Worst movie of the year? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 8:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Worst movie of the year?

What's yours?

I saw cabin Fever last night, and thought it was down and out the worst movie all year. It started off OK, but it seemed like "I just graduated form director School" director handed the script of the movie over to a pre school student about 20 minutes into the thing...

Whatever you do - DON'T see this film. to spare you the story - kids go to woods, get infected with skin eating disease, one by one they are infected, and one way or another, they all die. there. no go see something else...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Worst movie of the year?

Of this year or of all time? I've really been disappointed lately. I'm getting pretty good at summing up movies just by their previews/trailers. That's how predictable and bland today's movies are. One movie that comes to mind - Guys at work were raving how "28 Days Later" would scare them and how awesome the movie was. I thought it sucked, and I'm old enough to remember several movies identical (same basic plot) several years ago not to mention actors wearing red contact lenses and walking around like Frankenstein/Zombies doesn't really send chills down my spine. Was it the worst? Maybe not the worst but let me think about it because there was a movie that I rented recently that I actually considered requesting a rental refund for marketing fraud. It was that bad!

One decent (not great, but different with some entertaining plot twists) was Nicholas Cage's Adaptation. Talk about not seeing the normal obvious plot, definitely different from what I envisioned it being.

I watched for 4 hours straight the original 1954 Seven Samurai, for it's time that movie set the standard for a lot of directors and screen writers. That was pretty good.
post #3 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:34 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Anything with Julia Roberts. For whatever reason her trademark laugh and horse grin ruin the movie. Cruel but honest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:37 PM

I thought Dreamcatcher was pretty terrible and 28 Days Later was ok...but not scary as hell like they said it is.

Haven't been to the movies much this year, but the last few years anything starring Eddie Murphy HAS to be one of the worst films of the year.
post #5 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:39 PM

Same here dude! She drives me nuts. Can anyone say well rehearsed fake laugh? She doesn't do it for me, same with Molly Ringwald (?) remember her? I could never see how some guys thought she was hot - no way.

Edit: Yes, Dreamcatcher was bad, very disappointing.

Last edited by SuperDave; 12-09-2003 at 1:40 PM.
post #6 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
One decent (not great, but different with some entertaining plot twists) was Nicholas Cage's Adaptation. Talk about not seeing the normal obvious plot, definitely different from what I envisioned it being.
I found that to be an engaging movie and it was one of only handful that I really enjoyed watching this past year.

Hollywood sucks..
post #7 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:41 PM

Molly Ringwald She's hot....as in sweaty.
post #8 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:43 PM

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it as well.

Don't you hate it when a movie is kick ass upto a certain point then goes South? I thought one of the greatest beginning of a film was Swordfish with John Travolta and then halfway through - down the toilet!
post #9 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 1:55 PM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 31

Speaking of horror movies, the best one I've seen in a long time is Shadow of the Vampire with John Malkovich. Watch it then watch the original b&w Nosferatu directly afterwards. Cool.

Is a paradigm worth 20 cents?
post #10 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 3:17 PM

The hours. Ashamed to say I saw it....YUCK!
post #11 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 3:35 PM

I have to agree about 28 days.... that was horrible and stupid. At first its cool cuz you don't really know what's going on but then... well you know the rest.
post #12 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 4:07 PM

Worst movie... not certain, but the last movie that I couldn't even get halfway through before tearing the DVD out of the player was some recent action comedy, I think. Probably just as well that I can't remember the title.

28 Days was ok, paling in comparison to The Stand.
post #13 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 5:30 PM
Fig

Was Phonebooth this year??? I am so glad I waited for netflix to see that one.

Holy crap, I had to take the kids to see Cat in the Hat.. I would have gotten better mileage if I had just wiped my ass with the money. Here's a quote from Ty Burr of the Boston Globe, who nailed it right on the head:

Quote:
At one point in ''The Cat in the Hat,'' the Cat, played by Mike Myers, is mistaken for a pinata by a group of children at a birthday party. One by one, they line up to smack him, and the scene culminates with a husky lad swinging a baseball bat directly into the unfortunate feline's cojones.

That's a remarkably precise metaphor for what this movie does to the memory of Dr. Seuss. If the producers had dug up Ted Geisel's body and hung it from a tree, they couldn't have desecrated the man more.
Yes folks it was horrible.
Fig
post #14 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 6:08 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig
Was Phonebooth this year??? I am so glad I waited for netflix to see that one.

Holy crap, I had to take the kids to see Cat in the Hat.. I would have gotten better mileage if I had just wiped my ass with the money. Here's a quote from Ty Burr of the Boston Globe, who nailed it right on the head:

Yes folks it was horrible.
Fig
I heard that. One of my most beloved memories of childhood raped and left to die in a gutter. Everyone involved with that movie should be shot.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
post #15 of 31 Old 12-09-2003, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

28 days later was "OK" in the you could watch it once if you really had to kinda way. Surprisingly, I'd say one of the movies I enjoyed most this year (and I stress "this year" - 2003) was Pirates Of The Carr. Curse of the blakc pearl.

It was just fun to watch. not a "great" movie or anything, just fun.

I agree with adaptation, that was good. Matchstick men was OK too.

Looking forward to spending more money on the lower budget independant films next year. At least they usually have a plot...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page