Anyone ever been to Belize? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Off-Topic Discussion of anything that doesn't fit anywhere else. If it's related to motorcycles in any way, DO NOT post it here. Post it in General Discussion or a more specific forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 8:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Anyone ever been to Belize?

I am almost positive I will be going there in Feb. I was wondering if any fellow .ORG members have been there. I am going to Ambergris Caye also, which is I guess really fantastic for snorkling and diving. And the second largest barrier reef is there. The place I found is dirt cheap because hardly anyone travels to Belize. Any helpful info would be great.

Here is a link.

Ambergris Caye

Last edited by ViciousRR; 12-12-2003 at 8:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 10:36 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Anyone ever been to Belize?

A buddy of mine was stationed there in the army in the late eighties or early nineties. He absolutely loved it, and says if his wife would let him, he would buy property there now to retire there someday. What kinda stuff are you looking for, I'll ask him.

post #3 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousRR
The place I found is dirt cheap because hardly anyone travels to Belize. Any helpful info would be great.

Here is a link.

Ambergris Caye
You simply MUST post a reply/review. 4 couples (including us) are starting to plan next year's big vaction blowout (3 years ago it was St. Maarten - very fun). Many ideas are being tossed around (like Mexico - YAWN!) and Key West (for Fanny Fest).

I hope you have a great time!! If you like it and all that I'd like to get a hold of the people you spoke with about lodging.

When we went to St. Marrten we rented a 5 bedroom house *on* the beach for the week. Heaven... and cheaper than stying the hotel down the street!

Sorry I could not offer any useful info at this point but the few people I've spoken with who went there years ago loved it, that's all I've been told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 1:56 PM

no but I've really thought about buying property there:

escape artist

Last edited by phozed; 12-12-2003 at 1:57 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
A buddy of mine was stationed there in the army in the late eighties or early nineties. He absolutely loved it, and says if his wife would let him, he would buy property there now to retire there someday. What kinda stuff are you looking for, I'll ask him.
Damn I was going to say the same exact thing. My friend Jimmy was stationed there for a little while (He was a MP in the Army) and said the same types of things. He said it was unreal.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 3:06 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Can't say that I have, but after seeing some of those links it's officially on my list of "places to visit"
post #7 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 4:57 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot
You simply MUST post a reply/review. 4 couples (including us) are starting to plan next year's big vaction blowout (3 years ago it was St. Maarten - very fun). Many ideas are being tossed around (like Mexico - YAWN!) and Key West (for Fanny Fest).

I hope you have a great time!! If you like it and all that I'd like to get a hold of the people you spoke with about lodging.

When we went to St. Marrten we rented a 5 bedroom house *on* the beach for the week. Heaven... and cheaper than stying the hotel down the street!

Sorry I could not offer any useful info at this point but the few people I've spoken with who went there years ago loved it, that's all I've been told.
I won't be going till Feb. But I will for sure have lots of pics and l will give you the 411 on places to stay and go. I do know you need to have passport for Belize (no biggie).

Another Idea Holeshot, is to do a cruise which goes to Belize and Cozumel and places like that. All I know is that it's 15 degrees outside, and I can't wait to go.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-12-2003, 5:46 PM

I went last March. I stayed in BZ City, but made excursions to the cays. Ambergris is VERY nice and a very solid choice. A friend of mine has been doing dolphin research down there for the last two years. She absolutely loves it. The water is beautiful, the livin' is easy.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-13-2003, 1:38 AM

Reputation Power: 22

dude, i am tagging along.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-13-2003, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot

The Dominican Republic come highly recomended here. I just got back and It was amazing! Nice beaches (really white sand). We were neck deep in the water, amazed by the fact that our toes were so visable. I have been to cancun, I was married there. And the Domincan Rep blows it out of the water. The people are nice and dont have that condesending attitude like, natives in Cancun do. They are very very inteledent, which is actually realy comforting once you get there. You dont have to worry if "this idiot" knows what you are talking about. When you get to the resort they ask you if you speak Spanish, English, Dutch, or French. You tell them once, and thats what they speek to you. It is amazing that the mojority of the people there speak 4 lanuages. I have posted a few pictures in My Gallery . Check them out. They really dont show alot of what is really there but im working on getting the rest of the pictures up.

Dood sorry to jack your thread. Never been to belize, but actually our next vacation will be there. Says my wife anyway.
post #11 of 11 Old 12-13-2003, 10:39 PM

Oh yeah... whatever you do, don't drink Belikin. Not because it is bad, but because it is barely harder than a soda. I had a six pack and didn't have a tingle, when usually three beers is enough to get a nice buzz...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Other > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page