Laid Off... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Send a message via AIM to __DoPe_ShOw__ Send a message via Yahoo to __DoPe_ShOw__
Laid Off...

Well, I lost my job Wednesday. My boss brought me into his boss' office and said "We've come to some decisions and your services are no longer needed." Well by we he means him cause I asked his boss and he said he didn't have anything to do with it, it was as much of a shock to him as it was to me. See, I was working at a Nissan dealership in Lafayette, La and Gordon Breaux was my boss. He thinks he was soooo much better than everyone in there with his new $175k house and his ugly ass wife. I find it funny that he's been in the business for 26 years and still doesn't know the correct information on tires. He still thinks that the 50 in 245/50R16 means the width... Douche... It took me a year and a half to get to Parts Manager/Assistant Manager at Pep Boys! Took him 22 years! Anyways, I told him whut I thought of him and he ran out the building like a bitch... Who think's I should of kicked his ass? I know all of the techs over there did... I still might, not 100% sure yet since I know where he lives and seen where he sleeps... Yay! Oh well, on to look for another job! Later peeps!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 AM

Reputation Power: 144

Send a message via MSN to LoopyLee Send a message via Skype™ to LoopyLee
Re: Laid Off...

My job finished on the 21st December, right before Christmas, and I know how it feels __DoPe_ShOw_

Unemployment is going up at a horrific rate here, just like it is in the States, and trying to find a job is now an absolute nightmare I had to go to the Job Centre to sign on this morning and I couldn't believe it when I walked in.. You would normally see a dozen people in there but this morning it was packed out with people signing on for benefits and looking for work I've never seen it so bad!

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #3 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to __DoPe_ShOw__ Send a message via Yahoo to __DoPe_ShOw__

Yea, its not a good time... I already have a job lined up with a Toyota dealership but I think I need to get out of the automotive industry... I am gonna apply with Intertrust which is a security guard thing where they go pick up money and stuff... Heh... Everyone keeps telling me i'm too aggressive so I should get a job like that but I also have a major temper problem too... Heh... Could be fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM

I was in retail, and now is not the time to be looking for shop work in shops.. so many are closing down here, 3 in our town centre within the last 2 weeks and I've asked at countless shops and no one is hiring at the moment! All the shops are really tightening their belts and if anything not replacing staff who are leaving.

What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

Blade Rider

post #5 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Yea, I guess I was lucky enough to find these 2 possible jobs... Then it's raining here and I don't really want to drive my blazer cause that damn thing burns so much gas to go look for a job... No income = no gas... lol... Anyways, things will get better...
post #6 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 3:46 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLee View Post
I was in retail, and now is not the time to be looking for shop work in shops.. so many are closing down here, 3 in our town centre within the last 2 weeks and I've asked at countless shops and no one is hiring at the moment! All the shops are really tightening their belts and if anything not replacing staff who are leaving.

try to take advantage of any retraining programs from the gov.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-13-2009, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACI4LIFE View Post
try to take advantage of any retraining programs from the gov.
There's nothing available until you have been out of work for 6 months I already asked..

Blade Rider

post #8 of 11 Old 02-16-2009, 2:46 AM

Reputation Power: 13

I got the word from the big boss past Wednesday. I lost my software engineering job at the company that I've been working for about 10 years. I had survived more than 10 layoffs that started ever since the dot-com bubble in the year 2001. There were a total of four layoffs in the last 12 months. So I knew it was coming to me sooner or later.

The result is a relief more than anything else. It was gruesome sitting in that cubicle thinking I'll be next. I kept finding myself watching people leave their jobs next to me. It was just a matter of time before it was my turn. Now that I am off the nerve-wrecking roller coaster ride, I feel like I can breathe.

Thankfully it was a company with full benefits, and I get a pretty good cushion of severance package that'll pay the same salary for several months. I can relax now for a few weeks before I start a fulltime job search. I understand it's a tough job market out there, but I don't even want to think about that yet.

I've made a pretty comfortable living in the last decade and had done pretty much whatever I wanted to do, not really worried about the job or the future. I think I am learning a valuable lesson here, to be prepared for a rainy day and also to know how to size the life appropriately.

But for now, I am ready to take a couple weeks off with the family, and enjoy the moment. I just hope that when I return from this vacation, I will be as laid back as now. Perhaps I am still in a state of shock... who knows. But what I know is that there is a new chapter in life that is about to begin, and I am excited by the anticipation of a new life.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-16-2009, 3:05 AM

Sorry about your news TKDmasterZ but like you said you you are off that nerve wracking roller coaster now.

Enjoy a bit of time with you family, it will give you a bit of time to breathe and catch up and then go all out looking for a new job..

Good luck..

Blade Rider

post #10 of 11 Old 02-17-2009, 1:55 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Thanks Loopy. Let's just all hope that the economy will turn around fast so we can burn our cash on track days and DOT race tires again.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-17-2009, 2:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Good luck in your job-quest. Seems you're not alone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page