat less that way..
Eat slowly, as you will feel full quicker..
As soon as you start to feel full, stop eating.. dont try to clear your plate
If you feel peckish between meals try to have a low calorie snack, or better still if its not long until your meal time dont have anything and wait for the meal..
Try to avoid junk food if you can..
Alcohol is chock full of calories, so drink as little as possible..

I have the best diet in the world now.. well kind of.. stress kills my appitite and I've had a very stressful year workwise so lost weight (too much weight though) so now I am quite happily on an anti-diet - eating everything I fancy (chocolate, cakes, icecream, etc, etc..) when ever I fancy it to try and put weight on.. its not really working though as I have a very busy job and am running round like an idiot all day.. at least I'm not losing anymore weight though

I hope this helps..

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

Last edited by LoopyLee; 07-23-2008 at 1:34 PM.
post #5 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 1:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 196

I feel qualified to talk about this having being fat in the past ( fat is fat i don't mind using the word ). It's this simple eat less and exercise more. Honest it's that simple. You might feel hungry but that's just because your belly's empty , if you keep putting food in belly it gets big and as such you need to put more in it. Stop putting that much in and it takes less to fill. Yes you may feel hungry for a while but you won't die ! Get over it and lose weight you'll fell better and look better. The only down side is that you'll not be able to do the truffle shuffle.
Regards Bucko
post #6 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 1:31 PM Thread Starter

Wish that i was more like you Loopy, stress just makes me loose hair and not weight LOL
post #7 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 1:43 PM

Hey I'm not bald, it's a reverse mohawk or wait it's the solar panel for the love machine I just shave it off. My wife thinks shaved heads are sexy lucky for me.
post #8 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 2:08 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post

Eat exactly the same food but less of it, that way you dont feel like you are dieting.. and you still enjoy eating..

Alcohol is chock full of calories, so drink as little as possible..

I hope this helps..

Look at your portion ahead of time and eat what need not what you want, If you eat till your stuffed your taking in tons of extra calories, my mom does that consitently and cant figure out why she gains weight . . .

Eat what you need, you may not be full for a bit but give yourself time to be full, it takes a few minutes

DONT JUST STOP EATING. I see people do this all the time and it wrecks your body, you have to eat, just eat less/healthier and exercise go for walks, swimming, etc, you dont have to run a marathon just do something consistently

[/rant] i get carried away
post #9 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 2:34 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Life just sucks when you are hungry. I used to compete in martial arts tournaments, and that meant dropping about 8-10 lbs a few times a year. Being hungry just makes you meaner, so it worked, but I hated it. So many things in life is about compromises and sacrifices...a great looking stomach is great, but I just LOVE eating good food. Six-dollar-burger anyone?
post #10 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 3:20 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Eat at home. Portions at restaurants and fast food establishments are huge and highly caloric.
post #11 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 6:41 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingar View Post
Eat at home. Portions at restaurants and fast food establishments are huge and highly caloric.
where are these restaurants? there's usually never enough to my plate to fill me and I'm 5'4", 110lbs.

right now I have 4 chicken thighs on my plate (well 2 are gone now) and I hope its enough but probably not. I haven't been eating enough lately because I've been working too much.

here's whats always worked for me. DON'T eat the fat on meats. its gross and I don't get why people do it anyway.

Now my diet consists of eat everything I can find (which isn't a change) but I also empty a 36" trailer full of stuff 4-6 days a week so exercise is always plentiful.

I've heard people say that keeping a log of what you eat helps you realize just how much you're actually eating.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #12 of 75 Old 07-23-2008, 6:55 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Here's a simple question you can ask yourself before you eat. Did this food I'm about to eat grow this way or was it made this way? The closer your food is to it's natural state the better off you will be and you can and should eat plenty of it. The more a food is processed the worse it is going to be for you. Your month is the best food processer on the planet. Chew your food don't inhale it. A basic clean diet with regular exercise is all most people will need, just about everyone gets the food wrong. And of course eat well before you go shopping for food each week, you will be less inclined to buy crap, healthy eating starts when you do the weekly shopping - if you don't buy it you can't eat it. Don't eat out more than once a week and make it your reward.
post #13 of 75 Old 07-24-2008, 8:31 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 109

There's not a great deal one can add to the good advice already given, but if discipline isn't one of your strong points make sure what you eat fills you more than adds calories. lots of steamed rice is a good start as it fills the gut but doesn't leave much behind. Don't stock up on too much proteins and if you do drink switch from beer to a purer form of spirit.
post #14 of 75 Old 07-24-2008, 8:49 AM

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
where are these restaurants? there's usually never enough to my plate to fill me and I'm 5'4", 110lbs. You're about the same size as me then..

right now I have 4 chicken thighs on my plate (well 2 are gone now) and I hope its enough but probably not. I haven't been eating enough lately because I've been working too much. I know that feeling.. I'm so busy at work I lose track of time and dont eat..

here's whats always worked for me. DON'T eat the fat on meats. its gross and I don't get why people do it anyway. I dont eat any fat either... totally gross..

Now my diet consists of eat everything I can find (which isn't a change) but I also empty a 36" trailer full of stuff 4-6 days a week so exercise is always plentiful. I'm running round like an idiot at work all the time and have to eat more just to keep my weight the same..

I've heard people say that keeping a log of what you eat helps you realize just how much you're actually eating. Good idea
read red stuff

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #15 of 75 Old 08-04-2008, 7:14 AM

Reputation Power: 13

The fat on meats puts flavour in there or so I hear.!! You would probably not enjoy most Polish, or eastern european dishes then. I get strange looks when cutting ALL the fat off my Golonka. The meat is real tasty, thats why I order it.

Loose weight gradually, each week burn more calories than you consume. Try to make it fun. Find something you like to do which requires the burning of energy through excercise. Train several days a week maybe 4 (hopefully 5) at moderate intensity. Say 60% rising eventually to 70% of your max heart rate for an hr or so. Take a day to do low intensity work that you enjoy. EG if you normally cycle go for a swim or a jog etc etc. Take another day for rest no training. There are lots of different plans for training. Have a look, stick to a plan. Eventually you get addicted to training, hormones or something!!!??? Later you become more and more competitive against others or the clock. By then you will have very little body fat. When you choose your sport consult those in the know. They'll set you straight. Have fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page