Toronto Bike Show - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-05-2003, 4:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Toronto Bike Show

Just got back from the show, Honda had all three colors on the floor. Bike felt very comfortable for my height and body size (6’2) more so then my 954. Bike felt lighter then the 954, but I'm not sure how much fluids if any were in the bike. It looks really sharp in person but the lower panel has to go!! If you take the lower panel from the all black model we have here and throw it on the Red/Black it would look awesome.

The new R1 is very sharp looking, found it to comfortable as well. Was not to impressed with the ZX10, I found some of the parts were out of place and the lines did not flow very well. The new GSXR 600 and 750 both look dated to me!! Sitting on the bike and grabbing the clutch and front brake levers, the components just seem very flimsy and cheap.

Look, lean, believe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-05-2003, 4:56 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Toronto Bike Show

Interesting to hear you were able to sit on the new Honda. I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas TX a few weeks back and I was not real happy with Honda. They only had one bike, red and black and you could not sit on it. I was able to sit on the new ZX10 and R1.

I guess I will have to wait until it show up at the dealer and we do not know when that will be yet.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-05-2003, 5:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragger
Interesting to hear you were able to sit on the new Honda. I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas TX a few weeks back and I was not real happy with Honda. They only had one bike, red and black and you could not sit on it. I was able to sit on the new ZX10 and R1.

I guess I will have to wait until it show up at the dealer and we do not know when that will be yet.
Before the show in TO a few people on this board said the same thing. I was pretty surprised to find all 3 colors on the floor. I'm sure someone from TO will post some digital pics soon enough!!

Look, lean, believe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-05-2003, 5:07 PM

Reputation Power: 17

[ I'm sure someone from TO will post some digital pics soon enough!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hope so! Glad the bike felt good to sit on I will have to hang on to my 929 for a while longer, but I still love it so it's not really a problem
post #5 of 6 Old 12-06-2003, 5:18 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Like some others I will hang onto my 929 & know some 954 owners will also be doing the same. Not ALL are sold on the can under the saddle & loss of the carrying capacity.

Someone might correct me & point out that there is a similiar carrying capacity on some other part of the bike. Still I will not be racing my bike & it will be on the hwys so the extra power is not necessay while carrying capacity is important to me.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-06-2003, 5:35 PM

I'm going tomorrow and i'll take lots of pics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page