Any other Metallica fans out there? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 4:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Any other Metallica fans out there?

I was lucky, and got a ticket for their concert in Oslo this Wednesday The show was great, and the guys seemed very happy on stage! They played a lot of the good old stuff.. It rocks BIGTIME! If they visit your town you should go hear/see them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 4:23 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Re: Any other Metallica fans out there?

I "heard" them when they were at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando over the summer. The tix were over $85.00, which would've been worth it, but I sat in the parking area and heard it all just fine. They sold out very quickly, I was to late.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 6:28 PM

Reputation Power: 0

I love "old" Metallica. The new stuff is iffy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 6:32 PM

Most of what I heard was from the "Master of Puppets" days. Only 1 or 2 new songs in their whole concert. I thought of climbing the walls to get in.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nhfirefighter13
I actually admit to liking both the old AND new Metallica. Nothing gets you more in the mood to dole out a good plungerin' to some Missouri boy than listening to them on the way to work!
post #6 of 18 Old 12-05-2003, 10:28 PM

No matter how much I listen to them, I never thought of "plungerin" any "boy". You, my badge wearing friend, are a twisted phuck!
post #7 of 18 Old 12-06-2003, 8:49 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to flasher2001

Quote:
Originally posted by nhfirefighter13
i'm with you, nh. i bought the new cd and ended up giving it away .

i've seen them twice in concert - while working security. once at Lollapalooza 1996 in Rockingham and again in 2000 when the Summer Sanitarium series came to the Rock. metallica was great at both events. there was a huge rain storm in 2000 that sent most of the concert goers home by the time metallica hit the stage. it was storming in the distance while they performed and it was awesome. imagine seeing them do "Disappear" (right after MI2 came out) while streaks of lighning are lighting up the sky behind them.

Check out my WebSite - www.flasher2001.com
post #8 of 18 Old 12-06-2003, 9:24 AM

I like Metallica, but I dislike the new cd. I listened to it over and over thinking it would grow on me.. Nope.

I saw them a few years ago in Milwaukee. I think it was for the reload tour.

If you want a great DVD for them, buy "Cunning Stunts."
post #9 of 18 Old 12-06-2003, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by smkeatr
No matter how much I listen to them, I never thought of "plungerin" any "boy". You, my badge wearing friend, are a twisted phuck!
C'mon now you basement-saver, you know I'm only baiting that feline from Mizzou or his emergency room friend to come out of hiding!
post #10 of 18 Old 12-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Zop

Send a message via MSN to Zop

Yep got my tickets for when they are here on January 28th. Can't wait.

Yes it's Fast. No you can't ride it.
post #11 of 18 Old 12-06-2003, 11:55 PM

After listening to their new album...it's time for Metallica to hang it up. Terrible.

The "black album" was the beginning of the end for them. That album started their "radio hits" with more crap to make a complete album, and they forgot how to make good music.
post #12 of 18 Old 12-07-2003, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by OSIRIS
After listening to their new album...it's time for Metallica to hang it up. Terrible.

The "black album" was the beginning of the end for them. That album started their "radio hits" with more crap to make a complete album, and they forgot how to make good music.
This could not be other than personal stuff, but my humble claim is that Metallica stopped caring about "radio hits/being listener friendly" for a while when they did "Garage". Every album before and after that excluding St. Anger ROCKS in my ears... St Anger is probably a great album,but I feel that they should have continued with the same producer, and doing what they are truly great at. Creating COOL Riffs/beats... Ater listening to St. Anger lots of times i still think it's too "raw" in the sound. Doesn't really matter if you are from OZ.. The only songs from the St. Anger album they played on stage in Oslo was St. anger, dirty windows and frantic.... You have got something to look forward to

Edited spelling, No way I left something out Doubt I'll ever speak /write correct American/English untill i get the chance to stay "over there" for a longer period of time. The only time I've visited your country was when my girlfriend worked at the Norwegian pavillion in EPCOT/Disney Florida. We drove down to the keys, and had a great time This was pre satnav/GPS and we got lost in the shady parts of Miami, but still made it to the "keys" . Had a GOOD time : )

Last edited by Fire929blade; 12-07-2003 at 1:29 AM.
post #13 of 18 Old 12-07-2003, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OSIRIS

I remember hearing the same thing when Justice hit. Its on MTV so now they are all of a sudden a sell out. And while drasticly different from the first 3 albums, it still kicked ass yet IMHO was the turning point for the band. When TBA (the black album) hit it was the same, only now there was a bigger cry from the Justice-era fans. At first listen TBA didnt do it for me, but it has really grown on me. I bought the Load and Reload discs, but by then it just wasnt what I was interested in anymore. Their live concerts continued to rock, I attended every LA show from around 1989 to about 1998 but havent been to one since. FWIW, if you can find a copy of the "Untill it sleeps" cd single, the b side (well, track 2 on a cd) is a pretty cool version of Motorheads Overkill recorded live at Lemmys 50th birthday party at the Whisky. Enough ramblings for now, The issue is that Metallica has evolved as a band, and as much as I love it, the music of their first 3 albums isnt financialy viable today. Old school metal is sadly dead and the bands what played either fell by the wayside or moved on.
post #14 of 18 Old 12-08-2003, 9:32 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Saw them this summer at Giants Stadium. They rocked hard! I agree, the sound of this album is not finished. Its as if they cut it, mixed it and said good enough. Alsmost like listening to A.M. radio. When they played 3 St. Anger songs live.....YEA! Think St. Anger will make a better 'live' album for sure!

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
post #15 of 18 Old 12-08-2003, 3:02 PM

f*ck them and all the bullsh!t they started with Napster. Greedy phucks.

Insignificant Member

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page