One strike immigration policy.. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 5:05 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

One strike immigration policy..

Firstly let me say this has nothing to do with what race you might be, this is about respect. It's been suggested that when people are allowed into a new they should be welcomed, which they are. Often they come from troubled parts of the world which is also fine. What I have problem with is when they step out and burn our flag and spit at our authorities, it's my opinion we should just ship them back to wherever they came from. Clearly nobody in this country has the guts to step up and take these measures so maybe I'm wrong. I grew up with the understanding that when your in another persons home your on your very best behavior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 5:36 PM
jef

Reputation Power: 0

Re: One strike immigration policy..

I agree mate. Pretty similar thing going on here. There's a few Brit's I'd like to see shipped over to war ravaged countries too!
post #3 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 5:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Well I think you need to deal with your own problems in house so to speak. So often these people come into a new country and bring all of their baggage along for the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 5:57 PM
jef

defo. why send them to jail & spend tax on them when you can send them back home? hehe. (I certainly think deporting is cheaper than Mr. Brown would have us believe)

Anyway, Australia's meant to have an awesome immigration policy allready aren't they? it's all you hear in the pubs here, people saying we should be more like Australia.

They had a programme on the telly (GMTV) about 18 months back, where they interviewed people running the channell tunnel from france to get into England (which I would agree with if they wanted to come & become part of the country), and the general reponsce to 'Why do you want to goto England?' was 'So we get free houses & money'.
post #5 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 6:10 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

These people want to come to our countries becasue they offer a better life, then the next thing you know the trouble they left behind is surfacing on our streets. I think in this regard we are way too soft, 1 strike and your on a plane family, dog, cat the works.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 6:13 PM

that's a bit extreme, don't you think? People make mistakes in their lives, and throwing out a person that came to Australia from extreme hardship for one mistake is too much.
post #7 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 6:44 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

It needs to be handled case by case but IMO they need to be held to a very high standard. Why should we tolerate the very behaviour that helped mess up the countries they may have left behind?

Last edited by Bigdaddy75; 12-09-2008 at 6:51 PM.
post #8 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 7:02 PM

Reputation Power: 17

You should come to San Diego and see what goes on here. People will migrate from Mexico will get here and then fly a Mexican high in proud in thier front yard. Ok whats wrong here. You run from your country that treats you so badly and disgrace our country by flying it's flag on our soil. If you our so proud of it why did you leave in the first place? At least if you are going to fly a foriegn flag in your yard put the country's flag you are in above it out of respect. I have no problem with someone being proud of were they are from, but also be proud of the country that took you in for a better life for you and your family. Sorry didn't mean to go on a rant, but this really chaps my hide.
post #9 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 7:04 PM
jef

yea I think the 1 instant depends on how bad it is. IE I think we can all agree that there's no reason for a child murderer not to be deported, but I think we can all also agree that someone who gets done for driving 45 in a 40 or somthing wouldn't need to be deported..

I don't see why this is such a hard thing to implement, A friend of mine has a rather stupid brother who recently decided to knock the sh*t out of his wife on holiday in spain, and they deported him without even thinking about it. Didn't cost the government a penny either because he had to make his own way back.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-09-2008, 7:33 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassTurd View Post
You should come to San Diego and see what goes on here. People will migrate from Mexico will get here and then fly a Mexican high in proud in thier front yard. Ok whats wrong here. You run from your country that treats you so badly and disgrace our country by flying it's flag on our soil. If you our so proud of it why did you leave in the first place? At least if you are going to fly a foriegn flag in your yard put the country's flag you are in above it out of respect. I have no problem with someone being proud of were they are from, but also be proud of the country that took you in for a better life for you and your family. Sorry didn't mean to go on a rant, but this really chaps my hide.
This is a sensitive area and I think we have to be carefull about being too specific.
post #11 of 20 Old 12-10-2008, 1:14 AM

Reputation Power: 21

The big problem is that often these people have become citizens - once you have done that its not something you should simply undo.

But if it makes you feel better we do deport people who are here and break the law. Most recent one I remember was someone being deported to NZ. NZers can easily move here and work, they dont need the same immigration conditions as other countries. But they can just as easily be kicked out.
post #12 of 20 Old 12-10-2008, 1:38 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Another example:
CNN.com - Judge: Woman can't cover face on driver's license - Jun. 10, 2003

Most likely, in her country she wouldn't have been able to drive at all.
post #13 of 20 Old 12-10-2008, 4:03 AM
jef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Another example:
CNN.com - Judge: Woman can't cover face on driver's license - Jun. 10, 2003

Most likely, in her country she wouldn't have been able to drive at all.
that's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen. what if some kid finds that licence then sticks one of them things on?
post #14 of 20 Old 12-10-2008, 8:06 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

I find it funny that they use religion, some countries are based upon religion and they wouldn't be allowed to do what they are asking there either. In her case, she is a female and would not be allowed to drive. So using religion as an excuse not to the veil off is fine, but they should be able to say, since you are using religion as the reason, your religion also doesn't allow you to drive either. End of story.
post #15 of 20 Old 12-10-2008, 8:11 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to TattooedGQ

Ship them back...end of story. My father is in immigrant, he and the entire side of the family has taught me nothing but respect for this country. All immigrants should have the same respect, if you don't love it, leave it..simple as that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page